Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Show me your Inbred re-sprays..
  • topangarider
    Free Member

So, what have people done colour wise? Has anyone gone real crazy and gone for more than 1 colour!?!?

Looking to get mine resprayed possibly – original paint is shite.

BigDummy
    Free Member

British Racing Green. 🙂

jimmy

were you at the original 24/12, BD? (Is that it?)

BigDummy
    Free Member

No, that’s Beastway, some years ago.

topangarider
    Free Member

Anyone else?

Oxboy
    Free Member

BigDummy did you forget to get dressed that morning? biking in your bed clothes whatever next!
    😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

That’s 3/4-lengths and a shirt, to race in. What do you wear? Wierdo. 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Had both of mine resprayed red . . . before red was an option 😕

Oxboy
    Free Member

Is it? Can you still buy kit like that? Me I mainly wear modern looking non bed wear 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Thinking of selling my inbred frame but its been chipped a lot by the chain and scratched by cables, mudguards etc.
    Worth re-painting before selling?

clubber
    Free Member

my 853 ss inbred in LVIS team colours:

MrTricky
    Free Member

dirtbiker – if its a 16″ geared I might well be interested, but I’d want to organise a respray myself as a present for my daughter (her choice of colour). Any more details?

topangarider
    Free Member

mamadirt – can I ask what you paid for a respray – you obviously thought it was worth it even though the frames are relatively cheap?

How did you sort the decals?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Around £80 for the first one, with postage, and about £130 for the second (including the chrome dropouts) iirc (both done at Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds). Email gil AT thecycleshed DOT co DOT uk – he did a top job on the decals.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Mr Tricky,
    Yeah its a 16″ geared (but its a 456 version). Frame would come with usable but cheap post, clamp and a headset (same design as a FSA The Pig but in erm. pastel pink…)

I’m trying to decide whether to buy a small Giant Trance frame and the price I get for the inbred frame is a deciding factor.

Would you want the frame in the condition its in at the moment and you get it resprayed or you choose the colour and I find somewhere to get it resprayed?
    I originally posted in here as I was going to look into a friend getting it done – proper garage/car re-sprayer, possibly in white – which could be advantageous to both of us cost wise – if its wanted in that colour…

click my name for my email (or its in my profile), feel free to ask any other questions if you’re interested at all.
    pics of all the lovely chain slap here: http://dirtbiker100.pinkbike.com/album/inbred-456/

MicArms

Many many many moons ago, it was this…

But many moons ago , it turned into this..

scruff
    Free Member

Mick, please tell em thats photoshopped.

snakebite
    Free Member

Nope, I seen it in the flesh…..just about anyway, was camouflaged….

roper
    Free Member

They’rrrrrre great!!

MicArms

Scruff, you jealous?

topangarider
    Free Member

I don’t know whats more suprising – that someone wants a bike to look like that, or that someone is willing to do the paintwork!!

Each to their own I suppose!!

trailmonkey

I had to go out riding with him when it was a zebra 😯

MicArms

Why follow the ‘herd’ though?

Sorry.

IGMC.

RealMan
    Free Member

Ive been fortunate/unfortunate enough to have spotted a bike that someone had literally filled a bathtub with bright purple paint, and then repeatedly dipped the bike in until suitable covered.

Then left it to dry, and repeated.

And when I say bike, I mean bike. Not frame. Whole bike. Tyres, chain, and all.

Saccades
    Free Member

Non-stick pan with extra sparkle…

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

Saccades – I like that colour a lot – it looks excellent – who did that respray for you ?

Clink

daughter’s new bike

build in progress for my dad (first mtb at 70!)

jimmy

Clink – your dad’s first mtb is lovely.

whats the colour (other than just ‘orange’) and where did you get it sprayed? I might be in the market soon

Saccades
    Free Member

Ti_Tim – Member
    Saccades – I like that colour a lot – it looks excellent – who did that respray for you ?

Tallaght Powder coating in Dublin, 100 yoyo for stripping, prepping, 2 pack and then powder coating. Has 1000’s of colours and is used to blanding as he does a lot of it for motorbikes.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Saccades – Member

is used to blanding as he does a lot of it for motorbikes.

i’d describe it more as stealth than bland!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

No longer in my possession, sadly, but it looked like this:

Behold, the RUSTin’bred…

(DIY job with red oxide primer, lacquered)

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

Saccades – thanks – I’ll check them out – it looks like an excellent job

Clink

jimmy

Sprayed at place in Nailsea near Bristol – £30 per frame&fork.
    If you are interesetd I can e-mail them and find the colour – klet me know (mail in profile)

theflatboy
    Free Member

clink, those two inbreds are very nice – great colours! out of interest, why did your daughter not get discs?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And now for something tasteful…..
    😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Done by Argos in Bristol. Did have some Superlight forks but I couldn’t get the disc’s and mudguards to play nicely together.

Clink

no discs had a set of non-disc wheels and trying to keep costs down
    frame is original ss version (added dmr chain tug/mech hanger) so v’s only at back; new front disc wheel may well be future upgrade!

mamadirt
    Free Member

They look fantastic Clink.

nickc

Ferrari red. Now, that’s not because I necessarily wanted a Ferrari red bike, my mate Chris the sprayer does mainly race cars (Silverstone is just up the road) sounds glam, in reality is just like normal spraying, but with extra stickers which are a PITA…Anyway, I wanted red, he was doing the bumper of a dinged up 328.

Just realised what a dull story that actually is, sorry.

topangarider
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – can I ask where that was done?

Those decals look the best I’ve seen – where did you get them?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Inbred re-sprays..’ is closed to new replies.