Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 1,617 total)
  • Should Theresa May resign?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

It was a rude shock to wake up on the 24th June 2016 and to realise that Cameron and Osborne were the moderate wing of the Conservative Party.

It’s interesting to note that the Conservatives have stopped publishing membership data. I’ve seen estimates as low as 70,000 card carrying Tories as there appears to have been a large number of party members leaving since the Referendum but this is largely speculation based upon opinion poll data.

Party membership data

The great thing about Conservative Party members is that if the party continues on its’ current course then members will die off faster than they can be replaced. Good riddance.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m not sure about that. People seem to become more conservative as they get older, so as the middle ages moved into old age they will go that way.

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe. To a certain extent I’m sure it’s true with a small c, but it may be a political truism which isn’t. I find it hard to believe I’m the only person around who’s become far less big C Conservative as they’ve got older.

MSP

People seem to become more conservative as they get older, so as the middle ages moved into old age they will go that way.

I would say, traditionally educated people have, but not any more. What we are getting now is people suffering a lifetime of propaganda on right wing issues by most of the established media.

kimbers

research lately has been showing its no longer the case that people are turning Tory as they age, as they once did.

The reasoning being that people are taking much longer to get on the property ladder & accumulate wealth , but that is no longer happening at the same rate (thatchers right to buy & Cam+Os’ help-to-buy were political tools to expand their voter base)
    But Tories have made great efforts to insulate pensioners from wrst of austerity at the expense of the young, hence why Mays dementia tax was sucha disaster even though its something that needs addressing
    thats still offset by the shift in our demographics to an older population, but it is still shifting

until then we are still being held hostage by the oaps until they get theyre blue passports back

Northwind

PJM1974 – Member

It was a rude shock to wake up on the 24th June 2016 and to realise that Cameron and Osborne were the moderate wing of the Conservative Party.

It shouldn’t have tbh, they were always the polish on the jobby

PJM1974
    Free Member

they were always the polish on the jobby

It would seem that the party has given up on trying to detoxify the brand and appears to be doing all it can to push the agenda culturally, it’s telling that some Conservative commentators are more concerned about university student unions not platforming far right speakers and the ever increasing social media presence of organisations like Stop Funding Hate than they are about working towards providing adequate housing, social care and funding for the NHS.

If one stands outside Conservative Party HQ and listens carefully, you can just about make out the slurping noise as the party disappears up its’ own fundament.

tjagain

Should May resign? When she is so weak that Hunt can refuse to move posts then yes. She has lost all power.

kimbers

Now Rudds gone who can May hide behind?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

philxx1975
    Free Member

At this rate just call me Dave will be back in office.

mikey74
    Free Member

I suspected when she took over May will end up making Cameron look like an enlightened leftie by comparison. However, Cameron deserves to be lynched for starting the Brexit fiasco so he’d better stay hidden.

Kryton57

Our local conservative leaflet is making promises that if in power after this weeks elections they challenge the current administrations proposal to make Green bin collections every two weeks.

With a manifesto for the borough as strong as that how could I resist…  Its indicative to me the conservatives don’t really have much to offer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

kimbers

Klunk
    Free Member

flounder

salad_dodger

If she did resign I hear there’s a job going at the Daily Wail that would suit her.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44417629

Interesting idea on pay gaps and explaining it though as usual action is better than headlines….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m left bemused as to how MayBot has lasted so long, that and the Lying BloHard and Davies.

Seems the more lies you spout and the harder you shout and point, the longer you last in this pathetic lying circle of bullies.

tjagain

May – I think two issues.  she has a real sense of “duty” and believes she is the only one who can deliver and unite the tories and also that no one actually wants to depose her now knowing that they would carry the can for the brexit shambles and the next election is going to be lost.  They all want to be the next but one leader

I do feel a bit sorry for her in one way – it must be real mental torture for her but because of this sense of duty she just keeps ploughing on

fifo
    Free Member

I do feel a bit sorry for her in one way – it must be real mental torture for her but because of this sense of duty she just keeps ploughing on

Ive tried to feel a bit sorry for her, but despite my best efforts I really couldn’t

kimbers

Agreed, she’s put herself in this position. No sympathy !

