Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Show me your classic steel roadies…
  • emanuel
    Free Member

Not mine, too small or it would be. wrote a bit about it here http://revanchebikeco.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/simoncini-columbus-tsx/

mine,Dedacciai 01,I managed to get the Q factor down to 123mm,feels strange.
    nice ride, a bit of snap a bit of kick and a bit smooth.
    more info here http://revanchebikeco.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/old-meets-new/

took this down the other day to paint it

tom200

1986 Pennine Italia, made in Bradford, mostly with Campagnolo Victory and Record Bits. In need of new saddle, white hoods and tan tyres.

FOG

While I love the look of these bikes, the sight of giant chain rings and tiny cassettes is reminding me of why I was ecstatic when mtbs appeared. I was able to leave the 10spd BSA in the shed and ride off with 18 gears! I don’t think I ever got on the big ring on the Beezer and wasn’t too bothered when my ex-wife sneakily sold it after we split up.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Velomanic

I’ve recently taken possession of an 80s Raleigh record sprint – my neighbour left it out in the street (so someone could take it if they wanted it)

It’s missing the saddle and seatpost but is all present and correct apart from that

Can’t decide if I’m going to run it geared or as a SS

fandango
    Free Member

I really wanted a Raleigh Record Sprint… black with gold decals IIRC. And doesn’t it have a Space shuttle outline on it somewhere? I ended up with a Scirocco, the first bike I bought with my own money. The Scirocco still lives at my parents’ place, and I think after reading this thread, I may try and resurrect it! 🙂

kcal

Did the Record Sprint have the gold levers, brake blocks, cranks & chain set? That’d be the same as my Falcon Grand Prix above??

grievoustim
    Free Member

I did done research after I got the bike – I believe the original record sprint had gold chain/ cranks etc

Mine is a later modal and does not unfortunately. Still not bad for nowt!

fr0sty
    Free Member

My Peugeot Grand Prix

gonetothehills
    Free Member

A Raleigh Record Sprint was my first ‘proper’ road bike too. I think the gold brakes, black rims etc were Weinmann? Mine was always a bit too big for me but I did loads of miles on it as a young teenager. Happy days.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Love the DM Concorde YoKaiser, at some point I’ll get one 8)

merckx12

Still like my Salsa!

oldgit
    Free Member

The Ribble, Yates, Bird and Shorter bring back memories of the early days of racing.

camo16
    Free Member

That Concorde is making me slightly aroused… but I’m happy with my Diamant.

First ride today. Well chuffed.

Old roadies rock!

bookwyse
    Free Member

Mine in winter mode

stevestunts
    Free Member

Mam’s bike, now consigned to the turbo following dual wrist snapping a few years back. Poor photo I’m afraid. And that’s a replacement saddle sitting on top of the attached saddle; she doesn’t have a backwards arse.

Don’t have any pictures, but fatha has a couple of custom Dave Yates not unlike the one pictured elsewhere. Two are built up (winter training bike / winter singlespeed bike) and one frame idling where he thinks I won’t find it.

camo16
    Free Member

Lovely Colnago that – and I love the two bemused cake serving people looking bemused in the window!

Liking that Raleigh’s retro paint work, Steve!

Keep ’em coming dudes!

epicyclo

This one’s pretty classic 🙂

Did a century on it around Wester Ross a couple of months ago

bookwyse
    Free Member

Cheers, not had the Colnago long. It’s a 1998 C94 original apart from the Tyres , seat and bar tape that I picked up for a bargain price of 150.

plus-one

Untitled by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Made by one of Britain’s finest sadly passed away 🙁

camo16
    Free Member

That, plus one, is NICE! 8)

OCB
    Free Member

There’s some great bikes on this thread!

oldgit
    Free Member

While we’re here can anyone produce a seat tube sticker for my bike up there.
    It’s an E W Hannington. I would like E W H in red white and blue. It never had down tube transfers.
    E
    W
    H

adsh
    Free Member

853 – not a lot of spring in this steel. Stem’s flipped now.

Ribble 8speed by adshools, on Flickr

camo16
    Free Member

Tasty wheels on that Ribble, adsh!

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve decided to sell this – now in the classifieds and I’ve reduced the price to £425….

orangeboy
    Free Member

Loverly steel with campy. I’ve changed the wheels to clincher from tub and it’s been great

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Show me your classic steel roadies…’ is closed to new replies.