Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Show me your dropper post/reverb hose routing on ASR5 please..
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

I must be routing it wrong…im routing it through seat tube then downtube.. And doesn’t look very nice

tonyd

No pics available but seat tube (well, round the collar) and then toptube for me. Is there not a little cable routing thingummy in the triangle above the shock?

charliemort

Don’t really understand what you say you have done, but it Should go under top tube on left hand side – there’s 3 guides there

bigjim

seatpost>right hand side of frame to first dropper hose guide>through gap in shock mount under top tube>next hose guide(pointing to left this time)> remote on left of bars. I found routing it to the left kept the loop of cable when dropped nicely in the middle of the bike and not in the way of heels, balls, etc.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I don’t see 3 guides on top tube or something that suggest i could route it there….does it go through the dog bone? ..or just keep it to the side ? Don’t fancy having cable ties around the top tube tbh.

bigjim

weird, how old is the frame? Mine is the alu one as below, you can see the cable mounts under the top tube. Never seen an ASR5 without the little triangle tube arrangement around the seat clamp area. I wonder if you have an old one with a different design and no dropper mounts.

bigjim

a bit of googling suggests you might have a 2009 or so frame, which I imagine is pre-dropper post routing days.

mildred

Mines a 2010 carbon & doesn’t have any guides. I’ve just put some stick on ones on the top tube and they look a right abortion.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Its the 2010 carbon off CRC i had couple of weeks ago… fs.. Your frame looks nicer bigjim.. I didnt realize the frame has been re-design..or i didnt look throughly

alfabus
    Free Member

The carbon frame has never had dropper guides – I bought an ally one for the missus, nearly got a carbon one, but the negligible weight difference and the lack of dropper guides, couple with the much greater cost sealed the choice.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Just noticed that now too 👿

Here is the 2010 ally with guide

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/yeti-as-r-5-suspension-frame-2010/rp-prod115697

This begs the question….am i routing it right?

bigjim

ach CRC’s pictures are often a bit random, they might just have found the current ASR5 pic off silverfish and used that. It does look like it might be a bit tight for you to drop the shock out the top tube and run the cable through there though.

turbo1397
    Free Member

hope this link works.. its a 2012 frame though so i think it might be slightly different. as jim says above, but heres a pic..

20130302_164206 by thebigman1191, on Flickr

Excuse the overgrown tree and badly kept shrubbery!

variflex
    Free Member

Even the 2011 and maybe 2012 carbon ASR5’s didnt havent dropper guides, whereas, as above the ali ones did.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Show me your dropper post/reverb hose routing on ASR5 please..’ is closed to new replies.