Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Show me your…………… light builds
  • letmetalktomark

I know it is down to more than just straight forward static weight but…..

Interested to see your builds with what they weigh.

Nothing more than that really 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Sorry, haven't weighed it but I'd guess about 200g for the headlight and 300g for the battery.

😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

lol!

weighs eh not sure but not much even with sus forks

trickydisco
    Free Member

20.4 lbs without pedals 😀

slugwash
    Free Member

Dunno what it weighs but it's almost half as heavy as my Trek Fuel EX… 😉

organic355
    Free Member

Giant XTC Composite. Just under 10kg

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Clubber, how have you modded that Cateye ABS light? I've got a pair of them, one with a 15w spot, the other with 10w flood, and I was wondering if I could rig them to a dynamo as their batteries don't hold their charge anymore.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its quite light for a Pitch 30lbs.

clubber
    Free Member

mansonsoul – Member
    Clubber, how have you modded that Cateye ABS light? I've got a pair of them, one with a 15w spot, the other with 10w flood, and I was wondering if I could rig them to a dynamo as their batteries don't hold their charge anymore

Yes, I've just used the casing with a cutter triple LED kit inside (resting on a metal plate with thermal compound to get good heat flow from the LEDs to the case) and 14.4V battery (just two 7.2V RC car batteries in series).

njee20
    Free Member

Be prepared for a large number of dubious weights 🙂

This is 19.8lbs with Rocket Rons and ti Egg Beaters:

Think this is about 21 and a bit, not weighed it for a while!

fontmoss
    Free Member

not weighed it for a while!

do bikes get fatter over time if you don't ride them?

The 'fly must be a proper heffamoose by now 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

Mine get lighter over time if not ridden as bits get nicked off them 😉

Here's my SS. 18.2lbs (just for njee)

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Might be cheating a bit but here's my Scandal SS @ 21Lbs. Could knock a couple more pounds off I reckon…

njee20
    Free Member

do bikes get fatter over time if you don't ride them?

I meant I threw it on the scales when I built it, and haven't done since, I have changed a few bits, so I dunno what it weighs!

I'm not gonna lie Clubber, I'm dubious! 😉

timdrayton
    Free Member

*sighs*

I came on here giving it all the "charlie big potatoes" about the weight of mine….. I weighed all the bits, and then put them together and it ended up being a 800g heavier.. (insert annoying blushing emoticon here)

its actually 22.4lbs with 27 gears and the sid teams, but it got it down to 19.7lbs with some RC31 ctypes, and a ti bash ring/nstop thing.

bath room scales were 3lbs out, fishing scales 2lbs, proper expensive digital scales are the only way….

handyman153
    Free Member

This is 19.6 pounds. Not bad i dont think for aluminium frame…

When its got full race wheels on (Tubular) it comes around 19.3 pounds.

Hadge
    Free Member

My old Merlin Oreas – 21.3lb including pedals

tazzymtb

light for type- a 5.25" boingy at 11.1kg's in current build. Some DT swiss XMc 130's should just get it nice and light for long mountain rides and enduro's

Nice to see my old voodoo trickydisco, glad you like it 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4440987129_2c11632365_o.jpg[/img]

Trail not race build, low to mid 20s weight wise

njee20
    Free Member

This is 19.6 pounds. Not bad i dont think for aluminium frame…

Those are the ones I'm going to politely disagree with. Not saying you've not weighed it at that, I just reckon it's a fair bit heavier.

For a start, pretty much every component I can see is not that light, I know you've got a Red rear mech, but still…

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I think nearly everyone of the bikes listed on this thread is dubious!

handyman153
    Free Member

Njee. I will admit quite happily that it could be out. If it is i wouldn't think its by much. (But i do know the tubular wheels take off 0.3 pounds 8) )
    Got some of the park tool scales on the way, so i will get a picture and a weight from them when they arrive.

By the way, some wicked bike on show. I have had 3 of those Ebay Carbon Bikes in the past (2 MTB and 1 Road) and they built up lovely so respect for that.

Cheers
    Josh..

epicsteve
    Free Member

This is my lightest hardtail:

On my scales it's a little under 23lbs (with some mud!). I've got some lighter bits (SID Race, carbon flat bars, Conti Twister Supersonic tyres) which would take the weight down a bit, however I prefer it in this spec.

This is my lightest full-suss – it's a bit over 24lbs as spec'd here. It might get a bit lighter though as the American Classics on the Zion above were actually bought for it:

I don't race so while I could get the bikes lighter there isn't any real need as both already ride nicely and feel fast.

tazzymtb

I think nearly everyone of the bikes listed on this thread is dubious!

it depends if they're actual weights, guestimates on scales or spreadsheet weights 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mine are actual weights. The scale is just a cheap one but appears to be reasonably accurate. I don't even clean the bikes before I weight them…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Well i built mine from scratch weighing every part and built up a spreadsheet. The frame is 2.75lbs (1247grams) and is lighter than njee's carbon frame. Middleburn duo is damn light and i've got tubless ztr 355 wheels.

I suppose it could be out due to weighing the full bike on some hanging scales

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, mine are actual weights too, compared against many other bikes, which is really all that matters! Closest I weighed at the weekend was a Giant XTC Advanced Zero with ZTR Race 7000 wheels, which came to 20.6 IIRC.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mine were also weighed with pedals attached!

tazzymtb

I don't even clean the bikes before I weight them…

YOU FOOL! that mud could add at least a few grams and sheep poo is incredibly dense.

I do actual weights warts and all as well.
    As long as it rides well I'm happy. I've had bikes to silly weights, but it all gets a bit twitchy with my fat arse on it so "light and right" is my new mantra. Having said that the chunky thomson seatpost filth is coming off as soon as budget allows and so are the forks, then I can put some 2.25 nics on and still keep it about 25lb's which will do me for normal use. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

The frame is 2.75lbs (1247grams) and is lighter than njee's carbon frame. Middleburn duo is damn light and i've got tubless ztr 355 wheels.

My frame was 1240g…

Compound error tends to make spreadsheet weights hideously inaccurate!

tazzymtb

I think I've won the fugliest bike on this thread easily. the epi is not a looker!

trickydisco
    Free Member

ah.. my error.. the one's i saw were 1290 – 1300g.

it's only a few grams out 😉

jimmy

so I'm the only one to have misread the title to the thread and thought it said 'Show me your light bulbs' thinking the forum had sunk to new lows of geekery…

ianpinder
    Free Member

19.5lbs very light for the strength

solarider
    Free Member

Which bit – the wheels?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Weighs in at just over 20lbs as shown above, just below with different brakes, bars, stem, seatpost, saddle etc 🙄

tazzymtb

I think I've won the fugliest bike on this thread easily. the epi is not a looker!

actually that nicolai makes mine look like kylie by comparison. 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

Which bit – the wheels?

I think he meant kilos not pounds.

Hadge
    Free Member

I guarantee you the weight of the Merlin is 100% accurate as I've a set of Ultimate Digital scales that are now used in our shop. I had someone doubt my Yeti 575 which came in at under 25lb including pedals so I took a picture for him. I'm sure quite a few are accurate on here too but I'd never use a spreadsheet – always use some accurate scales.

tazzymtb

Hadge- that merlin looks lovely, Very jealous

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Show me your…………… light builds’ is closed to new replies.