Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Show me your fillet brazed steel
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

2006 Explosif

Loving that Shand, born about 20 miles from where I'm sitting. Love it.

woodsman
    Free Member

leggy – I'm based in West Sussex now, but still work in Surrey. I've not heard of Cliff Shrub before, I know Sutton though, bought my first racer from Pearsons in the 70's, well a teenage birthday present from the parents, more like!

Does Cliff have a website – I'll google him when I get a moment, just about to go riding.

Like the unusual look of showing the brazed joint on your track bike – just trying to work out how they've managed to paint around it?

Thanks

Pete

woodsman
    Free Member

lee – were they fillet brazing in 2006?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Woodsman – TIGed?

The top tube is anyway – Argos had to replace it!

woodsman
    Free Member

'TIGed' I thought as much. Just out of interest, how much does it cost to replace a top tube!?

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Oh well, partly appropriate ;o)

It would have been £240 for tube replacement and re-enamel.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine's the green one, moonter's is the grey one.

woodsman
    Free Member

I feel the need to put a jumper on looking at that pic – brrr! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

It was, I think, the coldest and wettest ride I have ever done. The ride home (all downhill) was horrible.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Cliff link here, don't worry about the price, that was a big cock-up! Cliff worked in Pearsons for a while but now works on his own, I can PM you his no if you like.

My bike was clear laquered to show off the craftsmanship and it gets a LOT of attention.

If you're wondering how strong his bikes are, his frame still holds the British Land Speed Record!

69er
    Free Member

Roberts road bike:

woodsman
    Free Member

The Roberts looks real nice attention to detail – may have to take a trip to sunny Croydon t view some D'bolx!?

Thanfs for the Shrubb info

alexathome
    Free Member

Cheers guy's – just out of interest, how long did it take once you had agreed the design spec, to receive the finished item? (ss92 and alex)

I think it was a good few months, maybe about 5 i think, and there was only 6 in the que then if i remember rightly. I know i had to use my flux for the SSUK07 racey thing thou. It was worth the wait thou. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Show me your fillet brazed steel’ is closed to new replies.