Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show me your: 1×9/10 setups
  • will
    Free Member

Everybody likes a picture thread don’t they?

So lets see your 1×9 0r 1×10 sets ups. I’m currently converting mine, so keen to see what other are using etc… Also, have you ever felt like you’ll spin out?

dan77
    Free Member

Here’s my 1×10,

11-36T cassette and 34T chainring, only on a steep road descent at the end of a ride have I missed having a big ring, haven’t really missed the granny ring at all yet,

messiah
    Free Member

Needs a proper full chainguide as I’ve had the chain bounce off and/or jam a few times on the gnarly stuff I love riding.

The same set up worked fine on this more pedestrian build.

I’ve not run a big ring for years so don’t miss that, and lack of a granny may limit where I can take this bike ultimately but I’ve not had that problem yet… just add more grunting and gurning.

Two pics for the price of one… do I get a prize?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

1×9 no worry about spinning out it was 36×9 (11-34

Only worry was getting trousers to fit properly when the legs got bigger (oh and uphill)

will
    Free Member

Good to hear 🙂 I’ve opted for the Hope ring up front too, but in 36T flavour.

Superficial
    Free Member

You might spin out occasionally on flat/slightly downhill roads if you’re racing but unless you go to a 44t chainring you’re always gonna get that. Don’t worry about it.

kiwijohn

ps, where’s that trail Mike?

letmetalktomark

1 x 8 😉

deanfbm
    Free Member

E13 LG1+, 32t chainring, 11-36 cassette. Gets me up whatever i want to, only spun out once when out the saddle sprinting at a big jump. Bike is used for proper DH tracks too, no spin out occasions there. On road sections, i go at the same speed as friends with a double no problem. Who sprints their heart out on a road or fire road section anyway?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

End of the Montazuma falls track John, you still in Hobart? Back in Launceston now. In need of some riding

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Now with chain guide fitted after I kept dropping the chain. Would go for 34T instead of 33T if I did it all over again…

1 x 10 Anthem Eliptical by

takisawa2

My old Inbred, last summer…

IMAG0524 by pten2106, on Flickr

SLX kit, Superstar XCR chainguide. Worked fine. Didnt feel like I ran out of gears. Much prefer singlespeed though.

Havent run geared on the SIR9 yet.

colournoise

BFe.
    SRAM PG970 11-34 cassette (9spd).
    X9 short cage deraillueur.
    SRAM PC991 (I think) chain.
    Blackspire 34T unramped chainring.
    Raceface Ride AM cranks and bashring.
    Superstar Plasma chain device.
    SRAM X9 twist shifter.

slainte ➡ rob

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show me your: 1×9/10 setups’ is closed to new replies.