No one else wants the job & fear of a Corbyn government keeps the rebels in line (even tho latest polls see a widening Tory lead)

kimbers

yeah when gammon williamson is shaking you down for your dinner money its bad news

oldnpastit

It’s taxpayers who will give him that money. Ones like me.

AD

She should just say we’ll use some of the money we’ll save from no longer being in the EU. That particular wheeze worked really well last Sunday…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s taxpayers who will give him that money. Ones like EVERYONE

FIFY

It’s just a nice thing for her ministers to talk about

Caught the usual lines on Radio 5 this morning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tl965

The only condition is Labour not getting in, it’s down to how they have managed the economy, then throw in some mumbles about other stuff and dodge the questions

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

That clown should be dragged back from wherever he scuttled off to & forced to sort out this whole shambles that he started & if he’s to inept to sort it (probably), then he gets sent to the tower.

Klunk
    Free Member
    kimbers

Oh god, that video on the guardian is excruciating, I feel sorry for her again, now

kimbers
    somafunk

I freely admit,” Karen freely admitted, “that when I started this job, I didn’t understand some of the deep-seated and deep-rooted issues that there are in Northern Ireland. I didn’t understand things like when elections are fought, for example, in Northern Ireland – people who are nationalists don’t vote for unionist parties and vice versa.”

Nope…Nope….Nope…Nope – I don’t believe anyone, especially a politician could be so immensly **** ignorant to the point of being way below sub human intelligence of the above facts.

That must be a parody, if not then whoever recommended her for the position deserves to be bitch slapped by every single person in northern ireland, and as for Karen Bradley? – there’s nothing that can be done for her stupidity apart from euthanasia.

nickc

Imagine the Interview that she must have had with May. Did she admit (freely obvs) that she knew nothing about NI politics when she was offered the job? Did she start at the Wiki page? Pop along to Waterstones for a copy of “101 things you didn’t know about sectarianism”

**** embarrassing

Cougar

Wow.  That’s… special, even by Tory standards.

dannyh
    Free Member

I just don’t get it. If a normal person (a prole perhaps like me) even interviewed for a job and had no idea about it, they’d just be laughed out of the room. How anyone can actually accept such a job and then also be stupid enough to reveal they haven’t got the first clue about is also staggering. A new low.

I’ve read ‘Provos’, ‘Loyalists’ and ‘Brits’ by Peter Taylor and watched a few documentaries about ‘The Troubles’, and this makes me infinitely more qualified for the job than the actual incumbent(?) What the actual ****?

I’d give her a Tricolor and a Union Jack put her in the middle of the Falls or the Shankhill, telling her which one it is, and ask her to pick a flag that she then has to walk the length of the road waving enthusiastically. Fifty-fifty is better odds than she deserves, so I’m being generous.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah but if all you have to pick from are Tory MP’s…..

There you go an excuse for her. Just the one mind you.

dannyh
    Free Member

She was born in 1970, though, for Christ’s sake.

How can someone elected to high office not have at least absorbed something over all that time? Hunger Strike? Gibraltar? Brighton Bomb? Birmingham Six? How can none of this have gone in?

Bloody useless. Closeted, glib, complacent fools.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hunger Strike? Gibraltar? Brighton Bomb? Birmingham Six? How can none of this have gone in?

Was that the prequel?

dannyh
    Free Member

Well Jennifer Lawrence does make me quiver so thanks for that, at least…..

binners
    kimbers

those dastardly plotters are at it again, Tory Mps apparently whatsapping this to each other…….

Viewing 40 posts - 1,561 through 1,600 (of 1,617 total)

The topic ‘Should Theresa May resign?’ is closed to new replies.