Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Show me your Orange 29er(Alpine 5,segment etc)
  • burton
    Free Member

Here my old girl , still like it just bloody heavy .. Trust me it is after carrying it up snowdon 😀

renton
    Free Member

Burton… Looks very nice, what do you think of it ?

jamesross
    Free Member

Not sure why it has only shown as a link…

renton
    Free Member

Nice jamesross…. what do you think of it ?

jamesross
    Free Member

I’m really happy with it. I have had a number of Oranges and although I have tried other bikes, there is something about the way a full suspension Orange rides which to me feels just right. In all honesty I’m probably over-biked with it as it is a hefty piece of kit and will take more than I could ever throw at it. I am a happy chap with mine and I hope you feel the same way about yours when it arrives.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

renton
    Free Member

Well it’s here and mostly built…….

I’m waiting for an Easton stem and a chain link to turn up and I’m good to go.

The cockpit is all stuff I had lying around just to trial to see what I get on with before buying some nice gear.

I have started pealing the alpine stickers off ready for the new gold decals to go on. It will get washed and polished before applying them though.

It’s a blooming long old beast, had to rearrange the shed to get it to fit.

Cheers
    Steve

EDIT… Does anyone know how tight the crank bolt should be on the racefaxe cranks as I’ve never had them before.

chestrockwell

Yep, they’re big old boys!

Not sure how tight the bolts should be but do know you need a Isis crank extractor to get them off.

If you have any trouble getting the decals off use a hair dryer. I didn’t like the graphic under the ‘Orange’ on the down tube on mine so removed it. It was almost impossible to peel until I applied some heat.

qwerty
    Free Member

Tighten the RH crank bolt until the crank bottoms-out on the spindle. This is a hard stop. You will not be able to tighten the bolt further. This completes the installation.

rickon
    Free Member

Yep as above, as tight as you ca n possibly get it.

rickon
    Free Member

The one thing I would recommend is slamming the stem. The bar height is pretty high anyway, so ive got a negative rise on my stem to enable me to get my weight over the front tyre.

bigrich

buy three or four very cheap stems of different angles and lengths to get the fit sorted out so you can ride it without knackering your wrists.

change the stickers.

renton
    Free Member

The temp stem on it has 25 deg rise !!!!

Feels like a chopper.

rOcKeTdOg

Is that a bike washing specific gravelled area? Looks spot on for the job

Euro
    Free Member

This one ive bought is really a nice bike with fox 34’s and kashima shock etc.

PseudoBling trumps fit?

Hope you ride it. Hope you like it.

Kryton57

😯

Given your history, do you not think its a good idea to give a good ride before you start peeling off stickers etc?

Whats the difference between an O5 and a Segment? Travel and Geo?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Found it really odd that you were asking for opinions after you bought it….

chestrockwell

Alpine 5 is 140/150mm front, 140mm rear where as the Segment is 120mm front, 110mm rear. Not sure about geo. They look similar in the pictures but the tubes on the A5 are much burlier in the flesh. The Segment looks very fragile next to the A5, or the A5 looks over built. Depends who’s looking.

northernatheart
    Free Member

Hi, slow response but I am 6.1 and it’s a 19 ” frame. Really like it, just thinking if I should ditch the ccdb coil and move to a lighter air shock.

robowns
    Free Member

You seem to be buying a lot of stuff in an effort just to get a ‘higher front end”.

Riser bars would’ve made your front end higher than a new bike.

renton
    Free Member

Robowns……

So I had loads of spacers,a stem with rise and risers on the trance and it still felt low.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Orange 29er(Alpine 5,segment etc)’ is closed to new replies.