Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • show me your bike storage solutions
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…
    need to sort out the garage to be able to hold my (soon to be) 4 bikes, mrs vaders 2 bikes and minivaders bike and tag along.
    i only have a small amount of space due to the usual detritus, workbenches and sheves…
    so whats have you on STW done for storage

cheers

scotroutes

Hooks along a corner and bikes hanging vertically (like sardines, nose to tail)

daftvader
    Free Member

thats kind of what i was looking at… i take it they are just normal bnq type hooks?

Rorschach
    Free Member

fasthaggis

Same as above,hooks and nose to tail them. 🙂

scotroutes

Aye. Just whatever cheap, plastic-coated hooks you can find. Putting them up high leaves room for storage underneath.

daftvader
    Free Member

excellent (mrs vader is sat next to me spell checking FFS!!!) thanks for these. hooks are added to the shopping list. will have to put some of the hooks fairly low as mrs vader is a short a**e (goes to find ice for minor bruising to ribs)

Elmo
    Free Member

I keep my good bikes in the house, a lot more secure. I painted the old coalhouse and made some wooden brackets. The bikes bungee cord to the brackets once the front wheel is off.
    I reckon i could’ve got 3 in there if needed.

gmex619
    Free Member

Bikes stored hung up for the most part.

One is usually in my cellar though.

pickle
    Free Member

Hooks in the ceiling and floor stands

kayak23

Pickle. Some nice older bmx action going on there. Like it. 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

cheers, range from 85 upwards 🙂

My ugly duckling C456 is stuck in the corner

bails

My ‘hacked’ IKEA Stolmen rack:

jamiep
    Free Member

on-one do a single hook for £5, which I have two of. I’ll need to wait until I am finished work to dig out a photobucket pic

TiRed

Hooks and bikes nose to tail. I use old inner tube to cover the hooks because after a while the coating wears off and the rims mark. I hang two tandems this way and have had no issue with weight.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

pickle – what are the bikes you’ve got there then? red one’s a Mongoose I think… ace garage!

Tracey

Heavy duty hooks from Decathlon

DanW
    Free Member

Is storing bikes in the first 2 replies not generally advised against as it could deform fork bushings over time? Just being hyper-paranoid probably…

Duane…
    Free Member

Same as bails – Ikean Stolmen bike rack.

Stolmen Bike rack, all Ikea items

trail_rat
    Free Member

a single hook for a 5er … wow – need to get in on that action.

bnq were doing em for 1.99.

mines are largely stored as above.

note your wife might not be able to retreve mtbs – mines cant. road bikes not as much hassle but she tried to take down the mtb once and just about destroyed the garage. it lives on the floor now !

composite
    Free Member

Best picture I have to hand. There is normally another bike in that empty one.

IA

Rented flat and not wanting to use a pit-prop style braced against the ceiling, so I’ve one of these bike-trees:

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-storage-free-standing-2-bike-stand?bct=browse%2faccessories%2fworkstands-bike-storage

it’s pretty good, and removing the lower bike is easy enough, as it sits just off the floor.

pickle
    Free Member

Dorset_knob, you’re nearly right with the Mongoose. It’s actually a new school BMX done in the same design as the old early 80’s mongoose. It’s done by a company in the states by the name of Knight Bike co. If you have a look in their galery you’ll see mine in red.

The others are as follows:

Orange Skyway Street Beat 1985
    Green Skyway Street Beat 1985
    Black Skyway Street Beat 1988
    Red Skyway Street Beat frame and forks 1988 (on the work top)
    Blue Skyway Street Beat 1988 (Hanging up)
    White Skyway Street Beat 1987 (Hanging up)

2011 SE Racing Floval Flyer
    On-One C456 in the corner
    Wifes old Gary Fisher behind that 😀

pickle
    Free Member

Dorset_knob, you’re nearly right with the Mongoose. It’s actually a new school BMX done in the same design as the old early 80’s mongoose. It’s done by a company in the states by the name of Knight Bike co. If you have a look in their galery you’ll see mine in red.

The others are as follows:

Orange Skyway Street Beat 1985
    Green Skyway Street Beat 1985
    Black Skyway Street Beat 1988
    Red Skyway Street Beat frame and forks 1988 (on the work top)
    Blue Skyway Street Beat 1988 (Hanging up)
    White Skyway Street Beat 1987 (Hanging up)

2011 SE Racing Floval Flyer
    On-One C456 in the corner
    Wifes old Gary Fisher behind that 😀

daftvader
    Free Member

Thats a point by danw… are there any detrimental issues with hanging bikes up? Mine the are currently unused(just had a wrist op) and mrs vaders are almost never used!…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

A few plastic pipes, elbows, tee’s and solvent weld glue

Extended once already with room for another

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘show me your bike storage solutions’ is closed to new replies.