Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Show me your old school SC Superlights…
  • UncleBob
    Free Member

Mine just keeps on going. Still a better bike than I’m a rider.
    Seen its fair share of other countries too but here it is being very local

bearGrease

Sold my 2001 grey ano v1 a few months ago. I rode it a lot and loved every minute but it had been in bits since 2009 and I figured it was better to spend money on more modern bikes rather than resurrecting it. Hope the retrobiker who bought it is enjoying it.

Black FTW! DanW’s bike is a beaut. A small 3.1 would be great for the mini Greasers.

DanW
    Free Member

Black FTW! DanW’s bike is a beaut.

Cheers! I had some flippin’ good times on that bike and can only hope the STWer who I sold it to is having a similarly great time 🙂

xcstu
    Free Member

No longer in the fleet and very much missed ;-/

cakeyboy
    Free Member

Some cracking bikes there running mine on 120mm forks and I’m still alive !!

bakey

I’ve a SL 2008 frame knocking about, which I should sell really.

Anyone fancy a white, small?

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

No pics but still loving my grey ano. Mk3. Just put some new 120 Rebas on it for a new lease of life( for both me and it!). Classic bike, not perfect but will take on most things you throw at it with the minimum of fuss and maintenance. You can agonise over specs and exotica like I used to do but some things are just right for you at the end of the day.

Alex

I had a Kona ManoMano before this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LFHwA]Santa Cruz Superlight. Sep 01 – Sep 03[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Kept it for ages. Went to Equador and the Alps amongst other places. Sold it for a hardtail. Can’t quite remember why. Large AND a 110mm stem!

Top of a big hill in Wales somewhere. Can’t believe that’s 14 years ago!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/b7QpnT]Brecon Ride – April 2002[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

And I just had to share this pic at the end of the Ecuador challenge again in 2002. Blue frame, red forks, YELLOW tyres. I was enduro before we even knew what enduro was!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/akpufj]Ecuador Mcmillan Challenge – 2002[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

That blue ano model was the same as my original, the swing arm cracked at the clamp as was quite common. Build was similar to mine except mine was a small with 130 stem. Even had the same Marzocchi forks if they are the X-Fly. Never got them to give full travel and put me right off air forks until now. It doesn’t help that I only weigh 91/2 stone mind you, not enough momentum to get them to work properly. Still got them hung up in the garage.

Terra

2007 model, 120mm forks, improved it no end.

coogan
    Free Member

@UncleBob, I do believe that’s my old Superlight! You’re in Glasgow right? I was just thinking I didn’t have any old pictures of my old one.

UncleBob
    Free Member

@coogan

I was in Glasgow when I bought it (from Edinburgh) but you I don’t think you going by @coogan back then. I do remember you were “trading-up” to a Turner 5 Spot at the time though.

It’s seen a lot of miles, and parts, since then. In late 2014, I stripped it back to frame ‘n’ fork ‘n’ wheels and replaced just about everything else (including pivot bearing). Forks could probably do with a service to get them back to being a bit more lively but otherwise it rides like it was brand new.

It’s genuinely now the sort of bike you can’t sell – not because it’s worthless (“It’s twenty-what?”) but because that anodised orange frame carries so many memories of trails around the world, campfire stories and silly falls.

coogan
    Free Member

@UncleBob – Grand to hear and see it’s still going strong, was a great wee bike when I had it. Been through a few Turner 5 Spots, Santa Cruz’z and Dialled bikes since then! Now bouncing down hills on a Pivot Mach 6.

fooman

Juliana again just rebuilt & looking pretty good for a 10 year old frame

Keando

A question for those of you running as 3×9. I have replaced the bottom brcket on my MK3 SL and set up as usual wuth 1 spacer on the LHS and 2 on the RHS. I’m finding this is throwing the chainline so far out that I can’t use the larger gears on the rear cassette without the chain rubbing on the inside of the front mech cage. Any pictures or advice on how your BB spacers are set up would be much appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Show me your old school SC Superlights…’ is closed to new replies.