Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Show me your extensions.
  • wors

House extensions that is. Need some inspiration.

Harry_the_Spider

What are you after? Single storey? Full height? Kitchen?

We did a single storey with 3.5m folding doors, 10' roof and sky lights a couple of years back.

slugwash
    Free Member

We did a single storey with 3.5m folding doors, 10' roof and sky lights a couple of years back.

A bit like this? We're just waiting for a few light fittings and the oak kitchem worktops to arrive now….

Wooden constuction, slate tiled, underfloor heating & engineered oak floor boards. Around thirty grand before VAT. including two veluxes in loft, french doors at the front of house and a few other plumbing & electrical tasks around the house. The wooden bi-fold doors were pretty costly and we could have saved money by having a couple of radiators instead of the underfloor heating (wish we'd just got radiators now).

wors

That sounds exactly what i'm after.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

slugwash – how many square metres is that?

Harry_the_Spider

We went for the engineered oak floor with a water UFH system. Velux roof windows were what really set it off. Very light despite it being north facing.

Not got access to any internal photos but this is how it looked from the outside.

We've moved now… after all the agro of getting it built. 🙄

leggyblonde
    Free Member

walls are overrated! 😉

even though this is a small project, the architect in photos 2 and 3 has some very nice ideas.

wors

Cheers Harrythespider, thats pretty much what it will look like but a bit wider. Mind me asking how much it cost?

Harry_the_Spider

60k + VAT about 6 years ago… but we had a load of other stuff done too, plumbing, heating, patio, external steps and walls, downstairs loo and an underground bike bunker below the lawn!

Make sure that you don't buy your door of ####s. We did. 😥

slugwash
    Free Member

slugwash – how many square metres is that?

Err, I'm not very good at maths, but the internal dimensions are 10 meters x 3.5 meters 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'll post a link to ours tomorrow morning when at work – similar to above but not so big

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Here you go…

Around £25k last year – solid oak windows/doors, creating a downstairs loo, resiting electricity meter, skirting heating (most benefits of underfloor but works with wood floors and not as obstructive as rads).

samuri
    Free Member

Nice view M_F.

We had this done a little while ago.

conservatory by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

13 grand. Technically it's a conservatory but with the high wall on the back and the quarter wall on the other side it's more like a proper extension to the house.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nice view M_F.

Cheers – we can see Stainburn and the Yorkshire Dales from our door. Pity we only own the tiny yard, not the big field beyond.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Show me your extensions.’ is closed to new replies.