Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Show me your 2015 Alps / Holiday bike.
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Everyone loves a show thread, so let’s see what your shredding on in 2015.

Tracey

Go on then. Four weeks tomorrow for three and a half weeks. Cant wait.

maxtorque

It’s a rather nice afternoon here, so my 2015 Alps Bike build starts here:

Only change to last years spec is a set of Saint 4 pots at each end.

😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Exactly the same as my 2012 Alps bike which sadly was the last time I went. Looking forward to the trip, might even be this weekend – all last minute

woodster

Marin
    Free Member

No pics but I’m going on Friday!

oliverracing

Not your typical gnar shredding bike, but should be an awesome trip (geneva-morzine-chamonix-tignes-briancon via a rough version on gr5 in 6/7 days)

chrism110
    Free Member

no pics here either but i to am going friday!

coogan
    Free Member

Same as last years. Pivot Mach 6.

superfli
    Free Member

Got to wait until September, but somewhere a little different – Slovenia

– not the red bike 🙂

flibrose
    Free Member

Superfli. Can I ask you, is the green paint on your Banshee fading? Mine has faded on the top tube due to being kept in conservatory. Sorry for thread hijack, if that,s what it’s called

singlespeedstu

Woop woop.
    Only a few days until my first trip of the year. 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/soLVg2]Mast.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

craig5

Tracy, where did you get the tyres on that first enduro? Are they eskar’s? Not been able to get them in ages

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s more of an everything bike, rather than an Alps/Holiday special.

It may make it out there yet for a long weekend before some extended Canadian action though 🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

^Loving that Reign^

I’ll be on my Covert with some nice new ‘Zocchis and a massive grin!

Tracey

Tyres on the first Enduro and the Stumpjumper are 2.3 Enduros. The other Enduro is on Butcher/Purgatory combo. We are running two sets of Escars on our Chameleons but dont rate them as much as the other Specialized ones we are running. Still have a few pairs of the Enduros left which are by far my favorites.
    Dont think you can get Escars now.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Taking my old 2005 Enduro to Les Arcs next month.
    Wrong size wheels & probably the wrong geometry but I enjoyed a couple of holidays at Morzine with it in the past 😀

honourablegeorge

Can the Reign be had frame only, Hob Nob?

Like it, but the spec on the complete bike is all wrong for me, I’d want to change everything

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Taking this wee beasty up to Morzine in July, cannot wait!

timidwheeler

We are also going Friday 🙂
    Can’t wait.

iolo
    Free Member

I’m currently in the Alps.

superfli
    Free Member

Superfli. Can I ask you, is the green paint on your Banshee fading?

No its not fading. It might look it from the photo, but it must be the light.

andermt
    Free Member

Switchback Unveil9 for my trip to Saalbach/Hinterglem in August. May put some more sensible (i.e. stronger) wheels on for the trip.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q61hPA]Switchback Unveil9[/url] by Mark, on Flickr

BoardinBob

Taking my Canyon DH bike and my Nukeproof Mega. Arrive on July 5th for two weeks. Since I discovered at the weekend that my scumbag of a wife has been having an affair behind my back, I’m going on my own so if anyone else is in town give me a shout so I’m not Billy No Mates!

rickmeister

[url=https://flic.kr/p/px8DmA]P1190691[/url] by Andrea, on Flickr

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

my Chilli – in Valais recently

stewartc
    Free Member

No Alps for me, bit too far, but back to Chiang Mai in August as I enjoyed it so much in April, maybe do a long stretch in Europe or New Zealand next year.

My trusty Mach6 seems to do the job.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

oh how Superman has changed! 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Since I discovered at the weekend that my scumbag of a wife has been having an affair behind my back, I’m going on my own so if anyone else is in town give me a shout so I’m not Billy No Mates!

Sorry to hear. Where will you be ? I was planning on being in Chamonix and Verbier from this weekend but trip has been pushed back to early July.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Can the Reign be had frame only, Hob Nob?

Like it, but the spec on the complete bike is all wrong for me, I’d want to change everything

Unfortunately not.

I’m lucky in that I have a friend who owns a Giant store, so it actually worked out well, after i’d flogged everything. The numbers wouldn’t stack up otherwise.

I think the only parts left of the original build on mine are the frame, headset & seat clamp 🙂

ahsat

First Alps trip for us. We will be taking my Spitfire

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ryTkgQ]IMAG0020_1_2[/url] by Tasha, on Flickr

And p20’s 301

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mCvjRX]Liteville 301[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Though its currently getting new rims

BoardinBob

Where will you be

Morzine but was planning a day trip to somewhere like Chamonix at some point

smatkins1
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uMoJsj]Bronson[/url]

My Bronson will be getting it’s Alpine christening this year. Can’t wait 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Not alps but I’m gonna try and do a long weekend with Ride Portugal nearer autumn time with this. After I’ve got longer hoses.

mick_r

Need to find a new venue as our Austrian hotel booking (Ischgl area) was trashed by a landslip last week 🙁 Plenty more Alps to choose from I guess.

This year’s concession to gnar is a 120 fork (20mm increase) and a dropper post on my 29er hardtail……..

julians
    Free Member

No pics,but taking my orbea rallon to Portugal in October.

matt_outandabout

The same ones we always use – Sanderson Breath, Cannondale f900sl, Specilialized Rockhopper, Claud Butler Cape Wrath and Islabike Beinn 26.
    They all have some new brake pads though…

moniex
    Free Member

My youngest will be using his knolly (Molly) again this year, other bikes being (re-) built at the moment.

Simone

kayla1
    Free Member

No holiday for us, self-employment is great and all but there’s not much scope for time off! I am, however, nailing a 2009 Commencal Supreme 6 together in time for the last round of the Gravity Project Honey Series DH in a few weeks’ time 😀

mcobie
    Free Member

First ride out this morning – very quick! Two weeks on Saturday it’ll take me around La Marmotte…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 2015 Alps / Holiday bike.’ is closed to new replies.