Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Show me your enduro bikes…..
  • finners

😀

legend
    Free Member

this is not likely to go well…

P.S. It’s not ENDURO if it’s not 650b

rOcKeTdOg

finners

😀 legend. To be honest, it was prompted by the enduro thread. But other, main reasons are that I’m stuck on a long, boring train journey and I’m hoping to do the Mega next year. Enduro seemed the easiest way to describe it. Looking for ideas / inspiration….

khani
    Free Member

RichieBoy
    Free Member

I’ve been riding Enduro for 30 years since MTBS were made up by marketing companies to con us out of our hard-earned. 😀

finners

Haha. I am genuinely interested in pics / info of your bikes. Don’t mind the craic either though 🙂

joat

‘Bike that can be ridden up, along, and down, what like you’ve always done’ is a bit long winded IMO for the marketing department no?

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 matt_outandabout my bandit does every thing well, ignore the marketing hype.

RichieBoy
    Free Member

‘Bike that can be ridden up, along, and down, what like you’ve always done’ is a bit long winded IMO for the marketing department no?

Exactly my point 😀

(see other thread)

pussywillow
    Free Member

RichieBoy – Member
    Exactly my point

POSTED 55 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh ****… Is this an enduro bike your talking about! 😆

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Well, my enduro bike is a surly crosscheck. It may be a 650b full susser for other folks, but i won’t be getting upset about it. 😀

kimbers

pussywillow
    Free Member

RichieBoy – Member
    Well, my enduro bike is a surly crosscheck. It may be a 650b full susser for other folks, but i won’t be getting upset about it.

POSTED 27 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

You have been swayed boy! 😆

RichieBoy
    Free Member

You have been swayed boy!

?? You’ve lost me. My point to you is why get upset over what others choose to buy? Enduro happens to be a handy tag for a certain type of riding/bike. You don’t have to buy one, as i have chosen not to. Your the one who started a thread to moan about it on here. Seems bizarre you care so much about other folks buying choices.

All i’ve tried to point out to you is the bike industry needs to re invent certain things now and again to get more people into the sport or refine bikes for certain types of riding. likewise if we all just kept the bikes we’ve been riding for years maybe the knock on effect would be no advertising revenue, no magazines, no forums.

Theres no need to look down your nose at the people that have been ‘sucked in’ to the 650b/enduro hype, so what? When you bought your first MTB the cross guys/roadies probably thought the same about you!

pussywillow
    Free Member

RichieBoy – Member
    You have been swayed boy!
    ?? You’ve lost me. My point to you is why get upset over what others choose to buy? Enduro happens to be a handy tag for a certain type of riding/bike. You don’t have to buy one, as i have chosen not to. Your the one who started a thread to moan about it on here. Seems bizarre you care so much about other folks buying choices.

All i’ve tried to point out to you is the bike industry needs to re invent certain things now and again to get more people into the sport or refine bikes for certain types of riding. likewise if we all just kept the bikes we’ve been riding for years maybe the knock on effect would be no advertising revenue, no magazines, no forums.

Theres no need to look down your nose at the people that have been ‘sucked in’ to the 650b/enduro hype, so what? When you bought your first MTB the cross guys/roadies probably thought the same about you!

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Jeeeeez…chill out boy! 😯 …….. 😆

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Perfectly ‘chilled’ over here, Boy. 😆

Northwind

Image1 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

acehtn
    Free Member

Finners
    Bikes for the Mega range from hardtails with DH tyres, right through all wheel sizes and travel up to WC spec DH bikes with 8″-10″ travel.

Don’t think it’s been rigid raided yet if you fancy being niche 🙂

EDIT
    Northwind, have you cart wheeled that bike, saddle angle looks a tad off 🙂

pussywillow
    Free Member

Wow…the geometry on that bike Northwind all looks…well, just wrong! 😕

Simon

My aging Prophet at this year’s Tweedlove Enduro

robarnold
    Free Member

It was only a matter of time until some clever dick came along…

kimbers

cruzcampo
    Free Member

More enduro with two people.

eyerideit
    Free Member

More enduro with two people.

Think you’ll find that’s enduo-ro

shifter
    Free Member

But that’s a motocrosser Rob.

Northwind

pussywillow – Member

Wow…the geometry on that bike Northwind all looks…well, just wrong!

It is at an angle. COuldn’t find a flat bit to park it on 🙂

acehtn
    Free Member

Is that a recent piccy Northwind? thought the uplift shut a few weeks back.
    Didn’t get to race up there this year 🙁

Northwind

Back in July I think. We missed you 🙁

acehtn
    Free Member

Busy with nurses 🙁

Only had one dodgey encounter with the highlands this year. Hopefully rigid raid Glencoe again on disc brakes this time if MacAvalanche happens next year 🙂 or take it serious and bring something with springs.

finners

Jeez. I don’t know why I expected any less…. Never mind, off the train now.

Northwind

No Macca next year 🙁 Probably something else even stupider instead. Still waiting to hear if the Endurance is going ahead

kayak23

Mega on the Mega

walleater

1200m climb up Grouse Mountain, North Vancouver, fast fireroad descent then dropping into some new school North Shore DH on Fromme and finishing with a section of techgnar XC. It doesn’t get much more ‘enduro’ than that 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The last bike I raced Enduro on, mods later on saw new Tech M4’s and a Marz 55 replacing the dying Marz AM SL Air.
    EX721’s with Maxxis Minnion 2.5″ was the main adaption along with a Hope Ti6 up front due to dislocating the tip of my braking finger and needing a lot of help with the front brake… Droped it into Race 2 despite the injury and finished top half which I was pleased about considering.

For UK Enduro dropped back to 2.35 SP Minions.
    Bike weight was gravity suited.

Current (if untested) version

Rides better up and down than the Heckler, would be happy to throw it at the Mega and any UK/euro enduro races. Main changes from the heckler would be everything! Carbon frame, Lighter wheels, Wider (lighter) bars, 2×10 now sporting an e-13 2x device, Lev replaces the I900 and the whole thing comes in around 28-29lb depending on what I do with it.

My ‘Enduro’

Black Rocks Trig by davetheblade, on Flickr

bikeind
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Brunson
    New orange 5
    Loads out there now perfect for Enduro riding racing

finners

A mixed bag of responses there, cheers. Guess i was looking for pics of you 140mm – 160mm travel bikes. Heres my offering. Recently finished. Still want / need / have to changes tyres to high rollers, stick on my saint brakes, convert rear hub to bolt-thru and eventually new pedals n chainguide….

Northwind

IMAG0049 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Few changes since this shot. Still just as muddy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Show me your enduro bikes…..’ is closed to new replies.