Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Show me yer RM Blizzards
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Ta.

corroded
    Free Member

I’ll go first then:

Currently residing on p48937 of the classifieds in a speculative sort of way.

noteeth
    Free Member

Nice.

I’ve got an 07 frame waiting to be built up. I just needed some inspiration…

corroded
    Free Member

At first I thought the top tube would be a bit short (I’m 6’1) but it’s perfect on twisty singletrack.

corroded
    Free Member

Is the 07 when they introduced silver and black? Makes component choices a bit easier.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Absolutely love every single minute on the Blizzard!

😀

noteeth
    Free Member

Is the 07 when they introduced silver and black?

Yup – though I kinda miss the traditional black n’ white. The 07 and 08 frames seem to have the same colour scheme. New ’09 blue and white is nice – more glacial, as it were.

I’m a shade under 6′ and normally ride a Bontrager… all the Rockies I’ve owned/tried seem quite “short” (in a good way). Can’t wait to get it built up.

noteeth
    Free Member

Ah, great pics, WhatafackinLiberty! 😀

corroded
    Free Member

Yes, I love every second riding mine. Borrowed one out in Canada and made an impulse purchase as soon as I got back. But being tempted by a bit more travel on the front – currently got 100mm Rebas and I’m considering a frame like an Evil Sovereign. Probably something I’ll regret. Are the newer Blizzards OK for 120mm?

noteeth
    Free Member

Are the newer Blizzards OK for 120mm?

Not sure on that count – was planning to run 100mm or so on mine. It doesn’t look like the geometry has changed for ’09.

corroded
    Free Member

That’s what I thought. Can’t imagine any more than 100mm on mine.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I love my Blizzard.

This pic is deceptive and makes it look a bit high at the front. I think the back wheel is slightly further away than the front one.

noteeth
    Free Member

it look a bit high at the front

Nah, it looks great! Lovely sloping downtube.

Thanks all – cheered up my monday no end. 😀

bikemonkey
    Free Member

BTW the Rocky Mountain Hammer frame and forks (and heaset, seatpost, f mech and v-brake) in the background are now for sale.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Show me yer RM Blizzards’ is closed to new replies.