Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,617 total)
  • Should Theresa May resign?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

I posted this on page 1, six months ago and don’t see that anything has changed:

She made a series of appalling decisions and frankly will inspire no confidence at all. However, the last thing the country needs is a leadership battle. She needs to realign the position and move forward…for now at least!

Northwind

airtragic – Member

For the Tories, Hunt’s name is being bandied around too. All a bit tainted, aren’t they?!

I like the headlines “Jeremy Hunt positions himself for a leadership bid”. There’s probably an internal vacancy coming up at my place which I’m after, and I’m preparing for it by doing extra work in that field, being generally awesome, and trying to impress the boss and colleagues. Jeremy Hunt, in my position, would prepare for it by smearing himself in his own shit then telling everyone how amazing being smeared in shit is

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Milf or Gilf is my question.

If we get a carp deal, do we still exit? Or another referendum/general election?

airtragic
    Free Member

It was carp that got us into this Brexit mess in the first place!

Be Angry!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well at least they are not eating the swans anymore.

kimbers

benny hill themetune time

Tom Newton Dunn?Verified account
    @tnewtondunn
    Follow Follow @tnewtondunn
    More
    The reshuffle is now in serious trouble. Hunt was supposed to emerge from No10 as the new Business Secretary. Appears Greg Clark has refused to budge.

kimbers

even better

Tom Newton Dunn?Verified account
    @tnewtondunn
    Follow Follow @tnewtondunn
    Breaking: the reshuffle’s big shock – Jeremy Hunt refused a move to BEIS to insist he stay on as Health Sec with a beefed up brief of social care too.

AD

Hunt in charge of social care. Surely this is some kind of elaborate joke?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I see the lying David Davis is still in, so too that berk BloJo.

Glad I’m not a scheming Tory beastiality fetsh ponce.

binners

She’s just reinforced exactly how week she is, by confirming that the hardline Brexiteers are indeed unsackable.

Boris could get his nob out and wave it at some international dignitaries on live telly, and he’d still be safe as Foreign Secretary

Northwind

So, we know Anne Milton was supposed to be Health Secretary before Hunt decided he likes screwing the NHS over too much to stop. How do we know this? Because last night, her wikipedia entry was amended to remove the fact that her husband is a director at Virgin Care, by an IP address known to be in the House of Commons.

AD – Member

Well, they moved most social care elements out of the NHS (so they could slash social care without “cutting the NHS”, and so that they could shuffle money around existing budgets and pretend it was new money), and that caused massive problems where the 2 meet, so it makes sense to have them all under one arsehole again. I mean roof.

Poopscoop

She can reshuffle s*** as much a she likes but it’s still s*** at the end of the day.

A government that holds utter contempt for a large proportion of the populous and has repeatedly shown that the party comes before the country time and time again.

As for social care and the NHS, as far as I am concerned May and her cronies have blood on their hands.

Words fail to express how much I loath this government.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

AD – Member

Role expanded.

Obviously, the NHS is working more or less according to Tory government plans.

Northwind

Of course it is, as Theresa May said the other day they planned for the current crisis to happen just like they planned for last year’s.

Junkyard
    Free Member

to be fair if their is one thing you can trust this govt to do its to lurch from one crises to another

binners

You’ve got to credit her with consistency. Absolutely everything she does collapses into a total omnishambles!

kimbers

Regarding the canceling of planned operations

I know for certain that urgent cancer ops are being cancelled as well, due to lack of ITU beds, this does happen from time to time and it’s always worse in the winter but much worse this year, even than last, next month when the flu season peaks, will presumably be worse.

binners

But the man who delivered this definitely needs his role expanding, rather than him being sacked?

It does indeed show that she’s more than happy with the direction of travel under his stewardship.

Run it into the ground, then offer privatisation as the ‘only solution’ in the post-brexit economies tsunami

jambalaya
    Free Member

hardline Brexiteers are indeed unsackable.

Of course they are unsackable, its what people voted for.

Aside from booting out Hammond a reshuffle was unnecessary, hence what we see today. No real changes

binners

I don’t remember voting to a bumbling ****-wit to be an (unsackable) international embarrassment on the world stage and turn us into a laughing stock, but if that’s the ‘Will of the People’ eh Jammers?

I take it you think you think he’s doing a great job? 😆

Ewan
    Free Member

As someone said on HIGNFY, sacking Johnson would be like letting an arsonist walk away from the scene of the crime, only to come back later claiming to be the fire brigade.

binners

I love the fact that our countries entire economic future is a secondary consideration to the internal machinations of the Tory party

It’s like some ****ing feudal medieval court!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Except lacking the only benefit of a medieval court.

Poopscoop

thegreatape – Member
    Except lacking the only benefit of a medieval court.

Subtle but I like it.

Very true.

Northwind

Just read about Justine Greening getting sacked, that’s a shame, she got lumbered with trying to implement some truly terrible policies and totally sidelined in the queen’s speech by brexit but she was a strong contender for “least awful minister”. (the head of the ASCL says he regrets her leaving and that “She has tried hard to tackle the school funding crisis, without any help from the chancellor or prime minister”)
    But that’s the price of being a remainer I guess.

Not a great day for Esther McVey either, knowing that she’s second best to someone that didn’t want the job. I once had to tell a failed candidate they’d got the job because the first one wouldn’t do it for the money so I empathise with Theresa May on this one, it’s no fun

Twodogs

Toby Young appears to have quit…after May gave her wholehearted support

kimbers

Just when you thought May had clawed back a bit of credibility, she tries a reshuffle and it all goes tits up.

Johnsons(s) & May backing of Toby Young now makes them look even stupider as he’s realised being a professional troll is incompatible with being a gov. advisor.

Weak & Wobbly

Poopscoop

She couldn’t run a third world country.

After Brexit I might have proof of that. 😉

tjagain

The fact that HUnt refused to move and May let him get away with it shows her weakness

jambalaya
    Free Member

Regarding the canceling of planned operations

I know for certain that urgent cancer ops are being cancelled as well, due to lack of ITU beds, this does happen from time to time and it’s always worse in the winter but much worse this year, even than last, next month when the flu season peaks, will presumably be worse.

@kimbers it’s just the same in France except their the Government directed the hospitals to do it. The French system is much better funded than is the NHS, mostly due to a combination of higher taxes and fact the service is not universally free at the point of delivery

Today’s reshuffle brought in some new faces. Onwards and upwards we go

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Up to where? Have wages caught up with inflation? What about earnings and house prices?
    Perhaps a reduction in national debt and no big bills coming up?
    Now where was the 350mil this week

zokes
    Free Member

Onwards and upwards we go

Whilst your blinding optimism might be laudable, I’d suggest delusional is a more appropriate adjective.

That said, I doubt we could get much lower…

kimbers

Im sure May will be reshuffling this reshuffle again soon, when the next round of scandals, sackings & incompetence surfaces

aracer
    Free Member

Like Icarus

binners

jambalaya » Onwards and upwards we go

binners

double post.oops

richmtb

Remember Cameron, his increasingly bilious visage, his bloated self confidence born from of a life of utter privilege?

Remember Osborne, his seemingly sneering disregard for everyone around him?

I’d have them back in a heartbeat

binners

*sigh*

It was impossible to imagine at the time that we would look upon this as a golden era of benign parliamentary competence…

Having said that, heir final act was to deliver us into this shitstorm, and it will be all either of them will ever be remembered for

theotherjonv

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 1,617 total)

The topic ‘Should Theresa May resign?’ is closed to new replies.