Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Show me your Giant Trance
  • didmatt
    Free Member

I'm after some inspiration, just picked up one a few days ago. Would be nice to see what people are running on theirs'.

Olly
    Free Member

dont mind if i do

orena45

…awaits Olly's barge… 😆

orena45

Ha ha!

Olly
    Free Member

beat you to it, get back to work Mr Roberts. networks down here, so got a free pass to keep STW flowing

ianpv
    Free Member

My old one:

Just got an SH frame the same colour/year but the size up. The 16" was great fun but a little short for long rides, new one is 18".

Personally, I think the old ones look nicer than the new pot-bellied swoopy ones.

brakeswithface

Same here, I've got an 06 and prefer it to the curvy ones. 100mm Trance + 130mm forks = singletrack eating monster :o)

didmatt
    Free Member

both very nice, been reading quiet abit about how 130mm work quiet well on a Trance. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Hey Didmatt, I started with the same bike as you and have upgraded almost every part…

Main changes were…

Reba Team Maxle Lite 120mm
    Roval Traversee wheels
    70mm stem (although not in that pic)

I did start with a 100-130mm fork, then tried a 110-140mm Rev w/maxle – but it was too long for my liking – so settled on 120mm as the perfect compromise.

Also now moved the stem down to where the conical spacer sits, and handling has really improved.

LordOnOne
    Free Member

Other than the usual grips, saddle and pedals the Trance X2 received XT shifters, crankset and front mech. The Trance 1 received XT/XTR gears and Michelin tyres, then an Alfine and Hutchinson Toro mud tyres for the winter and finally back to ordinary gears with new Hope/Mavic 321 wheels and Kona Wah Wah pedals.

Sold them both and have two 29ers now…

emac65
    Free Member

been reading quiet abit about how 130mm work quiet well on a Trance

Make that 130m work VERY well on a Trance…

No pictures to hand, but my 07 Trance has been run with 130mm coil Revs since day one & it rides lurvelly.Did try it with the forks wound down at various heights but it's happiest & the most fun at the 130 setting & that includes uphill….. 🙂

IA

Olly, is yours an XL too?

I would post mine, but I'm pretty sure the headtube's visible from space, so no need.

Nice bikes though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Also should have said that the best upgrade I've made has probably been getting the Float R shock PUSH tuned at its service.

While it was pretty good before, it now rides much better. More grip, more control, less wallowing, much easier to pop the front wheel.

Great match with the Blackbox-damped Reba.

Yup, them Trance's sure are damn fugly! 😛

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Pretty much stock standard XO with some shiny additions….

Trance HDR

Image won`t upload..!

Great bike, rides beautifully

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My X. Stock except for saddle (spoon), stem (70) and grips (outland enduro)

Trance's sure are damn fugly

Eye of the beholder mate

caledonia
    Free Member

My 05/06 Trance 4. My pride and joy.
    I agree 100%, 130mm has transformed the ride.
    Recon 351 with lock out on this one.

cxi
    Free Member

My Trance 2:

NukeProof wheelset and 20mm 09 Revs. Didn't think it climbed as well with the Revs at 110 (compared to 100m Rebas) but as somebody pointed out to me, the saddle is waaaaaaaaaay back.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I actually prefer mine with 100mm up front. I found the handling too slow with 130mm. On my second now, and really like it.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Had mine just over a year, and absolutely love it. The frame is so good, it's worth upgrading. I added longer forks (Recons, cheap, but internals are still v. good quality), ZTR Flows on Hope Pro IIs, tubeless Nobby Nics, Avid Alixir CRs, Race Face finishing kit.

chakaping
    Free Member

shorts_in_winter – Very nice looking bike. Silver's by far the best colour. Although the matt black X is nice too.

emac65
    Free Member

I actually prefer mine with 100mm up front. I found the handling too slow with 130mm. On my second now, and really like it.

Using a shorter stem speeds it up again,mine's about 80mm.If you've bought it as a complete bike Giant have a habit of using longish stems..

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Cheers chakaping, decided to colour code while i was off biking for 3 months with a broken ankle 🙂

Do agree the silver looks great, and the anodised finish lasts really well.

Andituk
    Free Member

My 2009 X2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andithompson/4017442742/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andithompson/3868456484/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andithompson/3865429298/

Totally stock apart from grips and pedals for now. Fancy some white bars and a shorter stem, followed by a dropper seat post and a bash guard.

Long term wouldn't mind swapping to a Talas fork like the x0 for the extra travel.

Didn't think it climbed as well with the Revs at 110 (compared to 100m Rebas) but as somebody pointed out to me, the saddle is waaaaaaaaaay back.

It took someone to point that out to you; seriously?

Olly
    Free Member

yo ho.
    some loverly looking bikes here 😀

yep its an XL, rides AWESOMELY, though im one of those people who is happiest descending with the saddle up (though doesnt restrict me at all, bwarp)

its a 21" XL indeed. NB the 7.5" icebreaker head tube on it 😀

bought frame only 2 years ago, was toying with a Trance X and some pikes, but went for the trance and revs to keep the weight down, and am SO glad i did. any more travel would only slow me down i reckon 😉

andituk wins for pretties paint job i think
    x

LittleTones
    Free Member

My 05/06 Trance 4, Doesn't look particularly wonderful, could be a 1lb lighter but rides really nicely with a 16st lump like me.

Certainly rides better slightly longer than 100mm, I've got 100-130 mm revelations and they tend to be left at 115mm, I've considered something new but have yet to be convinced.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Here's a pic of my first trance (130mm x 75mm stem up front)

And a poor picture of my second – 100mm x 90mm stem (with old post & saddle):

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Giant Trance’ is closed to new replies.