Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Show me your Bird Zero.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve been considering the new Bfe but see the Bird Zero as a very close alternative. Any chance any Bird owners could post a pic and any insights?

scarlett
    Free Member

Bought a Zero AM a few months ago. I had a full sus but had bought the OH a Bird Aeris 145 for his 40th and, foolishly, decided to demo the Zero TR one day after seeing them at the shop. I considered getting a TR to run alongside my full sus, then I borrowed an AM for a weekend. Just loved it. Sold my full sus a week later and put the money to a good AM build. Absolutely no regrets. It climbs, it eats up rocks and roots and I’m more able to do jumps and drops. It’s SO stable, it just monsters everything. I absolutely love it. I had dented my confidence on my full sus, now I’m getting it back every ride and loving it. Tonight I went to Rogate downhill trails, wasn’t feeling great so just took it easy, was popping over the tabletops, also really aware of just how good it is on the steep stuff. I absolutely adore it, I’m so glad I bought it.
    Also, great service from Bird. Got the build I wanted after asking a million silly questions and never felt like an idiot. Really bought the bike with confidence. OHs Aeris is a fantastic bit of kit too.
    Can’t imagine myself on anything else but a Bird now.

chiefgrooveguru

Bird Zero AM review (warning, bicycle content)

It’s great – love the big fork and low bottom bracket.

I think which is the better bike would depend on where you tend to ride, rock munching vs berm shredding – the new BFe is slacker and higher, the AM steeper and lower (and a bit shorter out back). And there’s just over a pound of weight difference.

alextemper
    Free Member

AM is a great bike and a hoot to ride. Miss my MK1 still over all the bikes I have got ride of and it only went as was a touch on the small size. Going to try out a TR this time for a change.

superstu
    Free Member

Kaiser are you looking at the TR or AM?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Superstu it’s the AM I’m thinking of.

Scarlet, this is kinda where I’m at. I’m breaking my Giant Reign and using the bits for a hardtail build. Whilst I’ve been going faster than I’ve ever been on it confidence on drops and jumps is down and I realised I was happier on a hardtail doing this kind of stuff. I’m not fast anyway so going faster is a bit moot.

Cheifgrooveguru that’s a point I’ve not considered but I’d probably want something to do both.

jaylittle
    Free Member

I’ve got the TR version. Even though its a pretty basic build (sektor forks, deore brakes, 1×11 GX) i’m very happy with it.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Yep like mine lots for local trails.
    Took it to revolution recently and got down 99% of both reds, bike deffinately compensated for my lack of skill . I’m an average rider, getting on a bit and lack a bit of the old bottle nowadays .

Climbs steep stuff really well with a 150mm fork, don’t really notice any of the reported flex in the frame and I’d say it’s more compliant than my old steel 456. , orange crush and p7 especially when riding hard.

Keep getting urge to buy a 2nd hand FS frame to give me option of swapping bits over but I know it’s really the only Mtb bike I need

For me it’s not an all day mile muncher ( doesn’t claim to be) but it does tick most of my boxes. Tried the TR and found it to long for messing about on.

Full Slx, hope wheels/bb/HS and Yaris and it’s a good weight” Candy orange paint job is very nice in the flesh but I really wish I had used frame protection.

Theirs a mark1 on eBay atm

muttley109
    Free Member

Mines a TR with nx11, 130mm forks, hope 35 wheels, 2.5 dhf WT on the front and a 2.4 ardent out back, plus a few purple bling hope bits.

Great fun on the reds at BPW and terrifyingly fast on the blues! It’s a confidence Inspiring bike and my talent regularly runs out before the bikes abilities do.
    As other have mentioned, the service from bird is beyond excellent. After posting a picture on here of my destroyed front wheel, the guys from bird got in touch and offered to sort me out with a good price on some replacements as it was one of their bikes. I dont Know of any other company that has that level of service!
    It’s safe to say I won’t ever be getting rid of this one and will definitely be adding an aeris 145 to the collection when funds allow!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Bird Zero.’ is closed to new replies.