• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Show me your On One Fatty's
  • DaveE

Just started building mine. Any tips
    Thanks

Sorry if I’ve duplicated post.

DaveE

Bump

JoeG
    Free Member

Go tubeless! Or at least get rid of the On-One innertubes. They’re ridiculously heavy.

Put a bunch of grease in the freehub body as its not really sealed that well.

If your hubs have the threaded end caps, these may need some blue loctite to keep them from loosening. I never had a problem, but others did. I think that they might have revised the hubs, so may no longer be an issue.

Put a dropper seatpost on it!

DaveE

Planning to drill rims and set up tubeless before I ride it. Will get cranks next week. Then ready to ride.

JoeG
    Free Member

Mine last year. It has the carbon fork, now.

monkeyp

Loaded up for a bike packing trip. Running 9 speed, carbon fork, carbon bars, drilled rims and tubeless. Brilliant bike 🙂

tomhoward

*reports JoeG for swear filter avoidance*

😉

JoeG
    Free Member

8) 😆

stugee
    Free Member

I’m really fancying a fat bike. Are these a do it all bike? Currently have a 26″ full susser. I don’t do epic rides or travel at warp speeds, imagine the fat bike would bike a different type of enjoyment!

crispyrice

Fatty

Thinny

Drilling holes and setting up tubeless was far to much like hard work for me – instead use Schwalbe Freeride 3.0 inch tubes – very light at 185g vs the half a kilo tubes supplied!

Non-Fat wheels are great for doing a bit of distance at a decent lick, can bit unforgiving on the rougher trails mind you.

JoeG
    Free Member

stugee – yes. Get one!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show me your On One Fatty's’ is closed to new replies.