Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Show me your bikes that you think look good with mudguards on
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

If such things exist.

core

Hmmmm, could be quiet………..

patriotpro
    Free Member

Most of the low-profile front-guards look decent enough, not seen one looking acceptable with a rear-guard fitted tho.

Regardless of looks, I wouldn’t go without a front-guard.

coogan
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks silly without them!

binners

Harry_the_Spider

That’s my mum!

will
    Free Member

Winter road bikes/audax bikes looks good with full traditional guards. Anything else looks silly.

Kryton57

I just winterised my winter bike/trainer, not sure if its looks good or not but I do fell geeky-concious with them on, I fell like Granville knocking out intervals:

Kryton57

Binners, are you in the Saville fan club or something, that photo could be easily misconstrued…

Bear in mind this was 7 years ago

Also bear in mind, no, I don’t think it looked cool – this was my old set-up on my Enduro. Braaaaapppp stylee!

roverpig

I think the bender fender front guards look pretty good now

But this is the best I can do for a rear and I wouldn’t say it looked good 🙂

zippykona

At least this bike has proper mud guards.
    Here’s its bouncy brother. This ones bit of a lash up but it’s needed as I have the worlds muddiest commute.

DezB
    Free Member

A thing of beauty

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Decathlon do a v-brake moutned guard that with the addition of some P-clips fits most frames (including FSers with seatstays) and looks acceptable.

Road bikes with raceblades always look bad ass, as per rule 9.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Featuring:

Other varities I’ve got/had:

pickle
    Free Member

i just ordered one of those mucky nutz front fender things for mine as i think they look pretty cool 😳

core

I’ve got a bender fender, a downtube guard & a mx style one, not that keen on any, downtube one is too close to gear cables, mx one looks gash really, and bender fender a bit fiddly, but best looking, and maybe least ed effective….

Crud race guard rear does the job

patriotpro
    Free Member

mucky nutz front fender things for mine as i think they look pretty cool

They work too.

al

Does anyone put a mudguard on to look cool? No. They get up on to avoid soggy chamois and mud in the eye. Fashion police can hibernate when its wet SFAIAC.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

trickydisco
    Free Member

I think my mates ‘commuter’ bike looks great with mudguards

iainc

will
    Free Member

I actually think mine looks better with guards:

patriotpro
    Free Member

Check out this new mudguard company, front and rear mudguards look way neater and stealthy than others.Front works better than Mucky Nutz and rear works better than anything else Ive tried.

Why would I/anyone pay more than double the price of a bender-fender?

antigee

kinesis cx pro6

jekkyl

I don’t get the hard core mtbers hatred of the mudguard, so many times in awful conditions I’ve seen lads go past with nice expensive bikes, no rear mud gaurd and shit all up their back. Content and function over aesthetics every time.

gtav30
    Free Member

An RRP Neoguard is the only guard that goes near my bike… and that’s more of a mud flap anyway…

organic355
    Free Member

So, road/cross bikes can look decent, mountain bikes look crap with mudgaurds? (fender benders dont really count)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve just some SKS ones on my Vaya.
    More than happy with them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t get the hard core mtbers hatred of the mudguard, so many times in awful conditions I’ve seen lads go past with nice expensive bikes, no rear mud gaurd and shit all up their back. Content and function over aesthetics every time.

I think there’s an element of objectivenes in it. For just plodding allong they’re fine, but for anythign ganrr they get in the way, snag, snap, swivel round, jam wheels, or just fall off. Over time this has been enshrined in the unofficial ‘rules’, so now people who just want to plod about (thinking they’re gnarr) refuse them.

‘ass defender’, and some inertube between the forks works OK for me. Or various models of chromoplastics and raceblades on the road.

roverpig

Neoguard and bender fender both do as good a job as each other at keeping the crap off you in my experience, but as we can see from the picture above the neoguard doesn’t do much to protect the stanchions.

I’m not too bothered about the aesthetics (I ride a Five after all), but I’ve yet to find a rear guard that works on a full suss, with a dropper.

zippykona

Zippy the canti mounts are already in use and my bright yellow rucksack stays clean so I think the rear end is pretty sorted.
    No doubt before the winter is out I will have bodged a decathlon one on as well as the other 2!

drbob65
    Free Member

just man up you pussies

patriotpro
    Free Member

Much like decathlons brilliant rear mud guard

Where to does it attach to?

z1ppy

canti/V-brake mounts… so it’s a bit limited, and why Zefal’s include P-clips instead (and 29er version apparently).

Zippyk, I’m surprised my crud & most others still allow spray to be flung back over the top. Got a 29er Topeak defender which works well though (it’s bloody long!)

boo01
    Free Member

https://www.themudhugger.co.uk/
    Have a set of theses for both my zesty’s
    do not look good but riding round with a par of shorts/back covered in crap….
    Look very uncool! 🙂

simon1975

I never got on with mudguards for off-roading, but I wouldn’t be without them on the tourer/commuter:

My Elswick Ambler super tourer by Simon J Taylor, on Flickr

mangatank
    Free Member

I’ve gone full Mucky Nutz. Tiny weight for what appears to be complete protection from mud. Everything stayed put on downhillish stuff on Saturday and nothing dropped off on a bumpy XC ride today.

It could indicate madness to ride with anything else given their effectiveness and feathery lightness…

iainc

mangatank – I have the same front ones as you and I think they are superb, and as you say weigh next to nothing. Much less faff that a front crudguard to take on and off too.

I was thinking about the back one, but am sticking with a rear crudguard, which fits in neatly beneath my reverb

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Show me your bikes that you think look good with mudguards on’ is closed to new replies.