Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Show me your large (20″) Giant Trance X
  • tooslow
    Free Member

Just how gate-like are they?

snotrag

No photo unfortunaltly, but I’ve built a few Trance X’s. Even the mediums are a bit hefty looking, the XL is rather enormous and a bit ugly. I think its due to the long headtubem and the downtube which drops steeper than a conventional frame, giving it that ‘belly’ look.

However -dont be put off as there really rather good bikes.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Mine’s a 20″.

Says on the frame 5’10” – 6’1″.

I am 6’2″ and it feels right to me – wouldnt want it any bigger and I think it would feel like a gate to someone at the lower end of the suggested range.

trail_rat
    Free Member

large trance x really does look like a gate BUT its nice once your on it if your the right size …. 6 foot 1 plus for it im affraid(i felt a little stretched on it at 6 foot 2 and i ride a race hardtail all the time with a very long cockpit ! would probably fit a 15mm shorter stem had it been my bike ) otherwise youd be better off on a medium imho ….

edit – thats not a stock stem on yours is it BF ?

squiff
    Free Member

Mines a large, I love it

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

thats not a stock stem on yours is it BF ?

No, it’s a 90mm Hope one.

tooslow
    Free Member

I’m a lanky 6’2″ looking to trade up from an 18″ on-one 456.
    I just need to come to terms with the looks before I risk falling in love on a test ride.

tooslow
    Free Member

They’re not looking to bad so far BTW 🙂

shinsplints

Mate – they ride so nicely.I have a large trance (08) & am so pleased with it.Its my only bike so the addition of a u turn fork upfront means its suitable for all sorts – enduros,trail centres & it will get its first trip to Spain this year aswell.Ride one first,forget the looks – isnt that the most important thing ???

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

What’s to come to terms with? They look great IMO, quite distinctive 8)

shinsplints

I love the look of mine – after re reading my post it comes across as if I dont.They kick ass.Full stop.08 models onwards once they got the “belly” & swoopy top tube look much better than the earlier Trances.
    Dont you know that 100mm travel trail bikes are the new 130mm travel trail bikes ?????? 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I really like the look of the Giant full-sussers now.

Wasn’t mad on them even when I bought two, but they’ve really grown on me.

Trance X in black-on-black (think it was ’08) is the best looking of the lot, IMO.

shinsplints

I’ve now settled on 115mm upfront most of the time with the stem slammed right down onto the headset.I think it will probably take quite a lot of weight off it once I get round to trimming the steerer ! Did me proud at MM too – although must admit I am now hankering after an Anthem aswell ..

****note massive LACK of air out of the bombholes.Getting air is for kids with big jeans & chains attatched to their (empty) wallets….LOL****

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I got the X5 and soon put an 80mm stem on and a comfier saddle. I'll post some pics when I get some uploaded.

collie
    Free Member

Mine,

Get one ridden, you'll love it.

Shandy
    Free Member

Anybody running them with 140mm forks?

collie
    Free Member

Not me, but I've read lots of good things and I'm thinking of giving them a try. The new top of the line carbon Trance X comes with a 140mm fork and it got a very good review in the mag.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Anybody running them with 140mm forks?

Yep, I put Maxle 09 Revelation air U turns on mine but run them at 130, spot on.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I've got the X5 and want to upgrade the forks. It's got Recon 335's on at the mo. Any suggestions for a good upgrade? Does it feel ok with longer forks?

Andituk
    Free Member

More here

Want to upgrade to 140mm Talas, but the tart in me wants white forks 😮

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I got one of these Beauts coming! Really looking forward to it!

Whats kind of weight have people got there larges down to??

IA

I've an XL trance down to 26. The frames are fairly hefty. That's with about as light kit as you get without going silly. (i've carbon bars/post/cranks, X0, 717/pro2 wheels, tubeless, F100s etc etc)

Macinblack
    Free Member

I'm looking at an X3. I'm 6' but I've got a 29" inside leg, would an medium 18" be best?

collie
    Free Member

[/quote]I'm looking at an X3. I'm 6' but I've got a 29" inside leg, would an medium 18" be best?

I guess that means you've got a long body/reach and Giant's aren't that long in the top tube so I think you might be best on a Large (20''). But of course try both and see which feels right.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Trance X in black-on-black (think it was '08) is the best looking of the lot, IMO."

Brown on black (18")

Ace to ride, awful to clean!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

18" = medium doesn't it

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yeah

surrealguy
    Free Member

possibly not the right place to be writing this but if anyone is looking to sell a large giant trance x frame (new style) then i am in the market for one.

please pm/email if interested.

ta muchly

Andituk
    Free Member

I got all excited when I saw this thread, thought I’d be able to post a pic of my bike, turns out I already did 😆

Here’s a new pic anyway..

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Show me your large (20″) Giant Trance X’ is closed to new replies.