Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Show me amazing pump tracks, dirt jumps or similar please
  • sharkattack

An enormous new skatepark has just opened in Sunderland and they’ve allocated half of the interior space to an indoor dirt section and the considerable outdoor space to a mountain bike skills area.

The two owners are skaters from years ago so they’re having a consultation with anyone who wants to be involved in the design of the dirt section. I’m going to go down there any get involved. I just realised I’m not even sure what I would build or how I would do it. The space is huge and there’s lots of potential even before they start building outside.

We currently have nothing like this Oop North and I’ve never ridden a pump track. Where are the best examples? I’d like to show them some pictures or videos of the best stuff around to get them interested because let’s be honest, a pump track doesn’t sound very thrilling in word form.

If you wanted to get someone fired up about indoor dirt riding or a compact dirt jump spot what would you show them?

Euro
    Free Member

Heaven…

Google Redbull Roast it for vids.

Gotta be careful when mixing dirt jumps and wooden ramps indoors. It’s very easy for loose dirt to make it’s way onto the ramps which makes skating them a little hazardous.

iffoverload
    Free Member

so many variations, and good for kids, novice and pros

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/314041/

sharkattack

Those tracks look amazing. I bet it’s actually really hard to design something so organic looking and have it be a good ride.

GEDA
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWfJPFyV4s[/video]

sharkattack

The Colonnade is already on my list of inspirations! Definitely intend to use some of their ideas on the outdoor section. I rode there a few years ago it was great.

Macavity
    Free Member

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Lee McCormack’s site (leelovesbikes.com) for lots of PT stuff, and some skills park info. LMcC’s ebook “Pump Track Nation” is essential reading for anyone wanting to build a PT. From experience they are tricky things to get right, despite the simplicity of their components (berms and rollers).

Old footage but something that inspired me was Mark Weir’s Peacock Pit.

Lee Quarry has a PT and there must be decent clips of that getting ridden.

Rawcliffe Bar nr York has Phase 1 of a community PT built and Phase 2 is just starting on site (google / search FB).

CrispyCSW
    Macavity
    Free Member

Frome

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Stole this off another forum.
    Ape skate in thornaby. Used to ride this place, had graffitied on the wall ‘indoor trailz rule and are dusty’. They eventually took the jumps out to build a bigger skate area.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve sent you an email.

Macavity
    Free Member

Take a look at some of the Sam Pilgrim stuff

kevj
    Free Member

OP, where in Sunderland is this? May take a look.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I used to go to Ape skatepark also.

Loads of happy memories from there. Loved the dirt, the foam pit (rat house) was also good fun. I friend lost a shoe in there 🙂

kayak23

Any of the Jason carpenter ones are pretty cool. This is my local in Bishops Tachbrook.

[video]http://vimeo.com/51424433[/video]

stevenieve
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mowrZVpE32c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmowrZVpE32c[/video]

sharkattack

Sorry, I missed this thread coming back top life.

I’ve posted a few of the good examples on to the boss of the park.

Apparently the dirt was arrived now. A few thousand tonnes of it!
    I’m planning to drop in this week and see what’s going on. I’ll get some pictures if it looks good.

OP, where in Sunderland is this? May take a look.

It’s in Pallion. Next door to the climbing wall. Check this postcode on Google maps SR4 6TQ
    See the big grey building just under the climbing wall? That’s the skatepark and indoor trails. The big concrete wasteland to the right of it is going to be the outdoor area.

kevj
    Free Member

It’s in Pallion. Next door to the climbing wall. Check this postcode on Google maps SR4 6TQ
    See the big grey building just under the climbing wall? That’s the skatepark and indoor trails. The big concrete wasteland to the right of it is going to be the outdoor area.

Ah! One of the old Doxfords buildings or the high shed behind the climbing wall?

This is interesting as a couple of years back I was involved in an appraisal of the Quay here. I might be able to offer some help.

sharkattack

Keep an eye on them here

Dexx Facebook

sharkattack

I just sent them this for inspiration, thought you lot might like to see it. It would be amazing to have something like this.

Pinkbike Vid

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Show me amazing pump tracks, dirt jumps or similar please’ is closed to new replies.