Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show me you garage storage
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

Hi all,

Recently moved into a new house and have a decent sized garage to play with. I’ve boarded out the loft to get ride of the junk and am now on the hunt for storage for both tool and the bikes. N+1 stopped at two but like the idea of the topeak one up rack and newage bold garage cabinets. Any alternatives are welcome especially on the bike storing front.

frankconway

Gear Up

mcnultycop

Advertise what you have available for theives to steal on the internet.

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Advertise what you have available for theives to steal on the internet.

Very useful!!! to be honest I could probably piece together more info about what bikes people have by looking through their posting history if I was that way inclined I’m not so constructive comments please.

Does the gear up hanger go to larger tyres say to 2.4’s Frankconway??

benpinnick

Don’t have any pics but I bought a decent size bit of timber, bolted to the wall with a few big bolts, and added half a dozen cheapy red rubberized hooks. The kind that are £2/3 a pair. Job done. You can spend lots but to be honest you’ll gain nothing IMHO. They could take any bike, any tyre size, all hanging nicely to lube your forks for the next ride 🙂

takisawa2

I’ve gone with an organic approach…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XcxhVm]Needs tidying[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Brilliant, I’ve currently gone half way, not full organic at the moment one bike lives in a work stand. But every time the wife ventures out to the garage she passes comment.

The obvious answer would be to not let her near it.

Insistently does anyone have any NewAge bold cabinets if so what do you think of them they are fairly reasonable from Costco.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have a sheffield hoop for the big bike as that is of the greatest value.

The rest are on Pedal brackets with little tabs for the wheels to sit on.

Cheap as chips http://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/home-storage/bike-store-pedalo?ret=42

joebristol

No pictures but I’ve just got my bikes on one side of the garage all together.

More concerned about security so have 2 ground anchors (one in the ground one in the wall) with several large sold secure gold chains around 3 out the 4 bikes.

In terms of tool / general garage storage whilst I’d like some whizzy new tool cabinets etc I’ve made do with some old kitchen cabinets on several walls and built a work bench which I’ve then put shelves in below which hasn’t cost much to do.

Bregante

My commuter/cx bike lives in the garage floor or attached to the turbo. The road bike and mountain bike are on the tow bar mounted bike rack rack which is hung high up on the garage wall above my trailer.

ajantom

The rest are on Pedal brackets with little tabs for the wheels to sit on.

Is it a good idea to side load pedal bearings like this? I would assume they’re designed for rotational forces not side to side force.

kraken2345
    Free Member

The pedal and bb bearings will have some load placed on them laterally when you ride anyway as you lean the bike when pedaling or turning

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ve used these guys:

Garageflex

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show me you garage storage’ is closed to new replies.