Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Show me your light weight full sus's
  • njee20
    Free Member

I'm sure I could get it a lot lighter by borrowing scales from some other posters on this thread.

If that's aimed at me, may I point out all the bits where mine's lighter? 😉

forgotmename
    Free Member

No i know that bike isnt that heavy really, but i do have another bike that IS my heavy one,making the 1 in the link my light full susser, sorry for the way it was written. Heavy bike on that link somewhere.
    And its not an argument, i respect your thoughts njee.

delusional
    Free Member

Oh that Blur is lovely. I've been lusting after one of those so badly lately. That build looks spot on as well.

njee20
    Free Member

I think Foes should also be applauded for very much going against the grain, with a short travel XC biased bike that's not all about the weight!

druidh
    Free Member

delusional – Member
    Oh that Blur is lovely. I've been lusting after one of those so badly lately. That build looks spot on as well.

Ta. Photo was taken this afternoon at GT – first time I've been out on it this year 😳

I was trying out a slightly shorter stem and it was just perfect. Hmm – shorter stems are lighter, right?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'll have to get a photo of my Helius up this weekend, been on a bit of weight loss recently and is now just over 26.5lbs, not bad for a 129mm travel Easton 7005 frame in Large 🙂

It could be lighter if I went silly with XTR but ain't got the cash, or the inclination 😆

njee20
    Free Member

XTR isn't silly in weight saving terms surely, it's positively conservative!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I reckon going beyond XTR to save a few grammes is where the transition is made from being normal to being a weight weenie.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I think to 99.9% of people, XTR is quite "silly."

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Mine. 24lbs with XT- I saved weight on the wheels, frame and forks. It'd be easy to get it down nearer Njee weight with carbon seatpost, a lighter stem and XTR. I could lose more by going for things like light QRs and crank brothers pedals but there are some points where weight saving isn't a good thing.

It's meant to be my race bike, but I find I'm racing little and trail riding lots lately and am tempted to take the hit and fit 120mm forks.

aviemoron
    Free Member

23lbs

njee20
    Free Member

How is that Tall Boy lighter than than Druid's Blur XC Carbon? Are they the ZTR Race 29er wheels?

Damon
    Free Member

28.1 lbs

aviemoron
    Free Member

njee20, maybe the sum of a lot of little things; the tubeless Pythons are v light (but a bit shite at the mo') 4ti pedals, Masterpiece post, carbonio Flite, KMC X9sl chain, Marta SL's, grips (cut down), XO rear mech and rotary shifters, dunno what bars he's running, but might be a bit there (?) ditto cassette, Maxm stem – silly light. So there might be a pound there, mind you all irrelevant now, put on Rampage 2.35's last night! Worth it though in our present conditions.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Just built this.Was quite impressed as it weighed 25lbs 5oz on my scales.It is an XL sized frame too.
    Thanx Max

v10
    Free Member

24.5lb as is and built ready for trail centre thrashing!

(also in the classifieds) 😉

njee20
    Free Member

njee20, maybe the sum of a lot of little things; the tubeless Pythons are v light (but a bit shite at the mo') 4ti pedals, Masterpiece post, carbonio Flite, KMC X9sl chain, Marta SL's, grips (cut down), XO rear mech and rotary shifters,

Possibly. The Pythons are about 680g though, the Blur XC appears to have 2.25 (at a guess) Nics, which are 580g, not to mention the frame difference…

tazzymtb

11.4kg with 2.25's on, not to shabby for a 5.25" boingly

new forks and a much nicer seatpost than the thomson gop that is on at the minute will knock about 400g off as well and look a lot nicer 😀

TheFlyingOx

Not going to state a weight, cos I simply don't know. I do know that it is VERY light and VERY good at getting me to the top of hills.

Bonus points for identifying the location.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

My medium 575 weighs in at 28.5lb in current setup.Light enough to climb & rugged enough to descend quick 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

njee are you quoting tyre weights from memory?

Moda
    Free Member

A Bit late….Large Scott Spark 20.8lbs including pedals bottle cage and garmin mount….

100_0453

KINGTUT
    Free Member

njee are you quoting tyre weights from memory?

Look here.

AndyF1
    Free Member

Reasonably light i think.

safehandsduffy1
    Free Member

some nice bikes see if we can get some under 20lb

tazzymtb

14.8 lbs

njee20
    Free Member

Nice to see some New Ultimate kit Moda! I had a seatpost for the Fuel, but now I don't distribute it I sold it! Still think their kit is spot on.

How's the KCNC cassette too?

I'd like to get the Fuel under 20, but it's not gonna happen without some new wheels, and money on the bike just isn't a priority at the moment!

mrmo
    Free Member

Should be reasonably light, and will get lighter over time.

yetiguy
    Free Member

6.2 lbs

Do i win?

earl_brutus

don't know what it weighs but its the lightest bike i got and it races round fast n furious!

earl_brutus

22.7lbs

4ndyB
    Free Member

in the blue corner @ 25.5lb (calibrated digital scales)

in the silver corner @ 27.5lbs (calibrated digital scales)

Both 18" frames.

neninja
    Free Member

My upgraded Anthem X4 (only the frame and forks are left 😳 )

XT groupset, Next SL bars, ZTR Olympic wheelset run tubeless etc

Since this pic the pedals were changed for Candy 2ti running on Ward Industries titanium axles – 190g pair

Not sure what the weight is guessing somewhere around 24-25lbs

steve_b77
    Free Member

As promised about a month ago – Nicolai Helius CC, Large, 26.5lbs :mrgreen:

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Show me your light weight full sus's’ is closed to new replies.