Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Show me your Large Cotic BFes
  • BillOddie

Thinking of switching to one from a Ragley Blue Pig, want to see if it looks less gate like. My 18in BP is a bit gatey.

Preferably with 140/150mm forks on.

nordofjura
    Free Member

[/url] Untitled von nordofjura auf Flickr[/img]
    with Fox 32 Talas, looks like they’re set on 120mm though

daveyc1
    Free Member

Another large BFe this time on fox 36 Float 160s. I absolutely adore it, highly recommended.

BillOddie

Davey, how does it climb with the BIG forks on it?

Thats the only thing thats putting me off to be honest, The SA will end up much slacker than my Blue Pig for the same length fork.

daveyc1
    Free Member

Whoops, try that picture again..

Climbing, hard work, especially as a 1×9, but it’s rewarding, it is doable though. Point it downhill, and its in it’s element, so so much fun!

majorspaniel

It’s changed a touch since this was taken, it’s a awesome bike, not the best climber with 1×9 and 150mm revs but it’s worth it as soon as you point it downhill!!!! I fancy a green on though 😈

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mine’s below. Forks are around 110mm – the sweet spot. 140mm is a bit to much, and as you can see from the pic above, 160mm is absolutely cack. BB is way high, as are the bars and the seat angle is super slack. If you want to run long forks, stick with what you’ve currently got as they are designed around a 140mm fork – the BFe isnt.

prezet
    Free Member

140mm is a bit to much for me, and as you can see from the pic above

FTFY

I think the BFe runs fine at 140mm, especially when pointing it downhill. I do agree it doesn’t need any more than that though. 110-120mm does seem a sweet spot for general all round duties.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@daveyc1 that’s a stunner ! My BFe is a medium so no photo posted 😉

I have 150/120’s on mine and very happy with that setup. I often forget to change the travel up/down hill and the bike is still great, it’s just that little bit better with the right travel selected.

I’ve ridden with guys on Blue Pigs and they are very capable (it was one of the frames I looked at)

The best news is that you’ll be able to get one of the new green ones which look gorgeous.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Large Cotic BFes’ is closed to new replies.