Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Should Tom Boonen
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Even be in le Tour?

aP
    Free Member

Do you have a problem with convicted drunk driving cheese rollers still rolling cheese?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

yes and yes.

A bit of coke on a night out, off season does not equal totting himself up to the eyeballs with EPO. These guys are human after all.

Plus he has to console himself over not being the fastest guy in a sprint these days 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sofatester
    Free Member

There are no cheats in the tour. Come on everyone knows that.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yes, as ADH said a wee snifter off season shouldn’t remove him from the tour.

That said I have a feeling he maybe taking a bit more coke than a wee snifter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

recreational drug use is one thing cheating another

Comrade
    Free Member

he must have a pretty bad coke habit if he can’t stop himself from doing it when he’s a professional athlete

darrell
    Free Member

its not like its performance enhancing anyway so who cares.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I am a Boonen fan, but what a total tossa doing coke when you are a professional athlete and a role model. I just don’t get it.

crikey
    Free Member

Er, maybe pro athletes and role models like to get off their faces every now and again?

tomzo
    Free Member

It’s illegal. i see no reason why it should be tolerated. I like to drive fast and knock people over but apparently its a no no?

crikey
    Free Member

It is illegal, and shouldn’t be tolerated, but the organisation of the Tour is not judge, jury or executioner.

Joey Barton anyone…

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Not good enough though is it, when you get paid over half a million pounds a year to represent a company, and a sport that already has a reputation for doping, young children and teenagers look up to people like Boonen.

crikey
    Free Member

Hero in ‘feet of clay’ shocker….

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What about Fishman Phelps and his bong?

Nick

It’s illegal. i see no reason why it should be tolerated. I like to drive fast and knock people over but apparently its a no no?

yeah, like that’s a great analogy

Junkyard
    Free Member

why are professional athletes role modesl surely they are just professional athletes?
    When he was small did he think to himself mmmmm what is the best way to be a role model for children or did he think this bike riding is fun I would like to do that for a living?

Nick

no but he’s decided to live in the public eye so has to endure the wrath of ‘the public’

crikey
    Free Member

Ooooh, millionaire Tom weeps at the wrath of STW, probably.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He decided to ride a bike not appear in Big Brother

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

It’s also worth bearing in mind that, given the Tour management seem to be a law unto themselves even within the sport and don’t seem to defer to the UCI, they’re hardly likely to give a flying f*ck over our opinion on their decisions…

Nick

I was being ironic, sorry if that wasn’t obvious (that’s sarcasm btw)

crikey
    Free Member

…and of course no ‘role model’ pop/rock star has ever taken any illegal substance, thankfully, for the sake of les enfants…. 🙄

epo-aholic
    Free Member

………be banned forever? YES!

paule
    Free Member

What would your employer do if you were caught taking coke?

Fairly sure I (and plenty of other folks) would be fired…. so why shouldn’t he be?

Comrade
    Free Member

he’s one, if not the biggest sport stars in belgium. it would be like Wayne Rooney, Andy Murray, Jensen Button or Steven Gerrard doing coke. They would get a ban in an instant.
    He’s very lucky to get away with it and be allowed to have another go.

Speshpaul

Is coke on the UCI or the tours list of banned substances?
    If yes then he should be out.

IdleJon

ilikebikes – Member
    Not good enough though is it, when you get paid over half a million pounds a year to represent a company,

If you feel strongly enough about it complain to his team. I’m sure you can google their contact details.

As to coke being on the UCI banned substances list, I can’t open the link on the UCI website, puter says no. But if coke was banned by the UCI/ASO, I’m sure somebody might have noticed by now and had a word with Prudhomme.

aracer
    Free Member

You’re all missing the point. Surely the only important question is whether he evaded the swear filter?

thomthumb
    Free Member

why not?

What would your employer do if you were caught taking coke?

not like he was doing off the stem though – twas the off season.

tankslapper
    Free Member

crikey – Member

Ooooh, millionaire Tom weeps at the wrath of STW, probably.

He’s over on twitter at the moment giving me and the STW massive grief!

aracer – Member

You’re all missing the point. Surely the only important question is whether he evaded the swear filter?

Boonen starts le Tour and Rude Boy gets banned?! A coincidence? I’m not so sure…………….

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I don’t feel all that strongly about it, as I pointed out I am a Boonen fan, I am glad he didn’t get banned. It disappointed me that’s all.

tom84
    Free Member

i didn’t know that you could do bongs and not damage your lungs to the extent that you are physically out of contention for competition. if i remember correctly, they are pretty weeze inducing affairs- there’s hope yet!

i thought the test was so sensitive that even if you’d been at a party where people are doing coke it’d come up(the active ingredient evaporates into the air very easily). i’m thinking models, actors, z listers, agents, city bankers: think how much coke there would be at a party like that? loads! anyway WE choose our own role models, and are happy to do so without properly interviewing them on their lifestyle particulars 😉 before we take them into our hearts.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Should Tom Boonen’ is closed to new replies.