Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Show me your adventure bikes
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BmvZ2t]20150530_151533[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Fortitude with a Rohloff and SP Dyno hub.

I love it, but its about to start evolving into something with bigger tyre capability.

iainc

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Another Jones. Riding the Pacific Coast Highway in 2014.

And my Vaya Ti, it’s not been on any adventures yet though.

montgomery
    Free Member
    jameso

A real classic there ^

xyeti
    Free Member

That is excellent, monty is that you ?

I had one of those exact same bikes in 1987. Team replica though mine with the 18-23 tubing,

I saved up for it myself with my paper round money and I rode it everywhere (Local) it never ventured off the British Isles but it was my pride and joy.

montgomery
    Free Member

That is excellent, monty is that you?

In the picture?! No, that’s Richard and Nick Crane. I posted the book up because it’s my favourite cycling book – a true adventure, read it if you haven’t already. I remembered it yesterday because I was thinking how the Cranes’ ‘Running the Himalayas’ was everything that the current Levison Wood TV series isn’t.

Rustychain
    Free Member

This site always gets my juices flowing…

http://www.pbase.com/canyonlands/fullyloaded

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How are you finding them? Current top choice for Paris Roubaix.

They’re awesome. Ridiculously hard to fit fresh out of the box, fine since. They feel fast, and supple, really good grip on all surfaces bar wet leaf mould. Cutting up a little bit on Hampshire/Wiltshire flints. However, find me a tyre that can grip on wet leaf mould and handle he flints of doom.

In summary, they’re lovely.

samuri
    Free Member

“Paule, thanks, I will take you up on the offer of assistance. Mostly in the form of route guidance around the back of Liverpool towards Halewood as this area seems to be a bit misguided, spoke to a few people recently ALL of whom got lost in that same area.

We looked at the route and made the decision that we could definitely do it in 20 hrs, Man maths dictates when we actually get on the ground we can achieve it in 30. It looks a cracking route and mostly off road.

I think I’ll start a seperate thread”

xyeti, I’m happy to provide advice too if you need it. I know the TPT well along most of it’s route, particularly on the Liverpool side, happy to help. I don;t come here often though so email me on samur2@hotmail.com if you want specific info. Personally I’d say the Halewood section is easy, it’s the Aintree bit that catches most people out.

scandal42
    Free Member

And there was me enjoying the recent offering from Levison.

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Show me your adventure bikes’ is closed to new replies.