Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Show me ya Cannondale prophets and…
  • Baldysquirt

Unfortunately I can’t find any of those left. So it’s either the 2009 2 or 3, or I top up to get the new 1.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

get the 2 and upgrade

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what size do you need – small or medium at a guess?

Baldysquirt

From the last time I swung a leg over one, a medium would probably be best, but I’d have to check.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

a medium was a tiny bit too small at 6ft 1 – you are a lot smaller than me

Baldysquirt

As I say, I’d have to check. The small has no more stand over than the medium, it is a just an inch shorter in the top tube

walleater

Bristolsurfer, aye the shock does feel pretty stiff even with the floodgate totally backed off, but I want the bike to ride more like a hardtail that will take big hits so I think I’ll give it a go. I also want to keep the head angle as slack as possible and I’m not sure what after market shocks are the same length (possibly loads but I’ve not looked. I’d read somewhere that many coil shocks are slightly longer so you run the bike in the 65.5 setting to match the original 67.5 setting, but I don’t want to do that. If that makes any sense at all….).

lovewookie

My Old Prophet, large, 2006 dual air pikes and around the 27lb area.

pretty light for what it was.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

waaleater – any fox shock will be ok – need a 200 i2i and a 50mm stroke. Got a fox DHX coil here with a ti spring (suitable for a 11.5stone rider) £180 posted if ya want – great shock to be honest. Its on mine in post 1

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lovewookie – htf is that 27lb when mine is 4lbs heavier with a similar spec (minus the seatpost?) – is yours filled with helium??

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

Bristolsurfer, aye the shock does feel pretty stiff even with the floodgate totally backed off, but I want the bike to ride more like a hardtail that will take big hits so I think I’ll give it a go.

Let me know if you want another for backup – got one sitting on the shelf! Tim Flooks was cursing them as they are not serviceable beyond a standard air can lube 🙁

walleater

Thanks guys. I’ll give the bike a good thrashing and see whether I like the shock or not.

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

just about finished, need a longer stem now tho 😐

medium frame
    lefty max
    Xt rapid rise rear mech
    LX e-fit front mech
    deore shifting
    Truvativ crank set
    truvativ giga BB
    eggbeater c’s
    Hope Mono M4 brakes, 180/160 fr/rr with dangerboy levers
    Hope rear skewer and seat clamp
    FSA finishing
    Spesh bodygeometry seat
    bell 😀
    and some mud 😉

Kuco

Not got a pic off mine but it’s a small 08 MX with the pearl shock which isn’t brilliant but still going strong
    Mazzochi ATA2 55’s
    Diablous crank with E13 bash gaurd blackspire chainrings
    XT brakes
    X7 rear mech X9 shifters
    SDG I beam post and saddle
    Hope hoops for XC rims or the original wheels and maxxis tyres when messing about dh’ing
    Thompson stem and Easton EA70 Monkey bar.

Not exactly light weight but not heavy either. I use it for all day riding to messing about down-hilling. I keep looking at new bikes but keep looking at the prophet and it does what I want and can’t see the point of changing it.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Here is my updated prophet – lost the white stem and swapped for black. And the crowning glory (imo) the white Pikes 🙂

More here

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Just a quick query – anyone with an RP23 on there prophet – what volume is the air can?

lovewookie

RR, ,mine had a smattering of Ti bolts, monkeylites, AmClassic/rev’s/717’s wheels, it all adds up.

as far as I remember, it was just over 27lb on my ebaytastic fish scales.

I added a lefty max to it, which increased the weight a bit…

and made it ride badly.

🙁

Those same fish scales suggested that a similar setup on my Rush, was just shy of 26lb.

They are now broken….

seanoc
    Free Member

No titanium bolts, no carbon bars, no carbon seatpost…..sub 27lb on both sets of scales, scales measure a cast 20lb weight with a 1% accuracy so I’m fairly confident the weight is kosher.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/35661974@N04/3299235781/in/photostream/[/img]

Probably not sub 27lb..

