Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shouting at drivers can have a positive outcome
  • aracer
    Free Member

Sometimes. For the non-psychopaths. Provided you’re not all sweary and abusive (well I suppose that might also work, but it’s less likely and I wasn’t on this occasion).

Had a tipper truck pass me rather close a couple of times within 5 minutes, then came across it parked by the side of a road at a shop. Saw a chap walking towards the shop from behind the truck, shouted “Mate, if you’re driving the truck, give me a bit more room when you overtake” (I think those exact words, or something very close). Riding off I was thinking actually he didn’t look like a truck driver and maybe I’d got it wrong – was bracing myself for another close pass and listening carefully for a truck coming ready to take primary. As it happened I didn’t hear the truck as it was behind a car – or at least not until he gave a couple of toots on his horn as he passed my with lots of space – I’m assuming the wide pass and the toots weren’t coincidental.

Nice after a succession of rides where I’d have liked to report a driver to the police after every ride (waiting to hear about one I did report) – it’s nice to have a positive story. Hopefully he will think a bit more when passing cyclists as well. 😀

(bike or chat? Mods please move if I’ve got it wrong)

Kryton57

A truck driver, earlier:

Ok maybe not a truck driver but you get the idea 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

A swivel eyed loon?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So the gif is to show that blondes don’t know what the letter L looks like? 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Your truck drivers are different to the ones round here

antigee

“Without trucks Australia stops”
    last discussion I had with a tipper truck driver in semi rural Victoria followed on from his tailgating me at 50km/h hand on horn before eventually pulling over to do a close pass with nothing coming and good visibility – a couple of km’s later he was unlocking site gates:

me “what was that all about”

him “f’ing cyclists, I’d kill f’ing the lot of you if I could”

no point advancing any sensible arguments there

wasn’t so sure what was stopping him – maybe I caught him on a good day 😥

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shouting at drivers can have a positive outcome’ is closed to new replies.