Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Show me your 69ers……….please :-)
  • letmetalktomark

Okay here it is, no money to buy a 29'' 🙁 bike and sadly I'm going to have to put my Sirius order off for a while 🙁 😥 , but in the interim I want to tinker…. 😈

The plan is to try a 69er rebuild with my trusty Kona. I have a fork that will take a 29'' wheel with a 2.2'' tyre (just need a wheel now 🙄 ) but I need some inspiration and thoughts..

Floor is open folks 😆

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Well, I bought one of these a few weeks back from Evans (their last one I think):

Lovin it so far!

JRTG
    Free Member

oooo mine is nearly re-built, niner forks as well! i'll post the pics when my front wheel arrives tom night.

Atomizer

Here you go. Not everyone's cup of tea…

Woody
    Free Member

Atomizer

Definately my cup of tea……and nice to see a bike that has actually been in mud [thumbs up]

Sam

What fork are you using? Generally you need something with quite a bit of offset to work well as a 26" conversion.

Bat1
    Free Member

Bernaard
    Free Member

Wrong wrong wrong. IMO that is

Bat1
    Free Member

Bernaard – Member
    Wrong wrong wrong. IMO that is

Why there Great!!!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I tried a 69er set up with an old orange p7 and a pair of rc31 forks – It looked as big 'n' ugly as Bat1's pic.

You must need a step to get up there.

That singular looks lovely though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Can anyone actually tell me the point of running 69, baffles me, I can see the +/- of a 29er but 69er ❓

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

69er – Big wheel at the front rolls over little trail bumps easily like a 29er. Back wheel spins up quickly and easily like a 26er.

grant

EBB Inbred 69er with 440mm RC31's up front.

Sam

Back wheel spins up quickly and easily like a 26er.

For mine it's less about 'spinning up the wheel' than it is about shorter chainstays and ability to lift the front of the bike for a smaller rider. The 'stature challenged' amongst us are unable to move their centre of gravity as far as taller folks. So it's more feasible to get weight over the back of a 26" rear wheel than 29.

Keef
    Free Member

69ers are also a cheap an easy way to see if you like big wheels without buying a new frame…….

rOcKeTdOg

WCA's Carver is stoopid light, i've had a carpark blast on it

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Please stop posting pictures of that bike Sam, its bad enoug that I have to see it each time I open the latest copy of The Ride. The family will simply not understand why the Christmas fund is now set aside for a bike frame.

firestarter
    Free Member

Farticus

Almost the ideal commuter – bar the tensioner. Now Fubar'd fitting an EBB 😥

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 69ers……….please :-)’ is closed to new replies.