Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Show me your BFe
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

So I’ve gone right off the summer Season, what was once a tolerable pig like climbing characteric is now just hateful and annoying, it feels big and clumsy, and I want a change… just I need to forgo some treats and indulgences to accumlate the cash, so spur me on my way with pictures of what I have set my heart on, particular attention to those in Large pls.

Ta Muchly.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not a large but do you really need a large? I’m 6ft and this fits great. At the moment its the most fun bike I have ever ridden.*

P1010082 by i_ache, on Flickr

*I am still setting up my Enduro Evo which has the potential to equal or even surpass the BFe.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well I hope to find one near Nidderdale/Ripon/Harrogate I can sit on to see, but I am 6ft 2 and little little bit, so it seems likely…

That looks a bit lovely though…

Fun BTW is exactly, what I’m after and no longer get from the 456SS

mindmap3
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

Now sporting an orange X0 rear mech, Chris King headset and a 2004 Marzocchi Z1 with 20mm axle (all black). The D321’s are tough as owt but weigh a ton so make the bike feel slow and heavy to ride so are getting replaced by a pair of EN521’s on Pro II’s courtesy of Wiggle.

It’s too small but was cheap (seconds frame due to a batch with dodgy welds by the drop out that may catch the chain in the smallest cog on the cassette….mine doesn’t have it) and is a hoot to ride.

wonderchump
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ with a Soul in large… Frame is same sizing as BFe so all good. Not posted a pic as it’s a BFe thread but it is luvvvverly and what fun!

I_Ache
    Free Member

That looks a bit lovely though…

Thanks. It is a little different now but not massively. I came from a 456 that I hated to this BFe which I love. It is so versitile and has done full days out in the Peak where it was faultless, normal local riding including messing around on jumps and drops and even a session at the BMX track. Brilliant bike.

Scamper
    Free Member

Now with reverb, wider fatbar, black slant forks and black pedals. 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

Medium one that I had powdercoated gloss black locally and with the reflective decals. Current SS guise…

IMAG0531 by Rick T., on Flickr

Previous 9 speed set up…

IMAG0219 by Rick T., on Flickr

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I like your rabbit.

Rickos
    Free Member

Are you flirting with me, Chunky?

trevron73
    Free Member
    ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

😳

tymbian
    Free Member

Another non large

Another fun hooligan ride.

andeh

Mine is a medium and I’m 6’1. Leave the forks at 140mm for the most part, it’s great fun! It’ll hack long days in the Peaks and doesn’t really feel too cramped. I probably should have gone for large but wanted something non gate-like and fun.

Action shot at Steel city 8)

h4muf
    Free Member

Notorious B.F.e by h4muf, on Flickr

edale loop by h4muf, on Flickr

Just built it up. I’m 5/11 and it’s a large. Wouldn’t want one smaller.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and I’m sorely tempted to try a small for the woods razzing stuff.

winch
    Free Member

Scamper – How are you getting on with your new forks? Interested to hear how you find them on a hardtail 🙂

tomlevell

Small and 5’10” and love it but then I am a Cotic fanboy.
    Shorter travel forks work best for me. IIRC they are reduced to 115mm

20130512_200303 by tomlevell, on Flickr

Scamper
    Free Member

Winch – they had to go back after 3 rides, but can’t fault the after sales. well and truly bedded in after a few days in the alps. I’ve got the 130/160 Versions and on the Bfe they are wound down most of the time, even on the more twisty DH runs. Compared to the previous revs, a Pretty stiff fork with plenty of feedback and don’t seem to notice much fork dive. Reasonable weight at under 2kg too.

JEngledow
    Free Member

here’s my Large (I’m 6’5″):

I_Ache
    Free Member

I really want some of those x-fusion slants but I can’t tell if they come with a straight 1 1/8 steerer.

momo

Ooh I can play this game too

BFe with added Reverb by le_grande_momo, on Flickr

6’1″ on a large frame with a 50mm stem, can still be thrown about easily enough.

Climbs well even with 160 up front and absolutely flies downhill!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Equally at home in Peaks, Surrey Hills, quick evening rides or all day epics. IMO works really well with 120/150 adjustable Sektors, frequently I forget to switch mode climbing in 150 or descending in 120 and the bike just gets on with it.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member
    tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Slants are taperered steerer only.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I thought they might be 🙁 Thats a shame I really want some better damped and lighter forks to replace my Pikes. I might have to try and get the insides replacing on the Pikes. Thats still not going to loose me any weight tho.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ I_ache..I seem to be in the same boat. I’ve Zocchi 55’s on mine. They were converted to coil last year by Windwave as the air-seal failed twice. They weigh more than the frame ( forks 2.7kg + ). I run them at 160mm and find they climb well enough and absolutely fly ( scarey fast ) downhill. I’d love to swap to a lighter fork say a Rev @ 1.7kg but would hate to lose the confidence that the forks give..If someone could guarantee that I could have a lighter fork with the same damping properties I’d change.

Maybe just get the forks set-up ( serviced ) right . I thought Pikes were supposed to be a good fork.

I_Ache
    Free Member

The pikes are allright but when compared to the control the Lyriks on my enduro offer the pikes are left wanting.

trevron73
    Free Member

unklehomered
    Free Member

h4muf & momo winning for wetting loose my wallet latch in anticipation.

Mine will be getting pikes to begin with, but like above, since getting lyriks (and floodgate modding them) old pikes are begin to show their limitations. So we shall see. Will be a shame, pushed, coil, very nice. But things have come on…

sprocker
    Free Member

IMG_5319 by sprocker1, on Flickr

here is my new one built Saturday 1st ride sunday can’t believe I did not get one a while ago, took me ages to decide to dump the full suss

bullroar
    Free Member

Here you go on the first proper weekend out.

Halfway down Sticks Pass, Helvellyn.

jimthelad
    Free Member

Another medium here.

In case you’re wondering, the wheels are Halo Tornadoes on green Pro II’s.

trevron73
    Free Member

Ive had the BFe for 1 week and still have not ridden it. My staff let me down and had to work days off so after 10 days and 156 hours without a day off i have 4 days in a row .Ohh we are gonna get dusty ,so very very dusty ? roll on Saturday !

winch
    Free Member

Scamper – I’ll get the non dla version and set them at 140mm I think. What was the problem with yours? I take it you have them back now?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well I’ve been overcome by doubt, so waiting a little bit. Tempted buy a medium for increased ‘chuckableness’, since I love my Meta AM so much, and also replacing my old avalanche with some kind of 29er mile muncher, I’m leaning towards this BFe as mostly a ‘play’ thing. I need to get on a few I think, but the only people with BFes I know have smalls, on account of their diminutive stature… 😕 No stockist near me either. Oh but I want a new bike now!!!

_tom_
    Free Member

Had this for a bit. Not bad but I probably wouldn’t get one again

Definitely one of the nicest looking bikes I’ve had though.

trailzilla
    Free Member

Been hammering round on this for 18 months now, still going strong (although it has gone through a new BB, a new crank set, a new saddle, a set of pedals, a front wheel total rebuild and a rear hub bearing replacement – but that’s just a sign of how much fun I’ve been having!).

Oh and it’s now 2×9 with a bashring and chain device.

Evolution of my Cotic build by CameraObscure, on Flickr

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Show me your BFe’ is closed to new replies.