Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Show me your Hope Pro3 SP-XC6 on Crests
  • Stevo210
    Free Member

Looking at buying a set of these this week in the vein attempt at losing some weight.

Im 75KG and will be riding XC trails and the odd trail centres, interested in knowing your experiences and reliability stories, how are they to live with. Do you have to be super careful with them?
    Dont want to have to be chosing different riding lines and avoiding steps or drop-offs to keep em running true. Maybe Im just being over cautious.

Really wanted these with Gold hubs but Im pretty sure they are not available, if you know any different please let me know.

Cheers

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got two pairs of the 355s and had no issues, I’m 11st. Tbh though I’d go for the pro2s with crests- the rotating weight ain’t that different and they are stiffer and more versatile. I’ve got a pair as well and prefer them.

But to answer your question, they work fine!

will1991
    Free Member

I’d recommend Pro 2s instead of the 3s too. I’m 10.5 stone and mashed the Pro 3 wheels I previously had, not sure they have enough spokes, which kept snapping actually come to think of it.

Smarty
    Free Member

Mine are awesome with ZTR355 rims. I’m 75kg and completely useless on a bike so they get some stick from me just because I can’t pick a line 😳
    Don’t think they come in gold but you could always ask, hope do gold so I can’t see it being out of the question.
    Not as many options for pro 3s, can only go up to 15mm axle on front, no problem if you stick to QR
    Not sure about pro 2s being stiffer?

will1991
    Free Member

It isn’t the hub itself that’s stiffer, more to do with the extra spokes I think…32 instead of 24, my pro 2 build wheels certainly feel better than the pro 3 build I had.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thanks for those comments. Love your red hubs are those ZTR and whats the weight. The Pro3’s are only 1463g

I kind of feel if Im having to fork out for a wheelset to loose weight I really want to lose the most possible. But at what cost?, un-rideable anywhere?

Smarty
    Free Member

whats the weight. The Pro3’s are only 1463g

Those are Pro 3 with ZTR355

Stevo210
    Free Member

ooooow, I thought the pro3’s were only available in black.

Smarty
    Free Member

😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You can order the coloured hoops but only through Hope service centre dealers. Check Hopes site for details of dealers but I think Eighteen bikes in the peaks are one such dealer?

Stevo210
    Free Member

Yeah I was talking to 18 Bikes the other day but I thought the colour’d hubs were only available on the Pro2’s? Am I wrong, guess I must be as the above red hubs proves it.

Smarty
    Free Member

Don’t think they come in gold but you could always ask, hope do gold so I can’t see it being out of the question.

Stevo210 – that’s what I was trying to say in my earlier post, talk to your LBS. Most are extremely helpful you know.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thanks Smarty, I’ll see what I can wangle, 18 bikes were super helpful. But still undecided if pro3’s or pro2’s are the way to go.

Any more members experiences?

Mars2003
    Free Member

Hmmm, they look nice. Wish I’d known about the colour choice, I bought something else because of the any colour as long as it’s black option on the SP hubs. Would have liked to have bought British.

p.s. my local bike shop said Black only.

meadowedge
    Free Member

Don’t get your hopes up for colour options just yet.
    Think smarty may have contacts!!

rob2
    Free Member

You could also look at American classic tubeless. Nice and light but 32 spokes and wide rim. I’ve had a pair of those too and totally bomb proof. Pick up isn’t as fast as hope IMO but never had a problem (had American classic hubs for about 4 years).

About 370 from clee cycles I think

Red hubs too!

Stevo210
    Free Member

Thanks Rob, Ive had a gander at those but I keep gravitating back to the spangly Hopes.

Meadowedge – Insider contacts eh? tell me more…….do I have to cross palms with Silver 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Hope Pro3 SP-XC6 on Crests’ is closed to new replies.