• This topic has 147 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by oyon.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Show me your bling watches cos it's Sunday and I'm bored
  • onandon
    Free Member

Quite a mixed understanding to the meaning of ‘bling’ on this thread.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Indeed, some right goppers, some interesting and unusual stuff, some bling.

toby1

I’m struggling to like any of them more than my current watch. The Core all black also. Again not exactly bling…

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

kiwijohn

Ingersoll Bison
    Garmin Fenix
    Animal Surfers against sewage
    My fathers Omega

enduroforever
    Free Member

My fave at the moment. Gets brought out a month or so at a time then back away for a month or so. No danger of ever loosing it off my wrist, it’s by far my heaviest watch weighing over 280g

onandon
    Free Member

Are you Bobby George 🙂

Scapegoat

Dad’s 1972 Constellation Chronometer, inherited in 1999 and now my everyday watch.

Woody
    Free Member

Lol @ Jeffc ‘beater’ !

Sadly I have no bling to post nowadays but am happy with a Zeno, Precista PRS3 and a Seiko black monster for daily duties.

Dark-Side

My new Ball Fireman Ionosphere. Purchased at a bargain price in the Ernest Jones sale. It will do until my 40th birthday in a few years, when I plan to add a Tudor Black Bay to the collection.

bearnecessities

DS, that item of cothing is messing with my brain – I want to think you’re wearing that on the left wrist and it’s an oven mitt! (nice strap/face combo)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought this the other week, the Grey one on the right. Taken by it’s simplicity, elagance and Bauhaus stylee. I really like it.

M6TTF
    Free Member

currently this

however i don’t have 3 grand spare, so mine is a quality ‘replica’

flail as you wish

enduroforever
    Free Member

My fully polished Breitling auto. Keep looking at the emergency but can’t have it all

derek_starship
    Free Member

Simple but attractive Seamaster 150.

willej

Not the most expensive nor the blingiest but it was a 30th birthday present from my wife. I’ve worn it nearly every day for the last 6 years:

Only had to replace the battery earlier this year but now the strap is in need of replacement. Just got a quote from an independent Seiko/Briel spares supplier and they want £50, just for the leather parts! Eek!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

My standard watch

My weekend watch (I know some will hate this, but I’ve just always wanted one – my Dad has a Seamaster from the 1960s, so I like the connection)

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Not at all bling but I’m gonna post it anyway (hey, at least it’s an auto). Seiko erryday beater with a custom strap by the excellent 31trum.

Planning to upgrade to a Junghams Max Bill or vintage Constellation in the future.

P20

I wouldn’t say it was bling, but I have a Seamaster which was my present to myself for passing my Paramedic course. It would be in everyday use if work hadn’t banned wrist watches

Dark-Side

bearnecessities – Member
    DS, that item of cothing is messing with my brain – I want to think you’re wearing that on the left wrist and it’s an oven mitt! (nice strap/face combo)

I’ve always worn my watch on the ‘wrong’ wrist, not sure why but it feels more comfortable. I see what you mean about the over glove look though 😆

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Bought this from pennies my parents left me 🙂 ….. something to remind me of them

nicko74

plyphon
    Free Member

My everyday watch

bearnecessities

Stumpy, like that a lot.

bowie278
    Free Member

Lovely looking watch nicko74.

Don’t have an actual picture of mine, however Google supplied one.

Breitling Montbrillant Datora. Also have a brown croc strap with deployant clasp which is due to go back on.

Markie
    Free Member

Burger

For a genuinely unusual watch try one of these —-
    Nixie Watch.

Mine is a Citizen.

parkesie
    Free Member

Keeping it simple.

image by Parkesiemtb, on Flickr

lunge

Bling watches and someone posts a Nixon? Fail.

Sadly, any bling watch needs to be a Swiss automatic with an in-house movement at very least.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Unless it’s a transformer watch of course

vinnyeh

Not bling, but my favourite.
    In need of a new crystal and service, but has a nice original face. MOD issue Hamilton chrono from the first batch. Markings on the back (W10) indicate it was originally intended for the army, but 6BB shows it was actually issued to the RAF, in 1970.
    Might only be a couple of dozen left, of the 4-500 originally issued in the batch.
    Pity there’s no way to trace who it was issued to.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Here’s my Speedmaster after I put it through the washing machine 👿

And when it came back from Omega after having the full ‘ Trigger’s broom treatment’.new face,crystal,hands,pushers,movement, bracelet and I’m not too sure if it wasn’t a new case.Worn it 3 times since due to me being a ham fisted buffoon

MarkLG
    Free Member

Bought this a couple of years ago while I was on holiday in the States. Couldn’t decide between the black strap or stainless, until the girl in the shop said I could get the stainless one and they had the black straps in stock to buy seperately.

onandon
    Free Member

Sausagefingers – Yes but look at it now, that’s a stunner.

I’m very into my early 70s watches

One of mine
    A 1972 omega seamaster 300hz tuning fork watch, or ‘hummer’ cone as it’s known.

CountZero

DS, I’m liking your Ball Fireman very much, they look particularly good in the dark, too.
    That Breitling Montbrillant Datora bowie278 is very much the sort of watch I dislike; far too much going on, I’d need to put my reading glasses on everything I’d want to see the time, just too fussy.

lunge – Member
    Bling watches and someone posts a Nixon? Fail.

Sadly, any bling watch needs to be a Swiss automatic with an in-house movement at very least.
    Well, that counts out an awful lot, these days, unless you’re paying stupid amounts of money.
    That Yema of mine shared its movement with Ramond Weil and Breitling, both pretty ‘bling’ forty years ago.
    Personally, mine are relatively ‘bling’; only by comparison with cheap mass-market quartz movement watches. I consider them what are known as ‘tool watches’, fairly pricey, but pretty plain and unadorned with fussy, useless functions, worn everyday as a functional tool.
    A Tudor Pelageos would be my perfect, money-no-object watch:

All titanium case and bracelet.
    And what it looks like in the dark:

Markie
    Free Member

Nice vinnyeh… I had one of what I guess replaced those…

enduroforever
    Free Member

Tudor – very classy

bearnecessities

needs to be a Swiss automatic

*Cries*

I’ve actually got quite fond of staggering downstairs in the morning in a bleary-eyed state, switching kettle on, getting some eggs/porridge out and then winding the watch up!

CountZero

Vinnyeh, liking your Hamilton, needs a bit of TLC, but a nice watch.
    Sausagefingers, I’m not going to ask how your poor Omega got into a washing machine, but they did a lovely restoration job on it. I’d have been heartbroken if I did that to my Yema, having had it from new for forty-something years.

nicko74

CountZero, like the look of that Tudor in the dark. It’s kinda the one thing I’m not impressed by with Omega. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Show me your bling watches cos it's Sunday and I'm bored’ is closed to new replies.