Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Show me your 20" Bluepigs
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Im looking to replace my aged & abused XL sized Chameleon, Im 6'6" and the cham fits me well and offers plenty of standover but more importantly dosen't look too gate like because of its dropped top tube.

Its a toss up between a Transition Transam, an Evil Sov, a 2010BFE or a Bluepig-no more aluminium. The Bluepig ticks all the right boxes apart from possibly looking a bit gate like from the ones I've seen on the Ragley readers rides bit, hence anyone having a pic of their 20" incher to help me decide.

ton

here goe's mate.
    a 20'' pig and a 6ft4 bloke….

RustyNissanPrairie

Thanks Ton

Brant why couldnt you have dropped the toptube a bit so it didnt look like an old school XC bike? The 16" and 18"'s 'look right'

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The new Evil Sovereign looks more like a gate. Buy a bike with 29inch wheels instead if your 6foot6

ton

i was gonna say that.
    my chumba is a 20'' frame, but with it being a 29r the frame looks not so gate like….

RustyNissanPrairie

budget dosnt allow for a complete 29er change-only a frame mentioned above.

brant
    Free Member

why couldnt you have dropped the toptube a bit so it didnt look like an old school XC bike?

Which end would you want dropping? Is it the lack of "angle" on the top tube?

RustyNissanPrairie

yes Brant, the lack of a dropped toptube. I dont like running extremely long seatpost extensions, I'd rather have the seattube there to support it but also have enough crotch clearance for slow almost trials stuff and also for a bit of asthetics, allthough there are probably sound design reasons why you didnt allready do it.

However im comparing the Bluepig to my existing Chameleon and the BFE with their 'dropped' toptubes, and the Transition and Evil both with their DialledBikes-Alpine style dropped and braced toptubes.

Like I say the 16 and 18's 'look right' because they're small and squat, and look like a bike I could batter the absolute crap out of……apart from the fact they're too small. The 20" dosnt though-it looks a bit old school XC-ish if that makes sense?

RustyNissanPrairie

anymore pictures of 20" Bluepigs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 20" Bluepigs’ is closed to new replies.