• This topic has 188 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 189 total)
  • show me your fast cars!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

how comes my pic wont show?

Cause of Google reasons. I just rehost to imgur.

olly2097’s Saxo:

Might as well do Al’s while I’m here:

olly2097
    Free Member

ahh thanks. tried imgur and couldn’t do that either!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

angeldust
    Free Member

Is a 120d a fast car now?

kelron
    Free Member

Possibly faster than the van and the mini, so I guess it qualifies.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is a 120d a fast car now?

It’s STW. VWs, Audis and BMWs count as “fast” cars.

What’s more surprising is people bother to take photos of them.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Bog standard Carrera 2, a fun car – cheaper to buy and fix than most people think.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Previously had this….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/edhweq]F10 M5[/url] by CJK007, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/T1AZiX]Eek![/url] by CJK007, on Flickr

which could this (it had very long legs and would light up the rear wheels as you went into fourth at 107mph on a damp runway..)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkgHM0mo7PI[/video]

Now have this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SLNcW1]2015 Audi S8[/url] by CJK007, on Flickr

which isn’t quite as pokey or fun (and I still miss the M5..)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbIti1P9c8[/video]

but carries bikes very well and the kids prefer it!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RJ4vzL]S8 family wagon[/url] by CJK007, on Flickr

Jamie
    Free Member

suburbanreuben’s pic:

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Bought this 15 years ago when I was in my early 20’s and I’ve never got round to selling it.

Had around 320-330bhp in this video and it’s got another 100 on top of that now so quick enough for me!

[video]https://youtu.be/Di1HuAQwTj4[/video]

Painey
    Free Member

This was before I had to buy a family car. If I’d have kept it, I probably wouldn’t have been around to start a family. As shown by the speedo in the picture below, it was still accelerating at that point.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chuffing ek, the Alfa Winz… (looks like a Junior anyway)

Beautiful.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Love the 130i and Griff! Had a Chimaera 15 years ago and loved it when it worked! Had a 130i about 10 years ago and have fond memories of taking it to the ‘ring.

woffle
    Free Member

Mk1 MX-5’s aren’t exactly ‘fast’ as stock but they’re fun to drive. Mine wasn’t exactly as it came from the factory – I know looks were a bit marmite:

As well as body, interior, suspension, brakes etc, it’d had some work done under the hood. Kept it normally aspirated but twin Mikuni carbs, lightened fly, JDM skimmed racing head etc, 4-1 manifold, ECU upgrade. Made for a lively drive…

Some of the Japanese tuning houses are doing crazy things with 5’s. Maruha Motors had a 2.1 litre NA (wonders off to find details on google)

Painey
    Free Member

Yeah mine was awesome but did have the occasional expensive trip to the garage, but they’re always going to do that. I fitted straight through pipes after a while. A mixed reaction off the neighbours for that one. Plus it always set off car alarms in car parks. But what a noise…

I sold it for a Mk2 Clio V6 255 in the end.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I had an E30 M3 followed by an E36 M3 but previous to those I had my all time favourite car which was my Williams Clio. I co drove a race prepared 911 for a while which was fun but was very expensive even when shared.

Picking up an Octavia VRS Diesel estate on Thursday next week which is fast enough and fits a family/camping/biking ‘lifestyle’.

takisawa2

Pah.
    They might be fast but I bet the front seats can’t turn round. 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RJ5Cty]El Galaxia[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Jamie
    Free Member

They might be fast but I bet the front seats can’t turn round.

You want the ‘show me me your ‘cars with rotating seats (kill me now)’ thread 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

My old m135i, and even older fn2 typeR.

Downgraded for a sensible ish 325i which is well-balanced and makes a nice noise but isn’t thrilling in the same way. I loved that m135i. I can’t think of a better car that is usable everyday including for chucking bikes inside and still completely silly and brilliant 🙄

Tiger6791

What about a photo of Magnetodog instead?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

suburbanreuben’s pic:

Thanks Jamie! Picasa were playing silly buggers. I’m now a little worried you may have access to my private collection….

Chuffing ek, the Alfa Winz… (looks like a Junior anyway)

Beautiful.
    Thanks! It is a 1600 GT Junior. Needs another 50 hp to make it properly quick, which it will be getting next winter, keeping the original engine. Still enormous fun on Sussex’s deserted roads. The A272 is a peach!

SaxonRider

Well, it’s faster than my minibus.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m now a little worried you may have access to my private collection….

Nah, I just took it from one of the broken links you posted. Worked as a url, but not as a direct pic link.

euans2
    Free Member

My 320bhp bike transporter

Davesport

210 BHP of driver involvement 😀 Kids were pissed when I eventually sold it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/dFe5y3]Picture 117[/url] by Davesport62, on Flickr

papamountain
    Free Member

Tesla model S P100D (electric) (not mine unfortunately)

“Model S Performance comes standard with All-Wheel Drive Dual Motor, pairing the high performance rear motor with a high efficiency front motor to achieve supercar acceleration, from zero to 60 miles per hour in 2.5 seconds.[/u]“

2.5 seconds 0-60! I cant wait for the leccy car revolution.

Ben_H

Just some of my old ones…

Supercharged Golf R32, running between 350-440hp depending on weather:

Clio Williams no.123:

Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo (300hp+):

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a spare couple of grand to supercharge mine. I think about 190-200hp is enough for an MX5.

I do love that mine feels like you’re driving the wheels off it, then you look down at the speedo and you’re doing 61mph, ooo-er!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Too many diesels in here .

Not mine but got to take a 998cc 4 on the floor mini for a spin yesterday. Not fast in the slightest but sooo much fun to keep it singing.

Then we went out in a vx220 now that is a car that handles like it’s on rails. Doesn’t have any of that lovely “fast in a straight line” diesel heavy front end understeer.

I then got back in my land rover and trundled off home happy enough.

nre
    Free Member

Built this 12 years ago, still going strong 55k miles later:

(Pic taken a couple of years back)

servo
    Free Member

My new bike carrying wagon
    Petrol ST3 250ps 🙂

Kryton57

Too many diesels in here .

I dont see why this is an issue, if its good enough to race at Le Mans… A “fast car” is a fast car no matter how its powered.

This has made me look at 135i/140i a lot…

edd

No photo but I drive a 130i, I’ve done over 50,000 miles in it so far and I love it.

eyestwice
    Free Member

My JDM RX-8. Doesn’t get driven much around here but can’t bring myself to ever get rid.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Kryton57
    I dont see why this is an issue, if its good enough to race at Le Mans… A “fast car” is a fast car no matter how its powered.

This thread needs rules – agreed no problem with diesel but something like 0-60 in under 6 seconds as a minimum qualifier or something as “fast” is clearly pretty subjective!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Race car is race car though. Don’t see any diesel race cars here.

Some people’s fast cars look funny too it’s like their missing 2 wheels as well.

Loving the caterhams and derivatives – most fun I’ve had in a car being slung round a track by a mate in one.

tpbiker
    Free Member

maybe i should have changed the title to ‘fun cars’ instead..

righog
    Free Member

Some interesting stuff on here

Cars bought for fun

stevied
    Free Member

1st proper ‘fast’ car. 1983 Golf GTI Mk1, resprayed in Dragon Green:

1st really fast car. 1992 Corrado VR6 tweaked with a Ram Air induction kit boosting it to 210bhp:

AARRGGHHH, can’t get Flickr thing to work 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Here you go, stevie.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 189 total)

The topic ‘show me your fast cars!’ is closed to new replies.