• This topic has 147 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by oyon.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Show me your bling watches cos it's Sunday and I'm bored
  • vinnyeh

Since c-z has mentioned Yema, I’d like to say that I really hankered after their Bipole, a watch produced for the Raid Gaulioses, in 1990. Titanium, Kevlar and carbon fibre, a built in Sideral compass on the pivoting face for navigation.
    Somebody flogged a stash of nos Bipoles on ebay about 15 years back, selling price varied from around £120, up to £200 for the last of them, but I didnt have the money at the time.
    Unfortunately Yema never supported them, and I think there was a big issue with replacing batteries.
    Shame, they’re pretty outrageous.

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Nice Hammy Vinny. I have the Navy GMT below and also a Khaki field Auto.

Quite a few Tag Heuers on here. Couple of mine. F1 Grand Date and Aquaracer Calibre 5 Auto.

endurokid
    Free Member

My bit of ‘fiddy cent’ bling!

rob2
    Free Member

On and on – that is a lovely watch. I’ve got a 1973 square faced buluva accutron spaceview. Love the tuning fork sound

MrSmith
    Free Member

LOL at that chav bauble.

I wonder how some people who buy stuff with D&G emblazoned across it would react if you told them they were advertising a gay couple?

paulevans
    Free Member

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

A watch for the lazy.

No batteries to change, no time to set and water resistant, so don’t care if it gets wet.

messiah
    Free Member

boblo
    Free Member

One of mine, quite popular in this company. For sale if anyone fancies a bargain:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oooh a bargain.

How much?

boblo
    Free Member

Offline old boy, talk of money is so vulgar 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

lunge

Messiah, that is bloody lovely.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Moonphase Speedy

endurokid
    Free Member

@MrSmith.

Not Chav at all, do you know me, No, so how can you possibly pass judgement?

I’m sure the title of the thread is ‘Show me your bling watches cos it’s Sunday and I’m bored’.

Also, im not advertising the KKK, or BNP or similar organisation so what difference does it make what its advertising?

Stupid comment if you ask me.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i was commenting on what i thought about the watch. it’s a vulgar timepiece that you would find as a knock-off on a market stall for £20. whatever i think about is irrelevant as regards you buying it or wearing it though.

“some people” is not the same as ‘everybody’ or ‘you’

endurokid
    Free Member

Each to their own I suppose.

Still cost me a damn sight more than £20!

woffle
    Free Member

my current daily wear;

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Each to their own I suppose.

is right – particularly with regards to that D&G…

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Tag Monza Calibre 36 (crap pic). 10 years old now

Got 3 limited edition G Shocks which I also wear. Not really bling.

not my pic
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f29/899621d1355033089-sold-casio-g-shock-g-9330a-mudman-30th-anniversary-rising-red-bnib-img_4761.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

40 next year and looking at a Panerai Pam292 or Rolex GMT II with the blue black bezel as a treat 🙂

MM

toby1

MountainMutant

Keyboard/Office equipment in the background – Check
    RS6 in the background – Check
    Wood burning stove in the background …

So close to the full set 😉

MountainMutant
    Free Member

ah but my kids ride Islabikes so that makes up for the lack of stove (I do have an open fire 😉 )

peterfile
    Free Member

RS6 in the background – Check

haha i noticed that too. Subtle 🙂

toby1

So long as there is a wood store somewhere then at least most of the box is ticked, did you hand build the balance bikes before the Isla’s too?

🙂

The GMT master II is a lovely watch by the way.

bowie278
    Free Member

MountainMutant, that Tag is stunning. And so is your choice in cars.

GMT II with blue/black is a gorgeous looking piece as well. My next choice is either one of those or a Submariner date. Just something about the Sub date that does it for me.

messiah
    Free Member

Love the Monza MountainMutant :mrgreen:

I like this one –

At 39mm and with the plain black face it’s almost subtle compared with many of the modern monster watches.

I’ve also seen it with a white face and dark blue hands which I liked.

Notter
    Free Member

My most recent acquisition…..also have the pleasuer of owning a Speedmaster day / date from late ’90s

paulevans
    Free Member

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/pjsaevans/10680959395/][/url]
    Untitled by N Paul Evans, on Flickr

Understated and surprisingly accurate to boot!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Nice!

Love the Panerai’s and have the wrists to pull the large face off but the sensible head says the Rolex.I don’t have a metal strapped watch and I guess it’s more timeless.

When I bought the Monza the Rolex sub was £3.5K. They are now £5.5K. Even second hand they are more than £3.5K

I worry that the oversize look may date in time…ooh decisions

peterfile
    Free Member

Notter, that Nomos is really really nice. Sleek, understated, clean, not cluttered and a bit different. Ticks all my boxes.

marcus7
    Free Member

suprising number of TAGs… (guilty BTW) im looking at a milligauss for next year, only because i like the second hand and some of our machines create strong magnetic fields (which are the best reasons i could come up with!!)

Notter
    Free Member

Peterfile you’ve just listed all of the reasons that I bought it for! I went for the Automat, it’s a slightly larger case diameter (41.5mm) which I can pull off and quite slim. Must admit I love it more and more since I bought it!

bowie278
    Free Member

Lovely, PaulEvans. And Marcus7, my cousin has the Milgauss and absolutely loves it. It is a stunning watch and the second hand is really different. Go on, treat yourself 😉

saleem
    Free Member

I’ve nearly bought a Panerai luminor several times, but i just justify it sny more. The Rolex won’t lose money though like the Panarai, I had a GMT 11, lovely watch but the mrs used to say every time I rolled over during the night it’d knock lumps out of her. Sold all my watches other than my Rolex explorer which I love, JW Benson dress watch and an IWC that I never wear.

loddrik
    Free Member

Gonna get me another Sinn U2 when I shift my car.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Best:

Everything else:

peterfile
    Free Member

ovely watch but the mrs used to say every time I rolled over during the night it’d knock lumps out of her

You wear a watch to bed?

meesterbond

A few of mine…

kilo

Bit of a crappy pictureUsed day in day out, on the road bike but not the mtb, Rolex thunderbird, bit bashed but understated and keeps good time

if not that then this which I got half price in a sale years ago

or my casio :D. I’ve an old (25yrs) TAG 1000 but I never wear it anymore)

onandon
    Free Member

Here are a few of mine.
    I’m not in the uk to take pics of my watch box but these are the main watches I use day to day.

Tag Monaco automatic on a stainless strap

Tag Monaco automatic with black Python strap with diamonds

Tag grand date in white

Braun bn10 stainless

Omega seamaster 1972 300hz cone ‘hummer’

1976 seiko bullhead automatic

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Show me your bling watches cos it's Sunday and I'm bored’ is closed to new replies.