Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • show me your… full suspension 29er
  • StuMcGroo
    Free Member

futon river crossing – not a pretty bunch!

i think i agree, heath robinson is alive and well and working in the 29er mtb industry 😯

rOcKeTdOg – yea but them Giants are awful

wierdo 😆

that's it then, if they're bringing out an anthem 29er i'll just wait a bit longer for a trance x 29er. sorted 🙂

justa
    Free Member

haven't got a full suss 29er but if i did it would be this one

slowjo
    Free Member

I hate you lot. I thought I had finally banished this sort of thing from my consciousness ad now you drag it all up again. I'm off for counselling before I find my wallet!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigsi
    Free Member

Spoke to the Scott guys at my lbs's demo day having tried a Spark, said it was a shame they don't do it in a 29er and was told to "watch this space" 😉 😯

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

unapologetically bumped back to the front in case any sunday surfers want to add something.

just looked through some back issues of wmb, they tested a salsa big mama a few months back, in the write up they claim that 100mm of travel on a 29er feels like 120mm on a 26er, anyone agree or disagree with that?

bigsi
    Free Member

yep Stu, I'm runnibg 100mm forks and it feels like more. Not sure what the technical reasoning is for it but its well documented.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Just fitted a set of Reba SL's to my 29er and I have to agree that they give the impression of a longer travel fork.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

hmmm, interesting, before starting this thread i phoned up to order a giant trance but the response was out of stock with no indication of re-stocking. a bit perturbed i went off and did something else instead. my mate then (re) sowed the 29er seed but looking at what 5" travel bikes were available (niner w.f.o) and the prices i wasn't that interested. however if 4" 29ers are like 5" 26ers then that's a whole different kettle of ball games 😕

rOcKeTdOg

yea my rigid forks feels like 80mm travel

mboy
    Free Member

Just fitted a set of Reba SL's to my 29er and I have to agree that they give the impression of a longer travel fork.

Likewise, the 100mm Reba's on my 29er feel like more travel when you compare the feeling to that of a 26" wheeled bike. That the wheels roll over obstacles more easily probably makes it feel like there's another inch or more travel than there actually is from the suspension travel.

Of course fat tyres at low pressure help this even more though…

Try a 29er hardtail first though perhaps mate, MUCH cheaper than blowing a load of wedge on an expensive full susser!

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – yea my rigid forks feels like 80mm travel

yer barred 😕

chainslapp
    Free Member

Totally agree with mboy re large volume tyres. I run my Kanda's at very low psi on my rigid which gives a great deal of flex from the tyre on the rear. Coupled to 100mm travel forks it rides really well.

Especially on canal tow paths. 😆

mboy
    Free Member

Especially on canal tow paths.

Which is as extreme a place as a 29er should ever be ridden of course!

😉

aviemoron
    Free Member

My Tboy, large, very light, very luvly, very confidence inspiring – 2 months old now and I still wash and polish it after every ride!

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

thanks aviemoron, i was hoping someone else would bump it back to the front.

thanks to everyone who's replied so far but come on, where are the niners and salsas?

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Niner WFO might be next to compliment my SIR9 😆

rOcKeTdOg

that tallboy is lush….*goes to check price*

£2349!!!

*restarts lust for Pegasus*

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ton should be selling his soon….

ton

bigyinn – Member
    Ton should be selling his soon….

afraid not….

rOcKeTdOg

Any more?

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

wakey, wakey! following my failure in concluding plan A, plan A2 has been put into action. so come on then, who’s got a jet 9?

Mark_K

Bought my Superfly 100 about 5months ago after trying out a superfly h/t think I’d have trouble going back to 26er now! So fast and so comfortable and as others say 100mm of travel feels like much more (i have a EX9.0 that dont look like its going to get used much now !)I know its primarily a race rig and I’m a bit to old and slow to race but it makes a fantastic long haul bike for all day epics cos once its up to speed ….. 🙂

sanename
    Free Member

Damn, trying to post from Facebook, can’t seem to do it. First time poster in posting fail incident…

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Finally, I can post on my own thread! After getting battered to death riding my rigid inbred at Penmachno a couple of months back, my enthusiasm to get a full sus 29er was re-kindled and here it is. Had it a week and ridden it a few times with a whacking great smile on my face. love it. 😀

LordOnOne
    Free Member

I tried to get a Rip9 last year. Would have been very interested in that one had I not just received the Stumpjumper.

mboy
    Free Member

Bloody hell mate, no messing about, straight in with a Niner eh!

rOcKeTdOg

blimey, the anthem looks pretty next to that
    😉

ton

lovely looking bike that mate.
    enjoy it

rOcKeTdOg

i’m more shocked the alfine evangalist has put a gear dangler on it

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Cheers ton, that rOcKeTdOg, he don’t know shit 👿

Actually it ain’t the prettiest of bikes but it’s nice to ride and puts a huge smile on my face. Being an XL it’s also massive, fits me just fine and dwarfs the on-one in the garage (I’ll post a photo when I want to bump this thread back up 😉 )

As for going “straight in with a Niner eh!” yep, I like their philosophy, fortunately I like their bikes too, when the dust has settled (if you know what I mean 😉 ) I might see about swapping that Inbred frame for a SIR9 or ONE9 but for now I’m just gonna have a blast 😀

brant
    Free Member

We’re doing a 140 front, 100mm rear one. But we’re stupid.

Clink

We’re doing a 140 front, 100mm rear one. But we’re stupid.

When’s that then?

brant
    Free Member

When’s that then?

Eurobike

matt_outandabout

Liking the sultan’s and tallboy’s. I miss my EMD. 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

So then Stu, ya lanky sod, when we going riding again next? You free next week at all? I’m not busy all next week, back to work following Monday though… Fancy a ride somewhere?

charliedontsurf

20″ Salsa Dos Niner… only just a full hard on susser… think of it as a “semi” with its soft end.

No longer available, but rumour has it that it is returning maybe in Ti???

charliedontsurf

Coming soon.

Salsa spearfish. Frame is under a grand.

http://www.salsacycles.com/bikes/spearfish/

Give me a nudge is you want one.

dreednya

Ibis are going to be doing one soon too http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/29er/

TooTall
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Liking the sultan’s and tallboy’s. I miss my EMD.

I’m not the sort of bloke to say ‘I told you so’………..

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

mboy – So then Stu, ya lanky sod, when we going riding again next? You free next week at all? I’m not busy all next week, back to work following Monday though… Fancy a ride somewhere?

no can do mate, too much work on

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘show me your… full suspension 29er’ is closed to new replies.