Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shoulder twinges
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Started last Thursday with me laying in bed, propped up on my left elbow watching TV, twang went my left shoulder, that hurt.

Since then it hurt on Friday when I changed gear from 3rd to 4th,

Hurt coming down the stairs again, left hand in banister for support, on Saturday morning, left hand on banister, I had to shift some soil into the trailer to take it to the dump and proceeded to drag the trailer with my left arm. Did fine until I though I’d better use my right so as not to aggregate the left shoulder, pulled the trailer we my right and my left shoulder twinged.

Sunday, same coming down the stairs, hurt when left hand was on the banister but it was fine on Saturday after shovelling a couple of tonnes of soil into the trailer and then out at the other end, into a high skip, flinging it over the lip.

Today, it hurt when I trotted down an incline in work, sort of jolted it, arm was relaxed.

I’ve got a physio appointment in a couple of weeks but in the meantime, what is the STW diagnosis please? I can’t replicate the movement to make it hurt on purpose, it’s not sore to touch, it’s just an occasional movement that sets it off.

The pain stops you in your tracks and you pull a slight “I’ve just ate a lemon” face and you instinctively grip your shoulder. I’ve got full movement with no pain by the way just this occasional painful twinge.

Edit, it was fine riding the bike up and down Rivington on Sunday so I’m not too worried

Cougar

Muscle spasm? That hurts like anything but does go away.

IANAdoctor.

kcal

rotator cuff? can you lift arm above head, stretch it straight out, move it up and down?

depends on age, I’ve started to get twinges that hurt like anything, then fade after a few days, agony at the time and completely unable to move, odd.

not medical anything, just a sufferer..

Tracker1972
    Free Member

You will have damaged something in there, as all the physiotherapists who have dealt with my shoulders after dislocations are fond of telling me, it’s massively complicated. 30 odd muscles or something ridiculous.
    The good news is I know of no person or thing that can locate a source of pain, and make it hurt, as quickly as a physio.
    If it hurts, they will find it 🙂

hairyscary

I’ve had something similar for about 5 years in my right shoulder. The twang/spasm is enough that my arm moves involuntarily by a few inches. I suspect I have damaged something during one of my many falls from my bike. 🙂
    Fortunately I am left handed so have avoided throwing cups of tea or pints about the place.
    I can’t help with a diagnosis as I can’t be bothered to see a GP/physio. All I can say is than mine has got no worse over 5 years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shoulder twinges’ is closed to new replies.