Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Show me your 650B enduro type bikes!
  • tomhoward

why is the Santa Cruz so popular ?

Cuz dey iz da orsumz.

AlexSimon

And because they were quite early to the the 650b table

stewartc
    Free Member

Enjoying the ride except for two minor issues, rubbish cable routing (without frame protection in place you will saw the seat tube off after a few rides!) and no where sensible to put a bottle.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bedfordrd

But bottles are so *not* #Enduro…! 😀 Camelbak FTW!

mangoridebike

Plastic Stumpy (PixUp) by Chris_Read_3, on Flickr

pic from its first ride, a few changes mde to it now but I’m very happy with it. It keeps demanding that I ride faster and faster, uphill and down 🙂

downhilldave

Here’s mine:

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

But bottles are so *not* #Enduro…! Camelbak FTW!

Bottles are way more Enduro™ than a backpack. Almost as Enduro as having an inner tube taped to your TT.

Potdog
    Free Member

@bedfordrd – It’s a fantastic bit of kit and no paintwork to worry about which is a BIG bonus over here 🙂

droppinneutron
    Free Member

Hey I got one of them blue bikes too! (but without fancy wheels…)
    Also fitted #Enduro SWAT bottle cage, fancy little tool thing and headset chain tool – thats #Enduro

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nZoS1i]IMG_3688[/url] by droppin-neutron, on Flickr

DezB
    Free Member

I must say, this looks like a full sus thread from a few years back, just with fancier colours.
    (Apart from that Giant on page 1, what a hideous thing that is).

maxtorque

downhilldave
    Here’s mine:

Maximum wantage! How you getting on with the EI??

downhilldave

Hi MaxT, the Ei is fantastic. I have had a couple of problems, so here goes. Had a new head unit under warranty, but also had Pike problems and rear wheel problems. Every thing has been sorted by my Lbs 🙂 The Pike problems are well known, rear wheel bearings were pretty rough. New rear wheel supplied by Sram via Lbs. Result, as it was dinged as well, don’t ask. Head unit, electrical things do fail. Enough of the problems, had a very nice 5 spot before and the Spicy is head and shoulders better. It climbs very well,you only notice what the shock is doing if you look at the head unit. Down hill is another matter, it’s SO easy and secure. That’s why I managed to ding the rim Twice 🙄 Waiting on the Debonair upgrade which should make it even better.Where do you you live, more than willing to let you have a ride as demos are hard to find. Glad you like it :mrgreen:

maxtorque

Unfortunately nowhere near West Yorkshire ;-( (Northanptonshire)

I’d love to demo it against my mechanically suspended “spicy-a-lised” 160mm CCDbair/Pike RCT3 Zesty 714 and see if i could spot the effects of the EI!

I do find my Lapierre generally reliable, but you CAN’T skimp on proper / regular maintenance, especially after wet/muddy rides, but i could see heavier/rougher riders than I finding it a bit too fragile.

Rickos
    Free Member

What no Ariels?

matther01
    Free Member

Droppin – did you buy the door or bike first to match each other? 😉

rossfinegan
    Free Member

Downhilldave.
    Nice saddle? The wall needs re pointing.

therag
    Free Member

Still not worked out how to post a pic from my phone, but this should link to my new build.
    http://pbckt.com/pf.Jw6trH

AlexSimon

Here you go therag:

Looks ace!

gaz552
    Free Member

Didn’t expect the new Nomad to be so popular on here. Very slack and very expensive (no ALU options) and they seem like a mini downhill bike/freeride bike (though freeride bikes don’t really seem to exist anymore).

@Redbus How’s the Capra so far? I won’t have me Capra Comp until mid august… 😐

tomhoward

Didn’t expect the new Nomad to be so popular on here. Very slack and very expensive (no ALU options) and they seem like a mini downhill bike/freeride bike

Comparable weight to a lot of ‘trail’ bikes (mines 29lbs), and pedals/climbs just as well, if not betterer.

I’d put money on there being an alu one being released once the carbon sales start to slow down, but it doesnt seem that that will happen any time soon.

gaz552
    Free Member

I’d love to demo one of those new nomads but would be annoyed if it turned out to be better than the YT Capra I’ve been waiting months for. (Actually maybe not that annoyed due to the price difference between them)

More on topic; I saw an Intense Tracer 275 the other week, look rather nice in person.

Redbus
    Free Member

Capra is missus’. I’ve not ridden it yet but she is very happy and is instantly quicker on it over her old wicked160. It’s just over 29 lb out of the box which is fairly impressive considering the burly components. The wheels come with tubes in but the tubeless valves come in the box.

The suspension seems super plush. You can pick the bike up and drop it and it doesnt bounce at all like a dh bike.

Sizing seems a bit bigger compared with the old wicked160 on the reach.

gaz552
    Free Member

@Redbus I played it safe and ordered the Comp version with RS Pike and Monarch rather than the BOS stuff, just in case something goes wrong with them. Saying that I could see myself being tempted to get a CaneCreek DBairCS to replace the monarch at some point.

therag
    Free Member

Cheers alexsimon, I’ll learn how to do it one day, or get a better phone.

euanc
    Free Member

My Cube, before and after the EWS!

tomhoward

Ok I’ll bite,

Why do you have a branch taped to your down tube?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Did the frame break?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Rock guard?

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t you lot tape an EnduroStick to your downtubes when racing?

Amateurs!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

A mate had one of those 650b Cube’s when we when to the Sierra Nevada’s a while back. He got rid of it after and went back to a 26″ Mojo HD…

euanc
    Free Member

Yeah I had a wee crash at the end of stage 2 on the Sunday and snapped the downtube, thanks to the stick and some cable ties I was able to finish though!

tomhoward

😯

You finished the whole lot with some foliage taped to that?! 😯

Growing tired of the mortal coil are we??

chakaping
    Free Member

I think this word gets over-used, but…

Chapeau!

droppinneutron
    Free Member

Firstly– respect to Euanc that is awesome!

The nomad does seem slack on paper (hardly different to a capra though) but it does seem to work and it climbs a load better than the old nomad, which isn’t maybe sayin too much but it’s what I was used to. Downhill it doesn’t plough like a downhill bike (I have the monarch) but it does feel very different to the old nomad due to the extra length.

I think a lot of bikes are going to go longer travel and longer wheelbase

tomaso
    Free Member

Trail side fix of the year!

honourablegeorge

droppinneutron – Member

The nomad does seem slack on paper (hardly different to a capra though) but it does seem to work and it climbs a load better than the old nomad,

I don’ think slack necessarily means a bike is a bad climber – my 65° Nicolai climbs miles better than the 67° Spicy it replaced. Seat angle is far more important, IMO.

euanc
    Free Member

You finished the whole lot with some foliage taped to that?!

Growing tired of the mortal coil are we??

Well I took the next stage easy to gauge the extent of the damage but it seemed ok for the last one so was able to enjoy stage 4 more, the frame is on its way to HQ Fibre Products to get repaired so we shall see how that goes.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Not sure if you can post from Instagram. The Basque enduro bike, an Orbea Rallon! Long, low and slack.

Nope, can’t get it to work on the mobile! If you follow the link you will see, that’s a bearded eagle / quebrantahueso in the picture too.

Orbea Rallon

timbo678
    Free Member

Ouch on the cube, I have the same bike and my bottom pivot has ovalled (sp) off in the frame which is very bad times!

Thinking of changing the frame now….loving that Nicolai!

Goldigger
    Free Member

@euanc How did you snap the frame ? Jump or hit something ?
    Is the down tube box section tube or solid ?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 650B enduro type bikes!’ is closed to new replies.