Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Show me your: Dirt, Park, 4X Bike
  • letmetalktomark

Humor me here please 😆

After recently posting about BMXs I’ve decided that I’m to tall and to old for one …. but not a Dirt, Park, 4X Bike! 🙄

Invariably, if built, I will soon realize that I lack the skill, time and space to make even modest use of it ….. but thats for me to worry about 😳

I built/restored this a few years ago and promptly sold it due to …. ah …. um ….lack of use …..

And sadly never actually built this up 🙁

My frame in the pic but not my beetle or build bits:

So far I have in the parts bin a pair of 823 rims, front is laced into a CK hub (I need a rear but not a CK one), Reba Teams (20mm) lowered to 90mm, basic drive chain, obligatory 140mm rotor 😳 but need a frame and some high rise bars 22.2mm of course …..

Thinking steel, and longish (23” TT)

If you show me yours I will show you mine once built 😉

dan86
    Free Member

Crappy phone pic took just now, but this is my nearly finished Trek ticket.

Just need to stick the cranks/chain and brakes on and print out some vinyl graphics for it, and it’s done.

Going with 2 brakes as I plan to do a bit of trialsy/street messing around aswell as dirt jumps..

Dan

It’s replacing this as it was an absolute tank (tough, though)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Don’t have pics of mine, but I have one of these:

and one of these:

Which could be seen as having 2 of the same bike :mrgreen:

Mrs Rob decided to claim one as hers & I liked it a lot, so got another. Tiny bikes are great fun! If a bit of a shit to climb mountains on…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Actually bought and built as an MTB for my Godson, I was quite proud of my efforts and a little bit reluctant to hand it over, he was thrilled to bits with it.

sharkattack

On Sunday I bought a complete (apart from cranks) Specialized P1 for 90 quid. Very nice bike, been after one for ages. It’s currently being stripped for a respray but should be mobile by the weekend.

Just look here LINK

Jump bikes are dirt cheap for basic stuff.

EDIT: I’ve also got that exact same Spooky frame but I also never used it to its full potential.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have built this

to ride when the trails harden up & I have had enough of being shaken to bits by the rigid HT.

I have not even given it a shakedown ride yet 😕 but I plan to use it for everything not including actual jumping hence the wheels.

I can report back in a few months if you like 😉

I previously in 2006 & 2007 built a Sanchez & an Azonic

But didn’t really use either as they were heavy, harsh & to damn small 🙁

Cheers.

timidwheeler

Are you selling the purple thing Dan?

dan86
    Free Member

Already sold it dude sorry!

GregMay
    Free Member

This is a bad thread to look at…ideas are growing in my head

mark88

Bought this on Pinkbike last week for £120. Needs a new chain and bar ends but apart from that it should do the job, even managed to ride it to work and back on Monday.
    If it can restore even 50% of the jumping confidence I’ve lost since buying a 29er 2 years ago it’ll be money well spent.

mtbel
    Free Member

This is a bad thread to look at…ideas are growing in my head

like breaking into peoples homes/sheds/garages and taking an allen key to their seatpost clamps and sorting out all those god awful ugly horizontal saddles? Aye, me too. 8)

HansRey

That’s mine.

rumple
    Free Member

few bits and pieces changed since then

Stevet1
    Free Member

DMR Rhythm, built up mainly for a bit more forgiveness than my 20″ at the BMX track –

OCB
    Free Member

2005’ish Duncon Pitbull 4X, (built for toughness, so it probably weighs as much as I do these days).

Brilliant at going down and/or through things – with or without a rider 😛 … but as you’d expect, not *especially* good at going up things / JRA, but in the right context it’s a fun bike.

giantalkali
    Free Member

My Flow Myth 4X bike

timmys

It isn’t really a dirt/park/4x bike but I do use it for that kind of thing (as well as a lot of other things);

mindmap3
    Free Member

I built this up as a jump / muck about bike.

Don’t have it any more because I decided hardtails were fun for general riding and this was just too small.

goby

timmys

Looks as though I had an image posting fail above. 2nd attempt…

It isn’t really a dirt/park/4x bike but I do use it for that kind of thing (as well as a lot of other things);

Rorschach
    Free Member

zero-cool
    Free Member

I miss my trusty old GT Moto. Got stolen in Exeter years ago and loved that bike.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Show me your: Dirt, Park, 4X Bike’ is closed to new replies.