Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Show me your Boutique Bikes…
  • andyl46
    Free Member

Niche, boutique, canadian, bin.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, I remember Elfin, that’s really stuck with me. I could win a million pounds tomorrow and buy any bike I want. But I could never have a bike like that. Something truly personal. It’d probably have a few things wrong, rubbish welds, etc. but it’d be MINE.

cinnamon_girl

Well, I’m really upset. 😥

I posted a pic of my dirty lil Inbred and nobody but nobody admired it. Didn’t even get flack for those huge bar ends.

Actually, just a thought, it’s about enjoying being on the bike regardless of whether the fanbois love it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yer right Kev; yer right. Sums it up perfectly I think.

CG; unless yer bike’s ridiculously overpriced, has odd sized wheels or looks like an old lady’s shopping bike, this lot aren’t interested…

Kevevs
    Free Member

We all enjoy being on a bike C-g, that’s a given. It’s this “boutique” word, it’s about exclusivity and expense to gain admiration from your peers, and being better than johnny inbred, and all that crap that they bang on about on those o-so political threads. It’s got little to do with having fun on a bike. which is sad really.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Jones Fat or Thin wheel option – Niche – Tick
    Carbon Forked Rigid Niner Air 9 – Boutique – Tick
    Gary Fisher Rumblefish – Niche – Tick

But what’s this when it arrives hopefully in 4 weeks time?
    Niche or Boutique

mattp
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

We all enjoy being on a bike C-g, that’s a given. It’s this “boutique” word, it’s about exclusivity and expense to gain admiration from your peers, and being better than johnny inbred, and all that crap that they bang on about on those o-so political threads. It’s got little to do with having fun on a bike. which is sad really.

YMMV…

Kevevs
    Free Member

it’s just opinion. and I can be an opinionated git. so hey ho!

cinnamon_girl

YMMV ❓

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

YMMV?

YMCA?

mattp
    Free Member

@Kevevs – it’s all in the eye of the beholder but i do think some ppl try a bit too hard?

cinnamon_girl

Well, I refuse to justify the bikes I have. We all make choices in this world.

But I enjoy my dirty lil Inbred as much as the silly ones – they are all individuals. Bit like me really. 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

mattp – if riding bikes and having fun, which is what we do right? is about visual aesthetics. Then bring on Penelope Cruz!

tazzymtb

done the mainstream stuff and odd ball boutique niche stuff since the late 80’s. I’ve got the point where now I just have what works for me. which is a mix of common as muck and a few nice bits which suit my priorities/desires for light weight fast and fun bikes. Couldn’t give a rats bumhole about the label or brand just the function, hence why my bikes usually get a slating for looking like swamp donkeys by the mainstream trailcentre fat boys and the nichwhores alike.

you lot can have handbags at dawn I’ll just leave you to it and go and enjoy myself if that’s ok?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Tazzy -that is NOT Penelope Cruz.

tazzymtb

no ‘cos she is munter IMO and I’d rather shave my eyeballs and then spray mucc-off in them than see her horiffically gurning mush.

Pogo
    Free Member

Kevevs
    Free Member

“done the mainstream stuff and odd ball boutique niche stuff since the late 80’s. I’ve got the point where now I just have what works for me. which is a mix of common as muck and a few nice bits which suit my priorities/desires for light weight fast and fun bikes. Couldn’t give a rats bumhole about the label or brand just the function, hence why my bikes usually get a slating for looking like swamp donkeys by the mainstream trailcentre fat boys and the nichwhores alike.”

Here lies wisdom! good one tazzy.

TheSwede
    Free Member

JohnClimber

Jones Fat or Thin wheel option – Niche – Tick
    Carbon Forked Rigid Niner Air 9 – Boutique – Tick
    Gary Fisher Rumblefish – Niche – Tick

But what’s this when it arrives hopefully in 4 weeks time?
    Niche or Boutique

Brat

flamejob
    Free Member

I have to say that the bikes I ride most are Specializeds and a Mondraker, but then again I designed my supernicheboutique bike for different conditions, so now I only tend to use it on the beach.

Where would we be without Morgan Aeromaxs (my hardtail) and Paganis? Everyone would be driving Golf GT (Stumpjumper) Focus RS (Orange 5) and Audi A4 sportlines (Turner 5Spots).

ianpinder
    Free Member

Ibis Tranny

IMG_0100 by ianpindir, on Flickr

Nicolai Helius AM

DSC00271 by ianpindir, on Flickr

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Boutique Bikes…’ is closed to new replies.