Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • show me your "new to XC" race bikes.
  • slugrider
    Free Member

So i took up xc racing in the late part of last year, i started on a 26″ 853 inbred that i bought for about £400 then went 29 with an on one race29 which I loved and even named but broke (my fault for naming it) and after much time at a lathe and researching how to bond aluminium to carbon, fixing it, some winter training it finally died at margam madness. Replacing took a while but i ended up with a devinci wooky carbon. I stayed up till gone one Saturday night building my new pride and joy only to stack it racing the following day, breaking my ankle and leg in five places. Since then I’ve been accumulating parts to adjust the geo from my hospital bed and sofa based on one ride. So it just want to see what you’ve done and what you think

njee20
    Free Member

I’m not new to it, but here’s mine, now with inverted 90mm stem and 710mm flat bars.

maxtorque

slugrider
    only to stack it racing the following day, breaking my ankle and leg in five places.

Blimey! You are racing XC and not DH right?? 😉 GWS!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bought a Mamasita (now for sale) to replace my scandal single speed.Chucked some gears on it for a laugh,entered my first xc race for 22 years.Bizarrely enjoyed it.Doing more races this year ,including a couple of nationals 😯 so I thought I’d better get something plastic (and pink).

scaled
    Free Member

Can’t find a PIC on my phone but I tried racing on my little inbred that’s a bit small for me, massive seat post and 100mm stem (it’s been my girlfriends bike for a while bit I’m having it back!)

I hated the queue on the single track tech bits then getting smoked on the flats. It hurt bit was strangely enjoyable.

I’d be doing more of the midweek madness races if I had childcare on Thursdays.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘show me your "new to XC" race bikes.’ is closed to new replies.