Put together a couple of weeks ago, running a 190mm i2i Swinger 4-Way modified to 44mm stroke giving 120mm rear travel. 36 Floats spaced down to 130mm and a mix of LX, Hone and SLX. Geometry in the XC shock position pretty similar to a standard setup on Pikes in the FR position, bottom bracket at just over 13″. It is a little ripper – love it! Must cut those hoses down.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

swisstony
    Free Member

DustyLilac
    Free Member

👿

racing_ralph
    Free Member

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Prophet drive side" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

DustyLilac
    Free Member

😛

coogan
    Free Member

Not what you’d call a good looking bike are they? 😐

racing_ralph
    Free Member

everyone knows ugly birds ride better tho

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Dusty lilac – fair play it looks good but why have you shortened travel? What effect has it on angles and bb height?

snotrag

Anyone got a genuine frame weight for one of these?

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Racing Ralph – I’ve gone for shorter travel for a snappier, more responsive ride. I’d fancied the idea of a 4x type of bike for all round mucking about and trail centres, but at 6’2″ they are too cramped for all day use and most don’t give the option of a front mech for winding up fireroads.

Running the shorter shock in the XC position gives me a theoretical head angle of 68 degrees, seat tube angle at 74 degrees and the bb height measures up at just under 13.5″. The 130mm 36s have an almost identical a2c height as a set of Pikes. I measured the head angle at somewhere between 66 and 67 degrees though? The FR setting makes the bb far too low. It took a bit of juggling of shock air pressures to get the right balance of bottom-out resistance vs. compliance, but it still feels pretty supple.

Got this for when I feel the need for more travel:

Gemini drive side" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Rickos
    Free Member

My old one – a medium MX2 from 2006, now replaced with a Hemlock.

I reckon 30 pounds or so with XT cranks, Hope hubs on DT4.2 rims, Easton Havoc stem, Race Face DH bars, FSA seatpost, SDG Bel Air, Magura Louise FR brakes, Pana Rampage tyres, X& geary stuff.

walleater

Ummm….what’s the going rate for a brand new Prophet MX frame / shock / front mech in the UK??

I finally got chance to ride my new bike and it…well….cracked….and failed…..about 10 minutes into a ride along a slight uphill gravel trail.

So to cut a long story short despite getting a new front triangle, I am going to sell the replacement frame and go back to riding my trusty hardtail, so will be bringing the frame over to the UK at the end of March when I’m back for two weeks.

z1ppy

not a bloody lot apparently, considering a the last full mx went on fleabay for just over £600.. I couldn’t believe it…
    IA has been trying to flog a std prophet frame on here and ebay for 275-350 without huge amounts of luck…
    BTW I want an mx (or STD) but probably won’t have any cash till the end of March….. 😆

Dusty Lyric – how do the prophet/gemini compare, I have a gemini but really fancy a prophet.

coogan – beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think they look ace, and the thread the other day about “great looking bikes” should be have there fancy hardtails with oh so lovely welding stuffed up their owners a**es.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Here’s my 2005 Prophet. Made a few changes recently, mostly with parts off here. Much better now. I may even stop riding my hardtail.

IA

Zippy – email me when you’re buying, I might not have sold by then.

I’ve had a few offers for less than what I’m asking, but I’m in no rush to sell, and as the price increases filter through and new kit is more expensive/less deals on older (new) kit, then s/h kit prices will go up. So it’s not like my frame’s going to depreciate sat in a box, so I’m aswell to hold out for what I’m after. So if anyone on this thread is after a prophet frame, get in touch…

seanoc
    Free Member

Anyone got a genuine frame weight for one of these

2940g including RP23 and all bushings and bolts, QR clamp and headset bearing inserts (not the lefty ones). That’s for a medium frame.

spoon
    Free Member

oh.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Z1ppy, the Prophet is like a mini Gemini really. My Prophet has 2″ less travel all round than the Gemini and the BB is much lower. So it feels livelier, corners like a demon and pedals soooo much better. BUT it is much flexier at the back, not necessarily a bad thing, and I can’t just hurl it at stuff and expect to get away with it like I can with the Gem. The Prophet jumps really nicely, but again it needs to be landed with some finesse. I’d take the Gemini to the Alps, but the Prophet to Afan.

Ben_Haworth

A bolt-thru swingarm Prophet MX is a brilliant bike (I have one) 🙂

And I’ve just about to put a shorter eye-to-eye and shorter stroke shock on it (like a “lowering kit”).

A full report of my Prophet tweaks will be in a future issue of Singletrack BTW.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Show me ya Cannondale prophets and…’ is closed to new replies.