Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Show me your Anthems.
  • zippykona

Shall be joining the ranks soon just waiting for my money to come through.
    In the mean time inspire me.

Kryton57

My 29er:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TW8WCT]FullSizeRender[/url]

You’re going to like it – its the SX you bought yes?

weeksy

After your thread the other day you ended up with the Mondeo of MTBs ?

matt_outandabout

zippykona

After your thread the other day you ended up with the Mondeo of MTBs ?

Yes I know I nearly hate myself.
    Inherited a bit of money and wanted this bike to be a memorial to them.
    That meant a long term keeper bike which really means an Orange.
    Even a cheap Orange comes with rubbish bits and no bottle mount.
    Would have got a Segment but my nice wheels won’t fit.
    Would have got a Whyte but a £2500 bike will be going for £1500 next year plus it’s heavy and won’t take my wheels.
    Which leaves the Anthem. Light , takes a bottle is already discounted and cheap enough meaning it doesn’t have to be a keeper.
    The remaining inheritance will be used on a family holiday.
    I get a bike and a holiday. 😀

tall_martin

Good choice!

chum3
    Free Member

I loved my 29er Anthem until I killed the frame riding it on terrain that was a probably outside the ‘design envelope’. I nearly killed my face at the same time, but the only reason I was riding there at all was because it’s such a capable bike, especially with a 1.5 degree angleset and 120mm forks… Was having too much fun and didn’t give a drop enough respect.

I replaced it with a Tallboy C, so no pics, but happy memories and a thumbs up…

Kryton57

My Anthem 29er with 120mm forks is the reason I can’t justify a new bike. Its a fantastic bike and the pedalling platform suits me. A 120mm Reba made it even better. It just works, well.

I’m sure you’ve going to be pleased OP

iainc

2017 Anthem 1. Absolutely love it, have had a variety of FS bikes over the past 20 yrs and this one is my favourite so far. Swopped out saddle to an ISM (medical history), dropper to a Fox Transfer with Wolftooth, grips, rear tyre. Came with tubeless valves and tape so went tubeless after first ride

matt_outandabout

I get a bike and a holiday.

Good call.

Nice bikes IMO.

hols2
    Free Member

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Here’s mine.2013 bike bought new in 2015.I think it cost £1300.I took my old Enduro to Les Arcs with the money I saved.
    Triple on the front,26″ wheels,I’ve got some 120 fox forks to fit at some stage..

heavy_rat
    Free Member

anyone guess the location?

forks currently with Mojo due to no damping 🙁

birky
    Free Member

dyls

Giant anthem 1 27.5

tpbiker
    Free Member

I had a 26er..it was awesome, genuinely best bike I ever owned. Sold it foolishly to fund a super light weight hard tail and after one ride regretted it.

Considered buying a 29er version last year but could not find the carbon version cheap enough and got offered a great deal on a asrc instead.

Go for it.. Not flash and common as muck, but they are common for a reason.. They are ace. Only draw back is they aren’t the lightest if thats a priority.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I bought one as a frameset in 2007, built up pretty lightweight, rode it for years.

Superb bike, just wants to be flat out.

I still have it – though rarely ride it now as at 47 I prefer something a little less ‘energetic’ and, truth be told, the 2007 version is a bit steep at the front. It’s still great for bombing up and down the Ridgeway though

I’ll not get rid of it

vongassit
    Free Member

I love my Anthem 2 also , it’s a 2015 & I bought it last year for £1174 , upped the forks to 120mm , fitted a dropper & 180 front disc (now warped). I like the light weight & the super quick steering but the front does get quite tucky on the loose stuff. Gonna try a shorter stem next, but now my Cove is up & running it will get a break from the tougher stuff.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

I’ll try mine agin:

The forks are knackered and currently with Mojo. Other than that it’s all the bike i need and want

andrewreay

Not an SX, but still an incredible bike that is the fastest thing I’ve ever ridden.

iainc

The current one is a quite different ride, proper long, slow, slack, but still light and fast. I am biased, but I do think it’s a grand bike 😀

weeksy

Good work Zippy 🙂 i was only yanking your chain a bit 😉

angeldust
    Free Member

Giant really should have a Anthem carbon 29er in the UK. I’m sure it would sell well if the price mirrored the rest of the range. In fact, Giant must be under increasing pressure to do a u-turn on there half arsed approach to 29ers.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Mine all mud guarded up doing the West highland way.

29er anthem x. Bought from Paul’s cycles for about 1300 all gears and brakes changed to xt with a reverb fitted. Great bike fast as **** on anything non technical. Rode devils staircase fine too.

Kryton57

Giant really should have a Anthem carbon 29er in the UK.

The new one should be launched soon, it’d be good to see it here.

cp

If I only had one bike, it would be the Anthem 29er. Superb!

emac65
    Free Member

Got a frame replacement last year after cracking my nearly 5yr old well used & abused Anthem(Big up to Giant, replaced within a week just off a picture of the crack).Built it up, rode it once, put all the bits on a h/tail & haven’t looked at it since. Might put it back together again soon…….
    Trouble is, this darn fat bike is just toooo much fun to ride & is stopping me riding any other bike I own 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I recently bought the Anthem Advance 1 and OMG it is the BOMB!!! Too stupid to add pictures to this thread I’m afraid .. or they aren’t in photo bucket so not sure how else you can add them.

It is insanely light, handles so nicely and just looks awesome!

zippykona

The button has been pressed and I am the most impatient person in the world.
    I also have next Tuesday off,lets guess what day it will arrive!

zer0cool
    Free Member

Ive got a 2012 26′ Anthem and its a brilliant bike. I’ve test rode some new bikes recently, Trek, Bird etc, nice bikes but cant think they offered much more than the trusty Anthem. I’d really like to give one of the 29ers a go. I think Anthems suit my riding and might stick with them.

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

heavy_rat – Member

anyone guess the location?

Cleeve Hill overlooking Cheltenham.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Cleeve Hill overlooking Cheltenham

Very well done Stig 😀

richardthird

Riding a 120mm forked 2013 frame now, the ’12 Large frame is in the classifieds 😉

Here it is being awesome in the Deux Alpes bike park 😀

richardthird

Here’s the 2013 26″ 120mm a bit closer to home

Who said heavy? Reverb, Monkey/Smorg, 1×10, M520s, 11.9kgs.
    Crests on Hope XC3 help here but it ain’t heavy!

wildc4rd
    Free Member

Few bits non standard, but even if 26″ isn’t cool now, its still a great bike!

DT78
    Free Member

Had an 26er X1 orange and White, 2015 I think? Great bike, really liked it sold it to fund a carbon 29er hard tail for racing, a scale which is also awesome. Hopefully next year I will be in a position to have a full subs again, and it will either be an anthem 29er or a spark. Great bikes. Can’t see why you need more travel tbh unless you are a regular at bpw and the like

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

bought new in 2015.I think it cost £1300

I just checked how much I paid for mine,£979.99.Bargain! 😆

LukeHurst
    Free Member

My 650b converted to 1×10 for xc racing. Love this bike. Perfect for xc and will take on big stuff too.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I built this Anthem X up in February and finally took it out on its maiden voyage this week. 26″ wheels, 27 speed, still doing the job nicely. Sub 25lbs too.

dallas95
    Free Member

My 2015 Anthem 1. This has 120mm SID’s and 1x 11 gears. Super fast everywhere and a great all-rounder. It’s my third Anthem. I love these bikes!

[/url]IMG_1928 by Paul Harrison, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Anthems.’ is closed to new replies.