Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Show me cake
  • z1ppy

You lot are clearly amateurs

Yep that might be the case, but there still loads better than the shop bought pap you can buy.

ononeorange

This thread is not complete without the rabbit with the cake on its head. Anyone?

mamadirt
    Free Member

There you go . . .

Funnilly enough I found it here . . . pancake anyone?

z1ppy

I killed the site trying to post that… :mrgreen:

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I know you won’t believe it is an amateur attempt but I made this giraffe cake (was just a bit short on colours) myself! Amazingly it tasted even better than it looked! 🙂
    A sophisticated blend of sponge, buttercream icing, jam and ready coloured icing, as well as my obvious talent…

spandex_bob

[/url][/img]
    Christmas cake made by my amazing mum; normally manage to keep this until at least February and would have made it to March if it wasn’t for this thread…

Bunnyhop

Tracker 1972 – I’m glad you said that was a giraffe, the colouring had me confused 🙂

More please, you’re all so talented.

yunki
    Free Member

that piece of Red Velvet cake on page 2 of hummerlicious’ link is a fine looking example of a very desirable piece of niche-tastic baking..

nomnomnom

ononeorange

Thanks, mamadirt and zippy! Cheered us up after a bad day in the shops! 🙂

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Baked this last night in anticipation of B&B guests this weekend – five minutes later they phone to cancel their stay due to tooth ache! There is now only half the cake left…and my bet is it won’t last another night….

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’ve just tried Chocolate Beer cake. You’d think the holy grail of cakes? was disappointing.

domino

Chocolate guiness cake I made the other weekend – it didnt last long 🙂 [No idea where the pic went… its here http://twitpic.com/3uhequ ]

Bunnyhop

No_Discerning_taste, we may (cough) be round to see you tomorrow 😉

Hummerlicious – there are just too many cakes to look at on your page, over 700, they all look exceedingly scrummy.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Hmm, I think that was possibly what I had today Domino, but I bet yours was nicer, this just tasted a bit stale. The toffe millionaires cake otoh was lovely.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cake

my wife’s creation

Mike_D
    Free Member

Professor Inkling off of Octonauts:

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a miracle I’m not the size of a house, I should stop photographing them really!

Oh and the red velvet lushness is from Parklife in Worthing, purveyors of cakey heaven 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Is Trifle allowed in on a cake thread? Mama Moonter made this with home made sponges, home made egg custard, pears, candied ginger and syrup, sherry, ground almonds, apricot jam, topped with whipped cream, toasted almonds and glace cherries.

Good job she only makes it once a year! Calorietastic.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Last cake I made, might do some more baking after this thread has made me peckish.

Bunnyhop

Of course trifle is allowed. A teeny bit of trifle can make a person’s day.

Torminalis – Is that lemon curd? Gorgeous.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Curd, zest, juice. As lemony as a lemony thing. I feel like I am cheating as this was done ages ago… have promised my mother one though so I may go home and break out the baking gear!

Diane
    Free Member

Great thread! Mrs Yunki is very talented!

TexWade
    Free Member

Try these – wife makes them for a “living”

Still no bike cake for me but I live in hope!

Torminalis
    Free Member

soma_rich
    Free Member

Lego man head 🙂

takisawa2

Our office kitchen had three top-notch home made cakes earlier, not one hours ago, to celebrate a colleagues birthday.
    Sadly, its all gone now, so no picture. 🙁

Delicious.

z1ppy

Chocolate Guiness Cake by z1ppy2, on Flickr

Many thanks to Dominio for suggesting this, it’s awesome! You might spy some almond squares hiding in the corner (uncut).

Not gunna last long, as it gotta be eaten up, as the icing has double cream in it.

z1ppy

That guinness cake was LOVELY and didn’t last long…

Coffee Cake by z1ppy2, on Flickr

Bunnyhop

Finally got to the Inshriach cake shop today. It fully lived up the expectations that this thread had set, in fact it exceeded expectations as nobody had mentioned the array of birdfeeders outside – we had a wonderful cake while watching hundreds of birds including bramblings and woodpeckers. you may not care but I thought it was wonderful.

forgot to mention there was about 20cm of snow on the road and still people managed to get to the cafe!

z1ppy

just another bump to make you scrabble to the snack machine.. or plan something for later…

Me Mum’s chocolate cake

Mum’s recipe chocolate cake by z1ppy2, on Flickr

there was several ‘middling’ cake made between that and this… my never fail carrot cake:

Carrot Cake by z1ppy2, on Flickr

domino

I just spotted you made the Chocolate Guiness cake Z1ppy. Glad you gave it a try… its very more-ish. I may just need to remake it this weekend.

z1ppy

g/f says sponges are boring, but she loved that guiness cake, so rich and moist… MMMMMmmmmmm

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Show me cake’ is closed to new replies.