Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Show me your Jump/Play/Street/4x type bikes
  • Surfr
    Free Member

I’m thinking of selling my 94 cindercone singlespeed and putting most of the bits onto a small jump type frame to learn to get air, manual and all that jazz. Inspire me with your builds and bikes.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Mine which was dismantled while ago but soon to be rebuilt as a SS for summer jump fun 😀

julianwilson
    Free Member

My now dismantled and sold play bike. Silly light frame yet somehow ended up heavy as hell with howitzer bb and enormo tyres. Great fun to ride though, and you could just step off the back of it.

EDIT: bah! bleddy fotopic: click here if you want.

PJ266
    Free Member

Cant afford brakes at the mo 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Here’s a bit of inspiration for you, taken on Thursday night at Buck Woods nr Leeds. Not sure what bike James rides, but for sure it’s a standard all mountain bike.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Now dismantled and parts put onto a more suitable hardtail for general trail riding. Was bloody awesome round a 4x track though!

Frame is gathering dust in the shed if anyone wants to buy it! 😉

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Jump Bike (for sale)

4X bike

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Only just built it – one ride so far, and loads of fun

Bumhands
    Free Member
    pinches
    Free Member

Intense Tazer FS is mine, Nicolai UFO DS belongs to my mate jay

Vortexracing

bigdugsbaws

what frame is that?

looks like a Fisher GED

ianpinder
    Free Member

My old sanchez

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I have one of these

[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/nornirishdave/DSC00159-1.jpg[/img]

Rockdodger
    Free Member

swiftacular interested in the transition, drop me a mail at men5bh@leeds.ac.uk with some details and a price

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Stonemonkey, I find myself quite jealous of you if you are lucky enough to own that sunn (closet sunn fan here). I take it it’s a bmix of some variety? I never saw one in that colour though.

jwt
    Free Member

Rockdodger, i have a 24-7 Dark Angel for sale if swiftaculars’s transistion doesn’t work out?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

crouch_potato – Member

Stonemonkey, I find myself quite jealous of you if you are lucky enough to own that sunn (closet sunn fan here). I take it it’s a bmix of some variety? I never saw one in that colour though.

Thanks bought it off a guy from here, my 2nd sunn. Think its a 98 model i had a team one with R mech hanger and obyss fork in the team blue from bercy about 10 years ago and my aim is to recreate it with this. But the yellow is almost to nice to scrap.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Vortex, its a powdercoated Bitter which is the same as a Ged.

Vortexracing

Ta, thought it was.
    I had a GED for a couple of years, great bike

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Oh yeah, RD, ygm.

mamadirt
    Free Member

JonE, is that an orange BeFe? . . . looks great 8)

Loving the Transition and of course Pinches’ Tazer too.

Suppose it’d be rude not to post a pic of the ‘flying v’ one last time before it hits the ‘bay . . .

Actually that’s a rubbish pic . . . have another

Swiftacular
    Free Member

(sorry OP for slight threadjack)mamadirt, what did you think of the manitous? and which model are they? just looking for some hard hitting medium travel 20mm forks, and keep going back to Pikes

mamadirt
    Free Member

They are fantastic forks – very light and lockout/compression damping is great. They’re the Elite Absolute 120s (20mm). They’re on the Inbred at the mo but I’ll be selling them in 3-4 weeks time when I get my new bike sorted as they’re too short travel-wise for the new project.

Mole
    Free Member

Mamadirt, I’d be interested in your Manitous if Swiftacular isn’t.
    Just mail me with details closer to the time.
    Cheers

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Are they stuck at 120mm, or will they adjust to 140mm?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Just been stripped down with alot of part going on the wifes build, will be reborn in SS guise soon though…

Vortexracing

had one of these

then one of these

and now i’ve just got on of these

mamadirt
    Free Member

Swiftacular, they are fixed 120mm travel, not the IT adjustable version.

Mole, I’ve had a few enquiries from folks on here but I’ll hang on to youremail addy and get in touch once they’re up for sale.

walleater

Surfr
    Free Member

Cheers guys. keep them coming. I’m still clueless as to what to buy. All I know is I want something I can chuck about and that will take my D521 v-brake wheels and probably the cheapo InSync forks I’ve got in the shed.

nickhead
    Free Member

I like Arrow DSSs… but good luck getting hold of one

rusty
    Free Member

Mine

Surfr
    Free Member

This is what I built in the end. Cheapo heavy components which I had knocking about but should do for a play bike.

VanHalen

stonemonkey – gotta love the bmix. i had one for years and loved it. i absolutely thrashed tha pants off it too.

sold it as i couldnt afford to do it up but would buy another tomorrow.

only stopped riding mine as i managed to debond the steerer from the crown on the xverts i was running doing a stair gap…

E-B
    Free Member

#
    stonemonkey – Member

I have one of these

Posted 8 months ago # Report-Post

I have a Bmix too. Bought it from the bike shop i used to ride for just over 10 years ago. Its Yellow with yellow forks and pedals. Pic to follow soon.

grumm
    Free Member

Bert
    Free Member

My old custom jump/street/dirt bike.

james
    Free Member

Not very good, and neither am I at riding it, though I've not had it long or ridden it much on 4X/DJ style stuff. Mostly made up of bits too worn out for normal riding + heavily discounted frame which minus the RRPs of the all the extras that came included, the frame came to about £5 ..

With a 400mm seatpost (carbon 27.2 flexed rather a lot .. ) at full extension it rode reasonably well round sherwood pines
    I'd quite like some 140/150mm forks for it, though I've no idea where I'd ride a SS, jacked up front end, too small bike?

thepodge
    Free Member

E-B – I have a Bmix too.

Just in the process of finishing my BMIX. red wi yellow 5pc forks. very nice

elma
    Free Member

Any excuse to show off my BMIX, still love it.
    Full shimano dx bmx

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Jump/Play/Street/4x type bikes’ is closed to new replies.