Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Show me your Cannondale Prophets please!
  • Mintyjim

Just changed to a 1×9 set-up and loving it, I switched because I tend to ride Cwmcarn, Afan, Glyncorrwg and Nant Yr Arian (basically Welsh trail centres) and I was always in the big ring at the front and no lower than 3rd ring on the cassette for all the climbs so I shrunk the cassette and fitted a 36T front ring. Very happy!

Mintyjim

argh! Why won't it work?!

wors

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    I_Ache
    Free Member

There you go.

Would love a prophet myself.

z1ppy

Need to stick some newer pic's on my fotopic site but… I love mine had a moment earlier in the year when i thought it was going to be a right-off (BB thread issue) and was gutted but went straight on to ebay looking for another (LBS resolved it luckily).
    Have just picked up a Superlight and though that great in other ways, this is still my main bike

(s'not my garden!)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

wow, yellow rims agogo! They really are quite something to behold

dirtyrider
    Free Member

mangoridebike

I was about to post exactly this thread as I've just bought a prophet on the classifieds and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Anybody got a pics of a black one?

Dirty Rider, are you using 160mm forks on yours? how does it ride with those ?

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Here's mine:

Bigger image here

z1ppy

RTL you need to try it with the shock in the FR position (assuming you haven't already..)

MRB- looks like you got a decent deal, with that price and a new RP23 BV shock.

mangoridebike

Perfect RTL – There'll be a Gravity Dropper going on mine too,

z1ppy – Cheers – now can't wait for it to arrive and get it built up. Been wanting a prophet for ages and finally one popped up when I had the funds to go for it.

z1ppy

and as for your 160mm fork question MRB, try this thread…
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/standard-prophet-ie-not-mx-4x-etc-with-160mm-fox-float-36s-yay-or-nay

Bigger Prophet thread..
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-ya-cannondale-prophets-and

nice resprayed job belonging to Dusty Lyric (he seems to have disappeared since then)..
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/oooh-you-big-banana-powder-coated-prophet-content

Do you get this idea I quite like these bikes… :mrgreen:

Mintyjim

Prior to reading all the today's threads on air v's coil shocks I have been seriously considering fitting a coil to mine.
    To further complicate things I was thinking of fitting a smaller i2i coil shock in the xc position, thus maintaining a slack H/A, reducing the travel and having a coil…or simply getting my RP2 Push'd.
    I love it in the FR position, it absolutely flys, but not bothered about 140mm travel, would kinda prefer the same H/A but 120mm of coil. Or am I being a knobjockey?
    Decisions, decisions.

Mintyjim

Thanks to wors and I_ache for posting my pics, no idea what I was doing wrong!

z1ppy

well the Prophet SL came with a 190x50mm shock, so it might well be worth a try….

I have just bought a PUSH'ed RP23 (BV) and am extremely impressed with it compared to a STD RP23 (non-BV) I was borrowing, can only recommend it and will have my other bikes modded this way when their shocks need servicing.

Rickos
    Free Member

Older shot

Now with 150mm Revs, 50mm stem, etc.

peteimpreza

Mintyjim are those Thors on yours? Any good? 2009 or 2010?

Mintyjim

Pete, yes they're Thors, 2010.
    I'm very pleased, I went from Pike's and Revelation's to these and they're far superior. Track well, cracking damping with nice and progressive control.
    Best of all the colour coordinated with the frame. At 140mm travel they compliment the rear pretty well.
    I would defo recommend 'em.

Rickos
    Free Member

Mintyjim – Ben off of the mag did a slammed to the floor, less travel version. He wrote about it in the mag, so take a look at the back issues.

Coil shocks can be done, but be careful about the falling rate design that takes into account the natural progression of an air shock.

mangoridebike

z1ppy is your shock a high volume one or is it normal with the Boost valve?

The one on the frame I've bought is an RP2HV – just wondering what experience there is out there of this shock – especially on a prophet

Rickos
    Free Member

Oooh, High Volume isn't so good. You need a normal volume, you do.

Falling rate + High Volume = shooting through the travel unless you pump the shock up hard.

z1ppy

MRB: Mine is definitely a low volume can (normal?) on a 2010 BV RP23 but with a PUSH tune. Had a 'normal' RP23 on loan and that did seem to go through the travel quite easily when on on Pro-pedal mode.
    Spent a while talking to a tech @ TF Tuned before placing the order, and though he said a lot of bollox is talked the falling rate suspension, a low volume can is the way ahead for the prophet. Don't think they cost that much to replace (£30?)

peteimpreza

"I would defo recommend 'em."

Bugger another more tempting expensive upgrade for mine.

Thanks for the information.

Also if you email me I can forward you some information on how one rides with a coil and the excellent service from TF Tuned when buying one.

swisstony
    Free Member

Here's mine, had for 3 years and love it, haven't seen anything else to tempt me away.

Currently having a full overhaul pre alps trip, shock at TF, forks serviced and floodgate removed, new tyres and chain.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Cannondale Prophets please!’ is closed to new replies.