Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Show me your Meta’s, I’ve just bought one!
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Got this 2009 Meta 5.5.3 last week after a year on my hardtail. Love it so far, let me see yours!

Added my XT/DT swiss/Mavic wheel set and added an XTR and Deore XT shifters onto the build.

retro83
    Free Member

crap pic, looks better in real life (honest guv)

wors

looks nice, why did you go from ht if you don’t mind me asking?

i’m currently riding a hardtail and want a new frame, i was dead set on getting another hardtail but my mind is being swayed.

just googled the meta and for the price it’s a bargain!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stcolin
    Free Member

Thanks wors.

I switched for a few reasons. The hardtail was a bit too steep for me, I have been progressing nicely in the skills department, and felt the need to get something more slack to suit. I was hitting things faster and harder, so that’s the decision I made. My lower back also take a pounding on longer rides, so this should help with that.

Still have the hardtail thought, I might build it back up to a commuter spec bike for work if I can’t sell the frame/forks/wheels from it.

Chase
    Free Member

Frames at £750 with Merlin Cycles at the moment.

JxL
    Free Member

mmm love the Meta’s. It might be my full-suss frame when I build one 🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member
    Top.Dog
    Free Member

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Sorry

DeeW
    Free Member

Was going to send a pic of the cracked one that is an expensive wall-hanging in my garage, but didn’t want to add any doubt to your new relationship….

I was running Lyriks on it though so guess could be seen as my fault.

Lovely bike while it was in one piece!

lookoutkid
    Free Member

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Telemaster18
    Free Member

It’s not broken….they never break…..it’s a creaky hope pro2 hub thats pi**ing me off! Or maybe the QR? Or the dropouts? somethings creaking anyway.

druidh
    Free Member

It has since been fitted with Pikes. While I love it, I reckon I’d like to try something a bit lighter and am currently interested in one of the new Commie Super 4 Carbons to be gracing these shores later this year.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Meta’s, I’ve just bought one!’ is closed to new replies.