Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Show me your met parachutes in action (preferably)
  • davebust
    Free Member

I always wear a pisspot helmet, protection where it’s needed, your noggin

davebust
    Free Member

Can someone explain how this will protect your chin:

Maybe it was a better fit when he was younger

stevemtb
    Free Member

Have to completely disagree Mbnut. I’ve had a crash straight onto my face sliding along the ground on my chin guard, thought I’d completely ripped the side of my face off the way I slid along and there wasn’t a mark on me (might have made an improvement right enough 😆 ).

My mate was following me that day and thought I was in serious trouble. Got straight back up and after being convinced my face wasn’t in shreds dusted myself off an carried on with the helmet still in tact.

If it wasn’t for the parachute I seriously doubt I’d have been off to the Alps the next week. My mate bought one after seeing it stand up to the crash and has been happy with his too.

Haven’t landed square on the front of the chin and really wouldn’t want to as I suspect it would shatter as described but would rather have that there than just my teeth!

Will definitely have a look at the other one for a replacement but also have to say the parachute has impressed me and saved at least one fairly serious injury.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Much as it pains me, but I’m coming round to the TJ way of thinking on this one.

I’d never not wear a helmet to protect my skull, but I’ve had worse injuries wearing full faces and body armour than I have in open faces and au naturel. To me full face and armour seems to make me make stupid decisions and mistakes, I’d still be riding the same stuff, but seem much more prone to crashing! At least part of that must be mental.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Show me your met parachutes in action (preferably)’ is closed to new replies.