Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Shouldn't sheep 'poof!' in the rain?
  • camo16
    Free Member

Apparently this doesn’t happen though. Sheep don’t fluff up due to extreme moisture content.

Is it an oil-in-the-wool thing, or is there some ingenious sheep technology at work here?

KonaTC

Didn’t you know the Welsh Assembly employs celebrity hairdressers, paid for of course by Westminster 😆 😉

flip
    Free Member

Poof?

legend
    Free Member

I’m sure a Welshman or an Aberdonian will step up to answer this one shortly

philconsequence
    Free Member

tis why the price of meat has shot up, years ago they used to poof and meat was cheap. trust me.

donsimon
    Free Member

Homophobia and xenophobia in a single thread, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    *thread reported*

Lol@poof

molgrips
    Free Member

Wool is quite oily when it’s on a sheep. Lanolin, innit.

However if they do get totally saturated (like when you pull them out of a peat bog) they get really really soggy and heavy.

camo16
    Free Member

Homophobia and xenophobia in a single thread, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    *thread reported*

EEK!

‘Poof!’ to denote sudden springing up of wool in 70s disco style, through the cunning use of onomatopoeia.

No offence intended. 🙁

binners

Some do….

Don is just winding you up

philconsequence
    Free Member

i think the offence was intended, you could have used the words: ‘fluffy’ ‘volumey’ and ‘dampyboingboing’ but instead you tried to suggest that sheep turn homosexual when it rains.

dont we all?!

camo16
    Free Member

Why didn’t I think up ‘dampyboingboing’? 😀

binners

donsimon
    Free Member

Don is just winding you up

Actually not, I got a warning because someone got confused thinking puff was the same as poof. Who’d have thunk a piece of furniture could be gay?

camo16
    Free Member

Then let’s be clear. This is about sheep taking on water in hardcore rain conditions – and NOTHING ELSE.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Who’d have thunk a piece of furniture could be gay?

psling
    Free Member

Same with merino base layers, just don’t dampyboingboing up the way Grandma’s old knitted woollen jumpers used to. Things just aren’t the same these days…

binners

matt_outandabout

Pass the eye bleach….

camo16
    Free Member

My mental image of Binners did not include a moustache. 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

mine did

and a generous helping of moustache wax

camo16
    Free Member

…so it won’t dampyboingboing in the rain, I presume?

binners

That was a photoshoot that formed part of the Japanese marketing campaign for my No1 extra special moustache wax.

I’m very big in Japan

sparkyrhino

Off to the dales for the weekend,will carry out an indepth investigation, not allowed to take my bike due too romantic 10th wedding anniversary thing. Ah well our lass likes sheep ,she will love it.

Big in Japan = Binners & pedophiles

Sexy time

camo16
    Free Member

Off to the dales for the weekend,will carry out an indepth investigation

Much appreciated, sparkyrhino. We’ll need exact sheep body diameter measurements pre and post monsoon, comparative weights and general dampyboingboing-ness demographics.

Hope the rain doesn’t ruin your weekend.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Shouldn't sheep 'poof!' in the rain?’ is closed to new replies.