Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Show me your Hardtails with bashguards….
  • billybob
    Free Member

I’m thinking of doing away with me big ring & replacing it with 26 36 ratios..

& a bash guard (this is due to me mangling my outer ring) anyone want to inspire me?!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Dirty:

Cleanish:

Clean:

keyses2

Here’s a couple of mine, running smaller chainrings than you would be though.

Hairychested
    Free Member

22, 32 & bash – Prophet, Marin HT, Scott FS and every other bike but a commuter.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

22 36 bash is my prefered set up

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

pointless, i can only think of one step where i ever grazed my big ring on the hardtail, full sussers nee them, hardtails dont.

if you actualy clouted a bash guard hard enough to make it worthwhile having you’d probably mangle most XC cranks spiders (thats what hapened to mine).

the_lecht_rocks

RF now replaced by Gamut.

rs
    Free Member

I don’t have a need for a big ring 😆 or a little one for that matter, bashgaurd just finishes it off and comes in handy occasionally.

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ spoon ….. pointless – not where i ride.
    xtr spider seems tough as my RF atlas too 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

not pointless, I’ve bounced mine off logs, rocks, ramblers, roots and step ups.

shit happens, comes in handy if you ask me.

Tracey

Our trio

Tracey

sharki
    Free Member

A rare ss with bash guard..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Heres mine

I only run a single ring up front with a chain device. I need to run a bash guard due to the design of the chain device, otherwise the chain would fall off. I dont bash mine very often, but theres a few dents in it where I have bashed it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Fully rigid rather than a hard tail, but this is the very lovely SLX double with bash ring (but SS’d on this bike)

MrNutt
    Free Member

ere cheesyfeet, thats a lovely bike!

snakebite
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

where do you ride?

the step in question was a “creative” line off stanage edge (the to big rock slabs at the top, i attempted to “change lines” and ended up hopig the bke straight onto the big ring.

The rest of the time hoping/weeliing/maualing keeps them off the ground.

alpin
    Free Member

bashed mine yesterday messing about on ledges, benches and steps round town. admittedly didn’t bash it on the steps…..

also means i can ride about in a pair of jeans without worrying about the trouser leg getting caught or dirtied by the outer ring.

yay! bash guard! i want some sort of device on the fixie/ss for the same reason of not cutting up my jeans. don’t want to resort to weaering my sister’s jeans……

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thanks MrNutt 😀

I do really like it, as evidenced by the amount of cleaning it gets!!

cheshmatt
    Free Member

e13 bash with DRS guide

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

ss with Hone bashguard:

GhostRider
    Free Member

Big ring served no purpose on this so it had to go.

brakes
    Free Member

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Hardtails with bashguards….’ is closed to new replies.