Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Show me your Anthems.
  • stoddys
    Free Member

Just about to get a fork change to 140mm ( should I do it?)

Best I’ve owned, it’s the one I won’t sell.

richardthird

I think 120 is optimum personally, as seen on my blue one below…

stoddys
    Free Member

I can always reduce them. 100 on just now..

ruslan
    Free Member

That is mine from yesterday mountain riding

mountainman

Awaiting my voucher from bike to work scheme Anthem 3 on hold plus dropper post .

Should be 26 th accounts tell me .WAITING.!!!!!!!!!!!!

zippykona

I will probably be selling the dropper off mine when it turns up if anyone needs one.

zippykona

ruslan
    Free Member

This is mine (27,5). Yesterday mountain ride.

Kryton57

I think 120 is optimum personally

I put a 120mm on my 29er. The slightly increased HA improves confidence downhill and turn in, and doesn’t seem to affect climbing – the bike doesn’t feel taller. It makes the bike feel like you can push it into rough stuff harder yet the back end never gets phased. A worthwhile improvement IMO.

iainc

The 2017 one is 120 front and 110 rear, a bit longer and lower than the previous incarnation (I had a 2015 SX). It’s an extremely able bike and I reach my limits before it does 🙂

stoddys
    Free Member

Going to 100 could be why I get more pedal strikes. I know they have low bb height, so setting the new forks to 120 will be great.
    Ps
    Sorry for the bell in the picture, some of my riding routes were where tourists walked so it was a nessary extra.

Nobby

My Anthem Advanced 27.5. Love it (almost) as much as my old ASR-SL which was my favouritest bike ever.

The carbon rims took a bit of getting used to as they’re as stiff as…

zippykona

Dallas 95 do you have a remote lock out on your shock?

dallas95
    Free Member

double post.

dallas95
    Free Member

Yes I do, it’s a Rock Shox monarch XX and it’s a bonus not having to reach down for the lock out lever on the shock. I have a dropper on mine too as I ride more trail than xc. I would recommend giving the dropper a try before selling as these bikes are a very capable trail bike, especially with wide rims and big tyres.

mountainman

Whats the fattest tyres n rims folks have managed. Mine will be 27.5 s. on Anthem 3 2017 model medium frame

iainc

Mine is on Nobby Nic 2.25’s with a lot of clearance. I think 2.35’s would fit. Stock carbon rims, 21mm

vongassit
    Free Member

WTB Trail Boss 2.4 on mine 27.5 (sorry not 2017)

richardthird

Yesterday…

Kryton57

The 2017 one is 120 front and 110 rear, a bit longer and lower than the previous incarnation

Would you be able to expand on that? I’ve dismissed the current longer legged model for racing (Marathon, backup XC) as I saw it as more “trail” geo than “race” hoping for a 100mm forked model.

Otherwise, I know of an offer Advanced that could conceivabley replace my 29er for a more modern geo although I kind of feel its not much of a change vs the money differential between sale & purchase.

iainc

^^^^ The new one is quiet different to the 2015/2016. As I said, I had a 2015 Sx, so 120 front and 100 rear. The new one is still 120 front, and rear now 110, however it has 34m stanchions, a much stiffer back end, and longer and lower without losing any of it’s xc and uphill pace :
    singletrack review

Kryton57

Just ran a straight Geo comparison with a Scott 920. Very similar Geo. I’d favour a 100mm fork, but even the Spark with that fork is only 0.5 degrees difference in the HA.

The big difference is in the remote lockouts, although running my Anthem 29er in Trail mode seems to not demand that.

So I’m merely musing, but how much does a 650b Anthem Advanced weigh? 😀

zippykona

Just put together to see if it fits. It does!
    13.5 kg with pedals on. Will lose the tubes and the dropper (that cable !!!!) to drop the weight a bit.
    The front wheel with axle is a few grams heavier than my 29 Hope Arch wheel tubeless. So they are not too shabby for OE.
    No nice pictures of it on a sun baked trail as it’s pissing down and dinner time.

loddrik
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/WCgHRhHhBAU[/video]

Kryton57

Is that the Alu one Zippy?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I had a 26 wheel advanced 2013 (I think) which I built for under £1K from a second hand frame. Loved it but sold it to a mate when I moved to 29ers. He still has it and uses it fairly regularly on xc rides.
    100mm front and 80mm rear but felt like more when you needed it. Compared it to riding a Star Wars speeder bike on Singletrack- just so fast
    Possibly in the market for a large 29er version if anyone is getting rid.
    Email in profile
    Cheers
    Steve

zippykona

Yep aluminium.
    I’m already out of my comfort zone with all the new fangled bits on this bike ,carbon would push me over the edge!

timb34
    Free Member

Giant now feverishly hoping that everyone forgets their graphs about how 27.5 is better than everything…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsorEPGqzos[/video]

Giant shifts back into big wheels with XC race focused Anthem 29

Kryton57

That new 29er satifies all my needs – aka my current bike with a revised HA and shorter stays. Nice.

Kryton57
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Want, for the first time in about ten years this is the bike I now covet.

zippykona

Surprised how little travel it has.

Kryton57

Want, for the first time in about ten years this is the bike I now covet.

Thats how i feel. Im getting one, one way or another.

Time to ramp up my sales commision 😀

DT78
    Free Member

me to, or a spark.

don’t like silly new hub dimension s though. means I wouldn’t be able to use my carbon wheelset

Kryton57

You won’t need to, those Anthems already come with a Carbon wheel set.

zippykona

An old duffers connection with modern bikes.
    Rode to work so that I can get to the bank later.
    First impressions it’s very quick. The rear suspension needs a lot of air in it. 230psi is a lot more pumping than 150. Anyway it works in a way that you don’t notice. Which is a good thing.
    The lock out works , praise the Lord. After a decade of being told we don’t need it and I very glad for its return.
    The lever is a long way away though.Might make the lever a bit longer then I could turn it off with my foot. Or I could try and use the dropper switch the make a remote.
    The dropper didn’t even make it out of the shed. There’s nothing that I ride regularly to make lugging it around worthwhile.
    The gear shifters are push for up and down. Very odd after shimano.
    Glad I’ve got the 10 tooth cassette as I think an 11 would spin out in no time.
    There’s a little lock sign on the rear mech which I thought I should read up on. My Google search reveals that it costs £129! It shifts alright but not that it deserves that price tag.
    The bars are massive and will disappear before the weekend and might reappear once the bushes die back.
    I had to read the instructions to work out how to tighten up maxles.
    Then the back one works different to the front.
    The rear hub makes a noise which is essential in alerting walkers. So the wheels might be staying. Shall see if the cassette gets stuck to the hub as per the other thread before buying better wheels.
    Not sure on the front nobby nick. Might just need getting used to and I’m not tubeless yet so running higher pressures.
    Down sides? I think it looks a bit dull where as mrs zip thinks I should peel the red stickers off.

daern
    Free Member

Went for a minimalist build on my wife’s Anthem:

It’s a good build. She’s had absolutely no problems with gears skipping or punctures. I can highly recommend it and it ticks all of the Weight Weenies tick boxes.

lazybike
    Free Member

Mind that skateboard…

daern
    Free Member

Mind that skateboard…

That’s the rear wheel, I’ll have you know…

RickDraper
    Free Member

Here is mine, its a great bike, feels spot on with the new longer geometry.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Wsm3uh]Untitled[/url] by rick.draper@btinternet.com, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Anthems.’ is closed to new replies.